Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

www.oeralindaboek.nl/boek/index.html

one good turn deserves another , could you tell me the link for the fris dictionary you mentioned the other day please puz.

No worries.

http://www.koeblergerhard.de/afrieswbhinw.html

... the Word was God.

WR.ALDA (the very oldest) = GOD (good or perfect) + ÉVG (eternal or forever)

God = WR.ALDA = T.ANFANG (the origin or beginning) = T.BIJIN = the utter start

... under the letters in this line there is some colour , it looks like blue and orange ... the letters also seem slightly smaller in this line.....weird

Looks like a scanning (digital) error to me.

edit

In Jensma's book that has other photocopies, the line looks perfectly normal.

Edited by gestur

WR.ALDA (the very oldest) = GOD (good or perfect) + ÉVG (eternal or forever)

God = WR.ALDA = T.ANFANG (the origin or beginning) = T.BIJIN = the utter start

"Im Anfang war das Wort" - Luther, Joh.1:1

(at the anfang was the word)

What word?

ANFANG

It was the first Wralda made, according to the creation myth.

For a Fryasborn, it would therefore be a sacred word, more than BIJIN.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

What word? Not beginning nor 'anfang'. '

"Im Anfang war das Wort" - Luther, Joh.1:1

(at the anfang was the word)

What word?

ANFANG

It was the first Wralda made, according to the creation myth.

For a Fryasborn, it would therefore be a sacred word, more than BIJIN.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

What word? Not beginning nor 'anfang'. '

Anfang a sacred word? But it is used elsewhere in the OLB for common things.

"God = WR.ALDA = T.ANFANG (the origin or beginning) = T.BIJIN = the utter start"

Why add 'utter'? If you want to stay as close as possible to the text, you should leave out 'utter'.

T BIJIN means nothing else but the Beginning. And that word, like the Dutch Begin is closest to the original.

EDIT:

For some unknown reason some quotes show up 2 times...

Edited by Abramelin

Looks like a scanning (digital) error to me.

edit

In Jensma's book that has other photocopies, the line looks perfectly normal.

Could you please upload a copy of that page? It doesn't look like some digital artefact.

OLB_INK_zps81c71ad3.jpg

OLB_INK2_zps17055559.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

on page 2 ......and hiara ajne toghatera thruch that wle farbild fon-a wei brocht

and our own daughters , through that V Vle(ov vile or evil ?)tradition , from (them) to we brought................so if brocht is brought.........then on page 1

thet thrittich jer aftere dei that thiv folksmoder umbrocht was thruch there vreste magy etc

the thirtieth year after the day the folsmoder was taken was through the first magy etc.

if brocht is brought , then um(un)brocht is likely to be not brought , and so taken ,.....why is it necessarily murdered ??

Edited by NO-ID-EA

on page 2 ......and hiara ajne toghatera thruch that wle farbild fon-a wei brocht

and our own daughters , through that V Vle(ov vile or evil ?)tradition , from (them) to we brought................so if brocht is brought.........then on page 1

thet thrittich jer aftere dei that thiv folksmoder umbrocht was thruch there vreste magy etc

the thirtieth year after the day the folsmoder was taken was through the first magy etc.

if brocht is brought , then um(un)brocht is likely to be not brought , and so taken ,.....why is it necessarily murdered ??

Because that is what it means : Frisian: ombrocht, Dutch: om(ge)bracht,...killed, murdered.

+++

EDIT:

VVLE = vuile = dirty

Edited by Abramelin

Thats a pretty good answer then...............i was just thinking that she then talks about the people over the wr-sara making people their slaves , and so that is why wr-alda has let them be made slaves ,and thought it might mean she was taken as a slave .

so was it the Magiara that were being used as slaves , and they rebelled against the people on the other side of the river because of it . ???thats what it sounds like to me .

Edited by NO-ID-EA

Anfang a sacred word? But it is used elsewhere in the OLB for common things.

"God = WR.ALDA = T.ANFANG (the origin or beginning) = T.BIJIN = the utter start"

Why add 'utter'? If you want to stay as close as possible to the text, you should leave out 'utter'.

T BIJIN means nothing else but the Beginning. And that word, like the Dutch Begin is closest to the original.

EDIT:

For some unknown reason some quotes show up 2 times...

"Wralda is the origin or beginning."

Seems so simple.

As I said a few posts back I now don't think Atland has to be in India in the heart of Findasland.

This is why many people don't have it there.

The heart of Findasland is the Himalayas.

The Finns come from Aldland.

No where can I find anything that Aldland is in the heart of Findasland.

Trying to strain my brain to think of the etymology of anfang. Google's not being much help.

Coming up with a similar sounding word, infant. "child during earliest period of life"

Infant apparently comes from Latin, meaning 'no speak' - = Fryan 'touch' ? maybe. Going to conception also, origin, beginning - to me the words seem the same root as what infant would be.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=infant

Trying to strain my brain to think of the etymology of anfang. Google's not being much help.

