Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

Nice site Apol.

Btw, your wife maybe calls Adèle ;-)

What do you and other contributers think of the people called 'Finna' in OLB?

I was pondering about the ressemblance in various descriptions with the Prussians and Goths.

In some dialect to take 'pride' (fier zijn) is called 'preus' -> Prussians ;-).

Those Finna seem to me some perfect match for a mix of Goths, Prussians and Puriteinen.

Thaet folk nêth navt ênis en nôme, thrvch vs send hja Finna hêten, hwand afskên hjara fêrsta algadur drov aend blodich send, thach send hja thêr alsa fin vp, that wi thêr bi aefter stâne, forth ne send hja navt to binydane, hwand hja send slâvona fon tha presterum aend jeta fül aerger fon hjara mêninga.

pure guess work again VG . together with my very dodgy translations........

but if that says something like :- these folk that never had a name , but from us were called Finna ...........and maybe something like ther alsa "fin up " for a right to left writer that " f " could be "of" again , and then right to left "puni. which could be punic , and the punic Carthaginians were phoenics or phoenicians , Phoenix

http://www.ancienthistory.about.com/od/phoenicians/f/011611-What-Does-Punic-Mean.htm

there is also a link on that page link to what did the greeks and romans say about the punic/phoenic character..

Nice site Apol.

Btw, your wife maybe calls Adèle ;-)

What do you and other contributers think of the people called 'Finna' in OLB?

I was pondering about the ressemblance in various descriptions with the Prussians and Goths.

In some dialect to take 'pride' (fier zijn) is called 'preus' -> Prussians ;-).

Those Finna seem to me some perfect match for a mix of Goths, Prussians and Puriteinen.

Thaet folk nêth navt ênis en nôme, thrvch vs send hja Finna hêten, hwand afskên hjara fêrsta algadur drov aend blodich send, thach send hja thêr alsa fin vp, that wi thêr bi aefter stâne, forth ne send hja navt to binydane, hwand hja send slâvona fon tha presterum aend jeta fül aerger fon hjara mêninga.

You mean Adela... no, I'm named from her son... he, he...

What I think about the Finns so far (and I can only answer for myself), is that they were a people from the southeast – possibly from the area between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea, or from Ukraine – who were put to flight by the Magyars or Magi, when these wandered through their lands on their way from Persia. As the Magí were a caste of priests certainly not very willing to do ordinary work, they found the Finns useful for that purpose. They subjugated them and let them come with them on their way.

When they all at last settled in Scandinavia – namely in Southeast Sweden, they might well have become a mix of Goths and Prussians – as Gotland certainly was a part of their domain, and a group of them might have settled in Prussia as well, as they probably marched that way. Because the Finns believed in all sorts of supernatural things at the outset, and the religion of the magians additionally made them demoralized, it’s natural that they in the course of time took the opposite direction and became puritans.

The Oera Linda Book says that the Finns were driven away in 305 BC to an area which certainly is today’s Finland. That is in line with modern science, which thinks that the Finno-Ugrian languages are quite new in Finland, and that they perhaps arrived there in the Iron Age. Before one believed that the Finno-Ugrian languages evolved in Finland around 4000 BC.

Later, in times of famine some Finns have migrated to Norway, among other places. In southeast Norway, at the border to Sweden, there is an area named Finnskogen (‘the wood of the Finns’), and the northernmost county of Norway, Finnmark (‘Land of Finns’), is named from them. In both areas they are renowned for their belief in, and practice of, supernatural powers – like what the Oera Linda Book says. In Finnmark they are known for being the puritans (‘Læstadians’) among the population as well. I have lived for some years in Finnmark myself, and one of my very best friends descends from those Finns that came there – having their roots in North Finland.

