Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

I would be grateful, if you would send me additional information, e.g. texts of articles in the Leeuwarder Courant, letters by COdL, etc. in Dutch language.

Virtually all that might be of interest to you, was posted on Fryskednis.

Here are some dutch newspaper articles that you may not have yet:

kranten 1871

kranten 1872-1875

kranten 1912

kranten 1933-1934

Thank you. I have the newspapers, most of them from the Leeuwarder Courant and the Helderse Courant , but they have not yet been digitized. I will do this work as soon as all letters have been digitized. By the way, you have a fine collection.

• Like 1

Brand new discovery:

ANFANGA = αναφαινω

In the following eleven fragments, I have translated ANFANG(A) with (to) start, but as I will reveal below, more poetic translations are possible.

1 [006/13]

WR.ALDA [...] MAKADE T.ANFANG

Wralda [...] made the start

2 [014/24]

ALLE THINGA THÉR MÀN ANFANGJA WIL

All things that one will start

3 [045/10]

THÀT FORMA SINNE BILD WR.ALDA.S.

AK FON T.ANFANG JEFTHA T.BIJIN WÉRUT TID KÉM

The first symbol of Wralda,

also of the start or beginning from which time/tide came

4 [067/07]

NV KÉM.T.ANFANG FON THÀT ENDE

Now the start of the end came

5 [084/07]

THÉRNÉI SKIL THET MORNERÁD WITHER ANFANGA TO GLORA

Thereafter, morningred shall again start to glimmer

6 [098/20]

FONUT WR.ALDA KVMTH.T.ANFANG ÀNDET ENDE

Out of Wralda comes the start and the end

7 [103/07]

BY T.ANFANG MIN ÀND BLÁT

At the start small and naked

8 [115/22]

BY T.ANFANG THERE ARNE MONATH

At the start of the Arnemonth

9 [141/11]

THA ÉWA THÉR WR.ALDA BI.T.ANFANG IN VS MOD LÉIDE

The laws that Wralda at the start laid in our mood

10 [141/19]

ALTHAM SKIL ANFANGA

FJUWER THUSAND JÉR NÉI ÁT.LAND SVNKEN IS

All that shall start

fourthousand years after Átland was sunken

11 [204/28]

BI T.ANFANG WÉRON HJA REINTJA NÍDICH

At the start they were jealous (needy) of Reintja

T.ANFANG (noun) - 1,3,4,6,7,8,9,11

ANFANGA (verb) - 5,10

ANFANGJA (verb) - 2

===

Noun:

anfang - german

aanvang - dutch

anevanc, aenvanc, anvanc - middledutch

Verb:

anfangen - german

aanvangen - dutch

anevaen, aanvanghen - middledutch

anafáhan - oldgerman

onfá - oldfrisian

oanfange - frisian

onfón - oldenglish

The online Dutch etymology bible does not make the link yet with the Oldreek word αναφαινω (anafaino).

According to my dictionary, this can mean:

ignite, let shine, bring to light, reveal, inform

(laten lichten, laten schitteren, aan 't licht brengen, openbaren, meedelen)

That a link is evident is even more obvious from this Greek-German dictionary (1786):

establish, explain, demonstrate, reveal, come to the fore, begin

(aufstellen, darlegen, zur Schau bringen, bekant machen, zum Vorschein kommen, beginnen)

It was here and there assumed that "templum quod Tanfanae vocabant" from Tacitus Annales, referred to a goddess-temple, but the text really does not say so (see below).

Therefore, it may very well have been a temple where T.ANFANG was celebrated.

===

About the closest word i can find to Anfang used in the Lawaman Brut is on-feng, if T is just short for The , without aspiration it would be NFNG the same as Anfang ?

Eg:..1...thar com Eneas , & grette then alde king , & he hine feire onfeng , mid allen his folke.

then came Aeneas, and greeted the old king, and treated him courteously, with all his folk.

2.& makedon hine Duke , & heora monredne , mid monscipe onfeng ,

and made him Duke ,and he their homage , with honour received .

3.i laeden mid me seolven, thar Brutus bi-feng , all that him bi-foren was .

i lead him myself , there Brutus took possesion of all that was before him .

there are a few other examples where it usually seems to be used for recieved , or possesion of something , (but may be different word , not sure ?)

another interesting use of a phrase close to OLB ,

tha wepmen weren iwaxen , tha wimen wel ithowene , & heore nutene neotsume weren.......which Lawerman translated as :-

the men had increased , thge women were thriving , and the (he is not sure himself on nutene , he gives possibilities of horde,herds, cattle, families, tribes)were abundant.