Coming up with a similar sounding word, infant. "child during earliest period of life"

Infant apparently comes from Latin, meaning 'no speak' - = Fryan 'touch' ? maybe. Going to conception also, origin, beginning - to me the words seem the same root as what infant would be.

http://www.etymonlin...php?term=infant

I am sticking to thinking of it like the universe is the sea , its all calm and unmoving , stagnant , along comes go(o)d and throws a rock in , ( thats Anfang ) the thrower then does not have to have any more input .......... but the sea is now moving in ripples , which cause waves , and foam , its no longer stagnant , life starts to (Bijin)

two beginnings ,the movement of the sea creates the life, but before that the throwing of the rock , which on its own , thrown on a mountain could not produce life , and nor could the sea whilst it was stagnant.

I am sticking to thinking of it like the universe is the sea , its all calm and unmoving , stagnant , along comes go(o)d and throws a rock in , ( thats Anfang ) the thrower then does not have to have any more input .......... but the sea is now moving in ripples , which cause waves , and foam , its no longer stagnant , life starts to (Bijin)

two beginnings ,the movement of the sea creates the life, but before that the throwing of the rock , which on its own , thrown on a mountain could not produce life , and nor could the sea whilst it was stagnant.

Nice, I am thinking lots of things along that line too but looking for a word that might give me the correct etymology is really what I'm after.

Anfang should sound like another word and meaning so to trace the etymology and I think infant might be it.

Edited by The Puzzler

As I said a few posts back I now don't think Atland has to be in India in the heart of Findasland.

This is why many people don't have it there.

The heart of Findasland is the Himalayas.

The Finns come from Aldland.

No where can I find anything that Aldland is in the heart of Findasland.

"The Finns come from Aldland." No, the Findas come from Aldland.

-1- According to the OLB the "Hindoo" claimed that Finda came from near the Himalaya.

-2- Aldland was the homeland of the Finda.

-3- After Aldland submerged, the Finda came from the east

-4- Hindu - Finda - Bovinda

The only thing against it is Inka going to the west to find remnants of Aldland, while Teunis goes to the east to enter the Middle Sea.

+++

EDIT:

It should be Govinda:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govinda

"protector of cows"

Edited by Abramelin

http://www.etymonlin...php?term=infant

"Vang" is the stem of the verb "vangen", which means 'to catch', 'to take', 'to capture'

"Ane" is the prefix of "aanvang", "aenvanc" "anevanc", and it's a adverb

Aanvang(en) and all it's alternative spellings: short meaning: seizure, to take something into possession

The meaning 'to begin' is possibly strengthened under the influence of German.

http://www.etymologiebank.nl/trefwoord/aanvang

http://gtb.inl.nl/iWDB/search?actie=article&wdb=VMNW&id=ID7403

-1- According to the OLB the "Hindoo" claimed that Finda came from near the Himalaya.

The only thing against it is Inka going to the west to find remnants of Aldland, while Teunis goes to the east to enter the Middle Sea.

The Findas folk come from Aldland yes.

Translated as Finns, ok we'll ignore that - the Findas folk then.

Findas folk would live anywhere beyond Twiskland and if this is Germany, it's a long way from India. The ones they called Finns, who were a kind of Findas folk but not connected to the name, do not have had to come from the heart of Findasland - because Findasland starts at Twiskland - even though the heart is in India.

The East Sea is the Baltic, they may have come in from direction, to get to the back of Schoonland, you'd have to come through Finland, after they got in disputes in the back of Twiskland, so nothing indicates there either that they had to come from any further East than that area.

The priests who persecuted the Hindoos - they came from another country. They are not from the heart of Findasland, the Hindoos are. Hindoos could be connected to Finda but that means nothing here.

The Finns and Magyar are classed as 2 separate people, that joined up, even though they both seem to be Findas folk, this does not mean imo that they have to come from India, since they start beyond Twiskland.

As I have said a couple of times in the past, many people having read the OLB assume that Doggerland, the bottom of the North Sea when it was dry, was Aldland.

But that can only be true - following the story about Inka - if the Middle Sea is somewhere east of Doggerland/Dogger Island.

I haven't read "The Other Atlantis" by Robert J. Scrutton (about the OLB), so I don't know how he came to this conclusion.

"Vang" is the stem of the verb "vangen", which means 'to catch', 'to take', 'to capture'

"Ane" is the prefix of "aanvang", "aenvanc" "anevanc", and it's a adverb

Aanvang(en) and all it's alternative spellings: short meaning: seizure, to take something into possession

The meaning 'to begin' is possibly strengthened under the influence of German.

http://www.etymologi...efwoord/aanvang

http://gtb.inl.nl/iW...=VMNW&id=ID7403

Thank you.