Across the northernmost borders of Russia, Finland, Sweden and Norway you also have the Sami people – also named the ‘Lapps’. Their culture is traditionally based on supernatural beliefs and practices too, though it seems to be a little different than that of the Finns. I think the Sami people inhabited the north in a more ancient time than the Finns. It is my belief that they even might have been the original inhabitants of Scandinavia. Another friend of mine is a ‘Lapp’, and he is practicing supernatural powers when he thinks it’s needed – though rarely and for good purposes (I believe…). In Norway, Sweden and Finland the Sami people have now their own parliaments – defined more by heritage than by borders.

You mean Adela... no, I'm named from her son... he, he...

I hope for you you were named after a human being, lol.

A bit more about Halbertsma's dog Apol :

Maar vooreerst genoeg over de prediker, die lak had aan de deftigheid

van zijn hervormde collega's in toga, en die volgens de verhalen zijn hond

Apol, met een bef voor, de straat opjoeg om daarvan blijk te geven. Dit

speelde zich af in de stad, waarheen hij in 1821 was beroepen en waar hij was

gearriveerd om er tot zijn dood toe te blijven.

English:

But for now enough about the preacher who didn't give a damn about the pompous behaviour of his reformed collegues in their gowns, and who according to stories chased his dog Apol out on the streets with a pair of starched bands around its neck to demonstrate his dislike. This occurred in 1821 in the city to which he was called and where he would stay until his death.

http://www.historisc...B4D78F/0/07.pdf

This is an example of how his 'collegues' were dressed back then:

http://collectie.mus...d/66444-A_1.jpg

http://www.unexplain....com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=8115#entry4130563

Apol.jpg

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=8100#entry4130507

Edited by Abramelin

Do I see a tiny hint of irony in it, 'Abramelin'? Halbertsma is keeping us busy,... Lol.

• Like 1

just noticed that the capital of the Dutch East Indies was a place called Batavia , which subsequently got re-named as Jakarta in Indonesia just off the coast of Java .......1st i had heard that ... is this going to be the origin of the Batavians mentioned in Roman times..........anyone know where to find more info

just noticed that the capital of the Dutch East Indies was a place called Batavia , which subsequently got re-named as Jakarta in Indonesia just off the coast of Java .......1st i had heard that ... is this going to be the origin of the Batavians mentioned in Roman times..........anyone know where to find more info

The Dutch colonists gave the place that name a couple of centuries ago.

Jakarta has been known under several names: Sunda Kelapa, during the Kingdom of Sunda period; Jayakarta, Djajakarta or Jacatra, during the short period of the Banten Sultanate; Batavia, under the Dutch colonial empire; and Djakarta, or Jakarta, during the Japanese occupation and the modern period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jakarta

Apropos paper made from flax, linden bast or leaves of the waterlelie - I have found on the Internet a Dutch book named Noorderpapier, whose pages seem to be a collection of samples of paper made of various plants - among them linden bast. €49 + shipping:

http://www.waterleaf.../noorderpapier/

Edited by Apol

Just a small request guys and gals ... if you would be kind enough to note on a link you post what language it is in ....i keep downloading your pdf links for info , only to find i cant read most of them !!!.............polite please , i would be greatful.

Abe .. did you ever find the other source you thought you had for that map in the video in Historum........the one that showed the Kreekalanders in France/spain , did it also show the Netherlands and aldland down by greece/Turkey ??, and arrows showing the Magog invasion routes , and some dates ??

Also they were hoping to release the results of their findings on the new examinations of the dating of the OBL paper at the end of 2012 , anyone heard anything yet?

Just a small request guys and gals ... if you would be kind enough to note on a link you post what language it is in ....i keep downloading your pdf links for info , only to find i cant read most of them !!!.............polite please , i would be greatful.

Most of the times - that is if I don't forget it - I do say in what language it is.

And the relevant part I copy and paste into a post, accompanied with a translation into Engish, or some sort of summary in English.

Abe .. did you ever find the other source you thought you had for that map in the video in Historum........the one that showed the Kreekalanders in France/spain , did it also show the Netherlands and aldland down by greece/Turkey ??, and arrows showing the Magog invasion routes , and some dates ??