Edited by NO-ID-EA

On a general note, Noidea, can you make your quotes shorter? You can just leave the one or few lines that are relevant.

... & he hine feire onfeng...

... and treated him courteously...

I think this should be:

... and he received him fairly...

ontvangen - dutch

empfangen - german

antfán - olddutch

undfá - oldfrisian

ontvaen, ontfane - middledutch

receive, accept, become pregnant, etc. - english

recevoir - french

another interesting use of a phrase close to OLB ,

... & heore nutene neotsume weren...

... and the (horde, herds, cattle, families, tribes?) were abundant.

I'd think:

... and their needs/ utilities/ requisites were sufficient...

nut, nood, benodigdheid - dutch

noodzaam, genoegzaam - dutch

Some other ways to use it: undertake = start

Verb

onfōn (strong class VII) (+ dative/accusative) (class VII strong: third-person sg present onfēhþ, third-person sg preterite onfēng, preterite plural onfēngon, past participle onfangen)

1. to receive, accept
  2. to take
  3. to perceive, catch on to
  4. to undertake, undergo

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/onfon

I agree, 'received him fairly'.

On a general note, Noidea, can you make your quotes shorter? You can just leave the one or few lines that are relevant.

Ok will try to remember... on another site i visit , they get annoyed if you strike out much of a previous post you are replying to, as they complain what they posted loses it's context, but if you dont mind.......fair enough

I think this should be:

... and he received him fairly...

On reading a couple of the other mentions of on-feng , i think you are right the translations given could be substituted for a word related to receive , possesions or a gift received or accepted and still make sense in context..............perhaps this is how it is used in OLB anfang (next to bijin and Wr-Alda)...... that the creator(Wr-Alda) created the world in the beginning(Bijin) and gave it to us as a gift and we became the receivers(Anfang) of it.

Edited by NO-ID-EA

Some other ways to use it: undertake = start

Verb

onfōn (strong class VII) (+ dative/accusative) (class VII strong: third-person sg present onfēhþ, third-person sg preterite onfēng, preterite plural onfēngon, past participle onfangen)

1. to receive, accept
  2. to take
  3. to perceive, catch on to
  4. to undertake, undergo

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/onfon

I agree, 'received him fairly'.

What crosses my mind is the wonderfull connection of "anfang" and ontvangst

- begin, aanvang

- ontvangst, bijeenkomst (reception)

Reception is place and time (ontvangst) when people come together (bijeen, bijin) and forms the begin of.

Edited by Van Gorp

Possible knowhow...

Via the word 'bejegenen'.

Meaning to treat each other, come toowards.

Those begijnen, what is their story?

Ok, back to anfang

I thought of something else.

In the word anfang is vang meaning to grab, or enclose something or somebody.

Hug and make love i would say.

Wiegen. William is Bill, so wiegen-ing is the biegening.

And not to be rude, but wang (cheek) is said to come from wankel.

Curbed, not stable, choccy. Wenk wenk

Those begijnen, what is their story?

Indeed, I think they got their name from Fryan "BIJIN".

wikipedia/Beguines_and_Beghards

bethel543.jpg

beguine - english

begijn - dutch

begine - german, frisian

begien - limburgian

béguine - french

begínur - icelandic

beginer - swedish, norwegian

beguinas - spanish, portuguese

beghine - italian

... etcetera

The etymology of this word is not clear.

etymologiebank/begijn

I suggest that, like Tanfana may have come from T.ANFANG (origin), Begine may have its origin in T.BIJIN (the beginning).

They may have been named after a lost 'religious' group, because they were in a way a continuation of it.

No evidence, just suggesting the possibility.

OLB p. 45

... THI TÉKNA FON THAT JOL.

THAT IS THAT FORMA SINNE BILD WR.ALDA.S.

AK FON T.ANFANG JEFTHA T.BIJIN

WÉRUT TID KÉM

Ottema p.65

... de teekens van het Juul,

dat is het eerste zinnebeeld van Wralda,

ook van den aanvang of het begin,

waaruit de Tijd is voortgekomen

Sandbach p.65

... the signs of the Juul

—that is, the first symbol of Wr-alda,

also of the origin or beginning

from which Time is derived

Wirth p.44

die Zeichen des Juls.

