Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
questionmark

Republican pollster urges GOP to rethink

8 posts in this topic

A leading Republican pollster has pushed for a party rethink on gay marriage, stressing the conservative nature of encouraging commitment between same-sex couples.

In a memo to GOP operatives, Jan van Lohuizen – a former public opinion researcher for George Bush – notes a shift in attitudes towards gay marriage and calls for a Republican response.

Read more

Van Lohuizen continues: "Polling conducted among Republicans show that majorities of Republicans and Republican leaning voters support extending basic legal protections to gays and lesbians."

That's impossible...the big old meany Republicans are all against same sex marriage and abortions.

You canot have family values without encouraging families to stay together. Seems pretty simple.

… The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can “throw the rascals out” at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy. … Either party in office becomes in time corrupt, tired, unenterprising, and vigorless. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies.--Quigley, Tragedy, pp. 1247–1248

But isn't it odd how all of these polls supposidly show majority support for gay marriage but yet it fails every single time that it's put up for a vote - even in the bluest of the blue states.

How can that be?

1 person likes this

But isn't it odd how all of these polls supposidly show majority support for gay marriage but yet it fails every single time that it's put up for a vote - even in the bluest of the blue states.

How can that be?

I would guess voter apathy. The margin has been getting very close

basic legal protections =/= marriage equality. It's a step though, basically ensuring that there is a de facto status to homosexual relationships in the eys of the law.

I would guess voter apathy. The margin has been getting very close

I would argue that not voting is voting if you know what I mean. It's one thing to tell a pollster something (gee, I dont' want him/her to think I'm homophobic), but it's another thing entirely to make the effort to go to the polls and pull the lever.