Also they were hoping to release the results of their findings on the new examinations of the dating of the OBL paper at the end of 2012 , anyone heard anything yet?

To start with your final question: Otharus told me things were postponed. Not sure exactly what else he said, but I will look it up.

And no, I didn't find the map, sorry.

This is the map from the video:

OLB_map.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

Most of the times - that is if I don't forget it - I do say in what language it is.

And the relevant part I copy and paste into a post, accompanied with a translation into Engish, or some sort of summary in English.

Dont get me wrong Abe , i am really grateful that you guys translate into English on most posts, it drives home to me how really lazy , on learning other languages us

Brits are . i am doing my best trying to learn Frisian though !

To start with your final question: Otharus told me things were postponed. Not sure exactly what else he said, but I will look it up.

"Meanwhile, another period of additional research is completed and a final publication prepared (Planning: 2013)."

So it may take another year.

NO-ID-EA, here is part of that same map (video), enlarged:

OLB_MAP_German.jpg

And here are 2 maps from Overwijn's book (1941/1951) about the OLB:

OVERWIJN-map.jpg

OVERWIJN-map2.jpg

They dont want us to know one way or the other do they !......an antiquarian bookseller , and two papermakers can tell us its a fake , lose men their credibility , and

cause suicides , ........but experts with advanced technical equipment cant tell us anything for years .

P.S. Thanks for the maps Abe.... it was further to the right i was looking for , where i thought i remembered it showed the Netherlands near Aldland in Turkey/Greece area, but thanks my friend , i will go back and find the video on the other site .

Edited by NO-ID-EA

They dont want us to know one way or the other do they !......an antiquarian bookseller , and two papermakers can tell us its a fake , lose men their credibility , and

cause suicides , ........but experts with advanced technical equipment cant tell us anything for years .

P.S. Thanks for the maps Abe.... it was further to the right i was looking for , where i thought i remembered it showed the Netherlands near Aldland in Turkey/Greece area, but thanks my friend , i will go back and find the video on the other site .

You're making it into a drama, Dr.No,

Yes, what happened in the 19th century with Haverschmidt, Ottema and also Halbertsma wasn't ok, but this is the 21st century.

I know Otharus and Alewyn were very fond to post about there being some sort of conspiracy against the OLB, but I won't buy it. That several people back in the 19th century attacked the OLB was just because they were convinced it was an obvious forgery, and could not understand why people believed in it. That a Beckering-Vinckers was maybe kind of nasty and sarcastic is nothing but the man's character. Call it arrogance if you like, but that had nothing to do with him having some sort of agenda to ridiculize the OLB to prevent to 'one and only truth' coming to the surface.

And they did investigate the paper, published it, and I posted about it on my blog:

http://oeralinda.blogspot.nl/search/label/4-%20The%20Oera%20Linda%20Boek%20-%20A%20literary%20forgery%20and%20its%20paper

But they wanted to do more research.

Heres the video.......i cant understand what Goffe Jansma is saying , does he refer to the map at all , or say whether he thinks this is a fake as well ??.... it comes up around 2:18 , any clues to where we can find it , as they dont seem to show all of it .

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vHSK9x3HSOU[/media]

aldland is shown mostly in what is now greece/Turkey and it looks like it was going to say Netherterra further East

You must have a different system for posting vids on here , i can never get them to work ???

Edited by NO-ID-EA

For this site, all you have to do is COPY the url from your browser, then PASTE it into your reply. It automatically embeds in your post.

[media=]

[/media]

And the name you wasn't sure of (Netherterra) is "Hethiter", it's German for "Hittites".

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge:

post-18246-0-51840200-1360667425_thumb.j

To answer your question: no, Jensma doesn't refer to the map at all. It's obvious he wasn't the creator of the video, but someone else instead.