Das ist das älteste Sinnbild Wraldas,

auch von dem Anfang oder dem Beginne,

woraus die Zeit kam

What crosses my mind is the wonderfull connection of "anfang" and ontvangst

- begin, aanvang

- ontvangst, bijeenkomst (reception)

Reception is place and time (ontvangst) when people come together (bijeen, bijin) and forms the begin of.

anfang is not ontvangst, bijin is not bijeen. Bijin is not begijn.

Edited by Knul

Indeed, I think they got their name from Fryan "BIJIN".

thnx for the reference and nice movie you made.

around bijin, begin and begijnen i cant stop to think also in a way at the bee's.

Biejen in dialect. hardworking like the bees, bezige bij

and a bes (bezeke) is a vrucht, bezie-en, begijnen en trezebezekes

but knull made me think twice with his well intended encouragements:

bijin is of course not bij-een, it is simple as it is stated

bij-in: bij het in gaan van, bad translation could be at the start of.

start is like stort is T HORT, sudden movement (horten en stoten)

and for the start button, the unmoved mover is to blame i think

what this all has to do with anfang and ontvang, i have an idea

but will reply on knull, as he is seemingly touched by the beauty and wonders of our language

• Like 1

anfang is not ontvangst, bijin is not bijeen. Bijin is not begijn.

step by step menno.

vang (catch) is there in both words: aan-vang and ont-vang-st

anfang and onfang are in root the same. see http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/onfang

when we say 'aan' it actually is the 'oan' in dialect. and that is the real spoken language of old days, not the cleaned up writen version where we think that aanvang and ontvangst is not the same just because it is written and used differently for more specific occasions (habit, consensus over time).

aan uit aan uit ...

on off on off

and the meaning of vang, wang for reception is clear. where do you catch the kiss?

on the parchoque yes, does not hurt though

fang is vang

vang is vvang

-ng can be spoken as -nk, so the ank is not far.

• Like 1

CAUTION

OLB-believers are dangerous!

"Its mythologic-religious character makes the book loved by some loners, whose belief in secret conspiracies entices them to commit (suicide) attacks." (my translation)

Original dutch text:

"Het mythologisch-religieuze karakter maakt het boek eveneens geliefd bij sommige einzelgängers, wier geloof in geheime samenzweringen hen tot (zelfmoord)aanslagen verleidt."

Source: "Bedrog, bijgeloof en zelfmoord in Friesland" (Deceit, superstition and suicide in Friesland) in Eos Magazine (sept. 2011), by penny-a-liner Chris Reinewald.

I asked the scribbler for a source and if he knew an example of such an attack. He answered that he had promised his anonymous source to not reveil any details in order to protect him/her.

If such an attack has taken place, it was apparently not reported. Why would such a thing be kept a secret to the public?

dyn007_original_600_867_pjpeg_3393_4eba2c6da2eb36fba7cd6f7c107fed14.2.jpg

(Reinewald forgot to mention that OLB-adepts are also barbaric heretics, witches, quacks, fascist anti-semites, autistic schizofrenic psychopaths and perverted pedophiles.)

What are the chances that our attempts to understand the name Odin and Wr-Alda have been too complicated, and there is a straightforward reason for the name which we may have overlooked thus far ??

We have talked about , at certain times of the archaeological finds that suggest that the phoenicians were at one time quite probably resident in the North West ,Scandinavia , either as migrants , as rulers, or possibly just as a foreign colony set up for international trading , we have also mentioned different reports of them mining in places like Gades (Cadiz) and possibly either mining themselves , or just trading in tin around Bruttain (Britain )

If they did come then the likelyhood is they also brought their religion and language .........Historically many rulers from the East have had names like Saladin (Sala-ad-din)......Great Sultan Ghiyas Od-Din, and Muiz Ud-Din , Ala-Ud-Din Khiliji , Jalal Ad-Din Firuz... Etc.

Ad-Din in arabic means "Religion" , Al-Ad-Din ( as in he of the Genie and the lamp) means "The religion", and Din on its own has at times been said to mean "Faith"

ok we do not have Ad-Din , we have Od-Din, but they go on to say :- The Arabic spelling corresponds to the letters "A-L-D-I-N" this is because the l just means a longer d so you can use two d's or insert an l , and delete a d (thats what it says ????)(anything to do with WR-A-L-D-A ??)

