Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Beast of Bont' returns as 20 sheep found

Still Waters

everyone knows" wild animals don't overkill recklessly" because that would leave them without a food source 1 thing is for sure

whatever is killing them "it isn't a wild animal like a cat" plus cats drag food into bushes or up trees as to save kill from scavengers you will notice even a domestic cat dose this also its ingrained in the primorldal brain

Ever seen a chicken coop after a fox has visited it?

Ever seen a chicken coop after a fox has visited it?

Aye..someone has a chicken coop near me.My whippets escaped once and caused carnage...we were as popular as a poop in a swimming pool...

Edited by BrianPotter

I have always been skeptical about big cats in Britain.

Despite all the photographic evidence and the footprints which prove otherwise?

In 2006, whilst out walking her dog in Gloucestershire, Katharine Midgeley from Hartpurty photographed some footprints she found in a field in Pauntley.

cat_footprint_470_470x385.jpg

Are they the best evidence discovered so far that a Big Cat of some sort is living wild in Gloucestershire?

She told BBC Gloucestershire: "I heard a growl and my dog got spooked by something. I think he may have actually seen something but it was too dark for me to see anything.

"I also remember a smell, a bit like ammonia. It reminded me of the big cat enclosure at Marwell Zoo.

catherine_180_150x180.jpg

Katharine Midgeley

"When I went back the next day I found these footprints and decided to photograph them on my mobile phone."

Big Cat expert Frank Tunbridge from Gloucester has been trying to prove the existence of a big cat in the county for a number of years, and says this latest evidence is the best he has seen.

"The print is extremely close to that of a lynx," he said.

news.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

• 3 weeks later...

Hey friends, I am writing an article about this and I am collecting information and looking for witnesses and stories from old people regarding to this topic. ... If anyone can help me... Please contact me .. .

Please read the Article, there is a picture on the Telegraph website.

The picture in the article is a placement picture.

I've seen it used before.

• 2 months later...

A big cat would hunt sheep for food, but the article makes it sound like it's a serial killer that is killing as many sheep as it possibly can?

There are big cats in england that got there when some owner bought an exotic cat like a puma or a cougar,and after awhile either let it escape or just got tired of feeding it and let it go.that is why that in these countries in which you can do that,including the usa,records should be kept about who has bought it and whether that animal is still alive because it's a danger to the public and other animals.i think our government here should ban any citizen from buying any exotic animal here regardless of what it is.