My idea: it was a German map. and maybe a German copy of a map in a book written by an English or American writer. I think it was published in 1977 and the writer was a R.Sutton or R. Stanton, and it had Atlantis in its title.

+++

EDIT:

Here it is: Robert Scrutton's "The Other Atlantis" (1977).

But that can't be the book with the map, because Scrutton thought that Doggerland was Aldland, which is wrong for several reasons.

Edited by Abramelin

Thanks Abe..............At the end of that vid , is another vid called Frisones vs Fryas which starts with another interesting map , showing the columns of Hercules up in your neck of the woods ( so to speak ) under the names column of hercules , and under cananfates it looks like it says horde or horbe , do you think this indicates incomers , i am also getting the impression that if the name starts Can or Cam , that that means came (ie: incomers ) and as in OBL . comsta means just that , that they have come to stay.

P.S. in your post #2464 i am presuming that the bottom map is supposed to show the area of what is now the med , before the sea flooded in, what is your opinion on whether this is where Atlantis was......also considering the Jansma map showing where Aldland was , which if they had time to migrate might be where they ended up if they were living on dry land under the med before ??

Thanks Abe..............At the end of that vid , is another vid called Frisones vs Fryas which starts with another interesting map , showing the columns of Hercules up in your neck of the woods ( so to speak ) under the names column of hercules , and under cananfates it looks like it says horde or horbe , do you think this indicates incomers , i am also getting the impression that if the name starts Can or Cam , that that means came (ie: incomers ) and as in OBL . comsta means just that , that they have come to stay.

P.S. in your post #2464 i am presuming that the bottom map is supposed to show the area of what is now the med , before the sea flooded in, what is your opinion on whether this is where Atlantis was......also considering the Jansma map showing where Aldland was , which if they had time to migrate might be where they ended up if they were living on dry land under the med before ??

This is the video (by Otharus, btw):

[media=]

[/media]

That map has been posted in this thread several times, and yes, there you have the Pillars of Hercules.

But no one knows if that is right; it's just an interpretation of what Tacitus wrote down in his "Germania". I posted a map owned by Halbertsma, which had these Columnae Herculani (sp??) at the entrance of the Frisian "Middle Sea"....

==

The map (post #2464) is from Overwijn's book, and the map locates ALDLAND, the OLD LAND, not Atlantis. I have said I believe, based on what Bible researchers believed in the 19th century, that Aldland, the homeland of the Finda, was located near the Himalaya.

The best thing to do is forget about most of what he wrote. He was very influenced by Blavatsky's fantasies, although truth be told: he also had some interesting ideas.

Edited by Abramelin

Here is that map, once owned by Halbertsma:

Herculis_Columnae.jpg

Another, older name is used for the Frisian Middle Sea: Burdo/Burdinus/Bidurgus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middelzee

(related to the English 'border')

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=7215#entry4105761

From an old post of mine:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=9825#entry4191246

QUOTE:

It's interesting to note that the Frisian Middle Sea ("Middelzee") had an older name like Boorne, Bordine, Bordne,Bordena. It started as a river and developed into a tidel current and later on into an estuary.

On page 28 of the following book it is said that according to most writers the etymological meaning of the Bordine is "grensrivier" or "border river". And maybe something like "borderer" because of "Bordne", the 'one that borders'.

Op de grens van land en water: dynamiek van landschap en samenleving in ... by Daniël Augustinus Gerrets

http://books.google.nl/books?id=qr54JwrLi_sC&pg=PA28&lpg=PA28&dq=Boorne,+Bordine+or+Bordena&source=bl&ots=7ojEfqdmFE&sig=LQfxfdOhhtb418wSypIi3q7fwTg&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=lo4pT9v4DIibOvjX-bYC&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Boorne%2C%20Bordine%20or%20Bordena&f=true

So we have a Frisian Middle Sea, it's original name means 'border' and it was an actual border as I have explained long ago (and as you can read again in the above link).