"The initial A is unstressed as is the i , and so can be transliterated with the use of any vowel , and so gets used as el-din / eldin / Eddin / Al-Din /Od-Din / Oddin / Ud-Din / Uddin..... so all these words can be used as "The religion or The Faith" some translate it as "the Righteous Way or The Righteous Path "

The letter "O" has also been explained at times as a depiction/heiroglyph of a hole , and has also been used as a sign for "Holy" which could make Oddin mean the Holy Faith etc.

other spin offs that mean the same thing :- Uddeen, Eddine, Ettin , Ottin (Both these last two used mostly in Turkish ) ( reminds me that if any vowels can be used "Otto"

of the Ottoman Empire , and German/Austrian use may have come from Ad-Din and Od-Din )......Od-din apparently it says is used most often in Persian names .

In this way Baha'al-din means Baha religion........Isma-Ud-Din means Religion of Ishmael , it says Islam-Id-Din means "Islamic way of Life , .apparently reforming Islamists say that Ad-Din means " a way of life " much as the Indians say Dharma is not a religion as such , but a" way of life" .or "mans path for redemption"

Shari'a is supposed to be Gods word on the correct Path, and Ad-Din is mans following of that path.

The opening chapter of the Quran calls Allah (God) " Maliki Yawmi ALD-DAeni (my capitals) meaning "Master of the day of Judgement"

so what do you think ...could both the name Odin and Wr-alda have come from the phoenicians or at least from Arabic.......remember that thread that came up on UM about a Northern King ( may have been Knut... but cant find the thread anymore.....where he minted his coins in Arabic ???? and Kalta of the Calip (something wrong with her mouth ) could she/he wrongly have been translated but was a Caliph(not calip ?) ?...........Could what they dont want to come out , is that at one time Scandinavia , Britain/Ireland were ruled by Easterners , of Allah religion.......have all those "alle"'s and elle's in the original been changed from alla (allah ?????)

Side notes:- Anfal means spoils of war ( possesions ?) in Arabic ........A talking Ass was mentioned in the bible as a God ( i think Baal or Balaam ?) AS in Arabic is an acronym for Alayhi s-salam ( you are not allowed to call the name of God - so you say) Alayhi s-salam....... (peace be on him)in place of his name.

n and m seem to be two more letters that can be swopped to mean the same thing , makes me think that just as a long u could become "double u", so a required use of a long n would become "double n" or m.

In a book i am currently reading about Irish Origins , The Lebor na Cert , which is a list of Tribute/Rent/that a people escaping a war who had been at sea for 7 years had to pay the Irish/British to live in their land, which had become devoid of population due " to the waves which washed the land clean of people " on page 120. It says each Bard/Poet had to learn the revenues and burdens as well as the exemptions that the new incomers had to pay in rent and tithe of each portion and from each tribe on every territory he visited ( sounds like Bards , could also have been Tax collectors ??) to live in the land ..........and goes on "Only then is the Bard a learned Historian, when he has studied the zealous deeds of the proud Eber(Hebrews?)......so hebrews were the incomers ?

Edited by NO-ID-EA
  • Like 1

So you think the Icelanders got their name for the land from our Statenbijbel?

No, I think it is their translation (and very similar to the Dutch word) for the original (or Greek)name of Egypt.

The screaming silence from the paper research group can hardly mean anything else, than that they are not getting the results they want.

As I argued before, they should not have pre-assumed that the paper has to be from the 19th century.

They did this because two random paper makers said so in 1876 (one of whom had never even seen 13th century paper).

They completely ignored dr. Ottema's remarks to that so-called investigation.

They can't get their results straight, because they have excluded beforehand the possibility, that the paper is what the first page says it is; foreign 13th century (or older) paper.

Here are some random samples of 13th century Arab paper. (Source: www.islamicmanuscripts.info)

Doesn´t look much older than that of the OLB, does it?

1. copied in or before 1247 CE; "Al-Risala al-Qushayriyya"

1_1247.jpg

2. copied 1233 CE; "al-Durar wal-Ghurar"

2_1233.jpg

3. copied in or before 1271 CE; "Kitab Makarim al-Akhlaq"

3_1271.jpg

4. copied 1275 CE; "al-Risala al-Adhawiyya"

4_1275.jpg

OLB-paper (copied 1256 CE):

okkeminsun.jpg

Edited by gestur