The Finns and Magyar are classed as 2 separate people, that joined up, even though they both seem to be Findas folk, this does not mean imo that they have to come from India, since they start beyond Twiskland.

Actually that is not true: there was a people that had no name (the Fryans called them Finns) and whose priests were called Magiar, amd the capo di capi was called Magi.

Sandbach:

Among the Hindoos and others out of these countries there are people who meet together secretly. They believe that they are pure children of Finda, and that Finda was born in the Himmellaia mountains, whence she went with her children to the lowlands. Some of them believe that she, with her children, floated down upon the foam of the Ganges, and that that is the reason why the river is called the Sacred Ganges.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#bx

I'd define it then as the moment of conception, the second the sperm 'touches' or 'seizes' the egg literally - the absolute origin - the moment a seed sprouts and roots grab the soil, that is it's life beginnings. Tree roots have a major role in mythology too.

What was interesting was the word 'oder' appeared in the Frisian dictionary link I gave to the 'conception' form of anfang.

I also see this as same, which explains the word OD maybe better - Wraldas touch = the spark of life

Actually that is not true: there was a people that had no name (the Fryans called them Finns) and whose priests were called Magiar, amd the capo di capi was called Magi.

That people (from the East) was driven by another (people) - sounds like 2 lots of people to me. Then they may have merged in Twiskland, one lot came north, one lot went somewhere else...a mix of the 2 peoples, ones from the East and ones who were driving them West. How far East though is my question did they come? Nothing says they had to come from India. The Baltic Sea is called the East Sea, they may have only come from this area...?

One hundred and one years after the submersion of Aldland a people came out of the East. That people was driven by another. Behind us, in Twiskland (Germany), they fell into disputes, divided into two parties, and each went its own way. Of the one no account has come to us, but the other came in the back of our Schoonland, which was thinly inhabited, particularly the upper part. Therefore they were able to take possession of it without contest, and as they did no other harm, we would not make war about it.

That people (from the East) was driven by another (people) - sounds like 2 lots of people to me. Then they may have merged in Twiskland, one lot came north, one lot went somewhere else...a mix of the 2 peoples, ones from the East and ones who were driving them West. How far East though is my question did they come? Nothing says they had to come from India. The Baltic Sea is called the East Sea, they may have only come from this area...?

One hundred and one years after the submersion of Aldland a people came out of the East. That people was driven by another. Behind us, in Twiskland (Germany), they fell into disputes, divided into two parties, and each went its own way. Of the one no account has come to us, but the other came in the back of our Schoonland, which was thinly inhabited, particularly the upper part. Therefore they were able to take possession of it without contest, and as they did no other harm, we would not make war about it.

Then you'll have to quote the rest too:

That people was driven by another. Behind us, in Twiskland, they fell into disputes, divided into two parties, and each went its own way. Of the one no account has come to us, but the other came in the back of our Schoonland, which was thinly inhabited, particularly the upper part. Therefore they were able to take possession of it without contest, and as they did no other harm, we would not make war about it. Now that we have learned to know them, we will describe their customs, and after that how matters went between us. They were not wild people, like most of Finda’s race; but, like the Egyptians, they have priests and also statues in their churches. The priests are the only rulers; they call themselves Magyars, and their headman Magy. He is high priest and king in one. The rest of the people are of no account, and in subjection to them. This people have not even a name; but we call them Finns,

Sandbach:

Among the Hindoos and others out of these countries there are people who meet together secretly. They believe that they are pure children of Finda, and that Finda was born in the Himmellaia mountains, whence she went with her children to the lowlands. Some of them believe that she, with her children, floated down upon the foam of the Ganges, and that that is the reason why the river is called the Sacred Ganges.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#bx

I agree and do not dispute that. That is the Hindoos. They are pure children of Finda from Findas heartland.

This does not make this area Aldland.

Findas folk can come through Twiskland - Findas folk must live as close as the other side of Twiskland even though Findas folk heartland is in the Himmellaia.

on the other side we were hedged in by the broad Twiskland (Tusschenland, Duitschland), through which the Finda people dared not come on account of the thick forests and the wild beasts.

I agree and do not dispute that. That is the Hindoos. They are pure children of Finda from Findas heartland.

This does not make this area Aldland.

Findas folk can come through Twiskland - Findas folk must live as close as the other side of Twiskland even though Findas folk heartland is in the Himmellaia.

on the other side we were hedged in by the broad Twiskland (Tusschenland, Duitschland), through which the Finda people dared not come on account of the thick forests and the wild beasts.

They had a 100 years time to travel from near the Himalaya to Twiskland, after their land submerged.

Now suppose this Aldland was located in the Atlantic, how would these Findas end up near the Himalaya? First they had to travel/sail around Africa, and then all the way to the Indus Valley, and then onwards to the Himalaya.

That sounds even more improbable.

Edited by Abramelin