OLB:

By morne paldon wi ovir it uter ende thes aster-sê, by êvind an thene middelsê, alsa wi buta tha littiga wel twelif grâta swete rinstrama hêdon, vs thrvch Wr.alda jêven vmb vs lând elte to haldane aend vmb us wigandlik folk tha wêi to wisana nêi sina sê.

Sandbach's:

Eastward our boundary went to the extremity of the East Sea, and westward to the Mediterranean Sea; so that besides the small rivers we had twelve large rivers given us by Wr-alda to keep our land moist, and to show our seafaring men the way to his sea.

My version in Dutch:

Bij morgen paalden we over het uiter einde deze Aster Sea, bij avond aan den Middel Zee, alzo wij buiten de kleine wel twaalf grote zoete ren-stromen hadden, ons door Wralda (ge)geven om ons land gezond te houden en om ons dappere volk de weg te wijzen naa zijn zee.

My version in English:

By morning (sunrise/east) we bordered on the utter end of this East Sea, by evening (sunset/west) on the Middle Sea, so that besides the little streams we had twelve large sweet running streams, given to us by Wr.alda to keep our land healthy and to show our brave people the way to his sea.

From an old post of mine:

http://www.unexplain...25#entry4191246

QUOTE:

It's interesting to note that the Frisian Middle Sea ("Middelzee") had an older name like Boorne, Bordine, Bordne,Bordena. It started as a river and developed into a tidel current and later on into an estuary.

On page 28 of the following book it is said that according to most writers the etymological meaning of the Bordine is "grensrivier" or "border river". And maybe something like "borderer" because of "Bordne", the 'one that borders'.

Op de grens van land en water: dynamiek van landschap en samenleving in ... by Daniël Augustinus Gerrets

http://books.google.... Bordena&f=true

So we have a Frisian Middle Sea, it's original name means 'border' and it was an actual border as I have explained long ago (and as you can read again in the above link).

OLB:

By morne paldon wi ovir it uter ende thes aster-sê, by êvind an thene middelsê, alsa wi buta tha littiga wel twelif grâta swete rinstrama hêdon, vs thrvch Wr.alda jêven vmb vs lând elte to haldane aend vmb us wigandlik folk tha wêi to wisana nêi sina sê.

Sandbach's:

Eastward our boundary went to the extremity of the East Sea, and westward to the Mediterranean Sea; so that besides the small rivers we had twelve large rivers given us by Wr-alda to keep our land moist, and to show our seafaring men the way to his sea.

My version in Dutch:

Bij morgen paalden we over het uiter einde deze Aster Sea, bij avond aan den Middel Zee, alzo wij buiten de kleine wel twaalf grote zoete ren-stromen hadden, ons door Wralda (ge)geven om ons land gezond te houden en om ons dappere volk de weg te wijzen naa zijn zee.

My version in English:

By morning (sunrise/east) we bordered on the utter end of this East Sea, by evening (sunset/west) on the Middle Sea, so that besides the little streams we had twelve large sweet running streams, given to us by Wr.alda to keep our land healthy and to show our brave people the way to his sea.

well your borders cant move from morning to night ?? what do you think he/she is talking about ...tides maybe!... i am thinking of the name boorn and the Severn bore

Edited by NO-ID-EA

well your borders cant move from morning to night ?? what do you think he/she is talking about ...tides maybe!... i am thinking of the name boorn and the Severn bore

You know what was said about the Empire of Henry V (or maybe another number)? That the sun never sank over the empire because it was global.

In fact the OLB did nothing but say how far the empire stretched from east to west, but nothing to do with tides or the Severn.

You may have been thinking about Britain as the penal colony, but that's only the place where to outcasts, the banned were deported to.

i was not really commenting on the extent of the territory , but just that the middle-sea may have had a bore run up it , hence the name boorne ..........like the one that runs up the severn river