Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

OK, it says it there but I don't think the Jul wheel says it.

It clearly says what it is and so does the text in explaining that part, he's the origin OR the beginning. You'd have to have bejin as meaning the word end and it's clearly not. It would say beginning OR end....?

It makes sense to me as is best. Simply using a synonym.

No, of course the Yule wheels don't say that, lol. That's what I have been saying all along. That's why I made that other sequence of wheels to show what I think it should have been: WRALDA - TBIJIN - ETENDE.

Al hwat wi fon him sja müge send tha skepsela thêr thrvch sin lèva kvme aend wither henne ga, hwand inut Wr.alda kvmath alle thinga aend kêrath alle thinga.

Fon ut Wralda kvmth t anfang aend et ende, alra thinga gêith in im vppa. Wr.alda is thet êne ella machtige wêsa, hwand alle ôre macht is fon him lênad aend kêrath to him wither.

All that we can see of him are the created beings who come to life through him and go again, because from Wr-alda all things proceed and return to him.

From Wr-alda comes the beginning and the end. Wr-alda is the only almighty being, because from him all other strength comes, and returns to him.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#bk

So the words they used, WR-ALDA T-ANFANG T-BIJIN do indeed make no sense.

For who has any imagination, it does.

From creation myth:

"Wralda, that/who alone is perfect and eternal, made the ANFANG. After that came TID (time)."

So ANFANG is older than time.

Beginning (BIJIN) may be a more profane word.

Knul made a good point: to use two words with a similar meaning, one can make the concept stronger ("very beginning").

For who has any imagination, it does.

From creation myth:

"Wralda, that/who alone is perfect and eternal, made the ANFANG. After that came TID (time)."

So ANFANG is older than time.

Beginning (BIJIN) may be a more profane word.

Knul made a good point: to use two words with a similar meaning, one can make the concept stronger ("very beginning").

"The Titanic was a vessel, or ship".It still doesn't mean a 'very ship'.

Of course ANFANG is older than time, it's the BEGINNING of time.

No, of course the Yule wheels don't say that, lol. That's what I have been saying all along. That's why I made that other sequence of wheels to show what I think it should have been: WRALDA - TBIJIN - ETENDE.

Al hwat wi fon him sja müge send tha skepsela thêr thrvch sin lèva kvme aend wither henne ga, hwand inut Wr.alda kvmath alle thinga aend kêrath alle thinga.

Fon ut Wralda kvmth t anfang aend et ende, alra thinga gêith in im vppa. Wr.alda is thet êne ella machtige wêsa, hwand alle ôre macht is fon him lênad aend kêrath to him wither.

All that we can see of him are the created beings who come to life through him and go again, because from Wr-alda all things proceed and return to him.

From Wr-alda comes the beginning and the end. Wr-alda is the only almighty being, because from him all other strength comes, and returns to him.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#bk

OK, well I'm finding it all a bit pointless, I take it as what I see, I don't think Ottema or Sandbach changed it or made an error in translation. I think the book should say many things too but it doesn't. That's what makes it such an enigma.

Edited by The Puzzler

OK, well I'm finding it all a bit pointless, I take it as what I see, I don't think Ottema or Sandbach changed it or made an error in translation. I think the book should say many things too but it doesn't. That's what makes it such an enigma.

I am not saying Ottema or Sandbach changed it. I am saying someone (but neither of them) did not want to leave an obvious link to the Bible in those 3 Yule wheels.

However, it was indeed Ottema who changed Jes-us into Jessos in his translation.

You can wonder why....

He himself said we should not mistake Jes-us for Jesus. So what to do? Just give the guy another name.

Edited by Abramelin

It appears to me the area of Lake Baikal is where the Magyar came from and this is core shamanic territory. The Finns probably joined them closer to Europe and are different people, possibly uprooted from an upheaval in another area but joined up, with the leaders being shamanic magy men priests and the rest being a population of above said. The mix creates the unusual genetics in Finns today, the N imo, is only from the influx of the people from Lake Baikal, who mixed their lineage into the Finns and led the shamanic rites all throughout Lapland and the Sami.

The people who look Mongolian imo are descended from shamanic lines from the Baikal area, the more Nordic Sami and Finns imo have mixed more with Swedish, Danish, (Fryan) and generally Nordic types. This imo accounts as I said for the complex dna of the Finns and Sami, cormac can correct me if he sees I am wrong on that.

The OLB tells us this and imo it fits GENERALLY, knowing the basic genetics of the Sami and Finns it's certainly more complex than that but again GENERALLY I believe the scenario can fit well enough.

Just because the heartland of Finda is the Ganges area and Kasamyr/Himalayas, this does not mean that alone is Aldland.

Here are the mentions:

In early times almost all the Finns lived together in their native land, which was called Aldland, and is now submerged. They were thus far away, and we had no wars. When they were driven hitherwards, and appeared as robbers, then arose the necessity of defending ourselves, and we had armies, kings, and wars.

Sixteen hundred years ago (she writes, 593 B.C.), Atland was submerged; and at that time something happened which nobody had reckoned upon. In the heart of Findasland, upon a mountain, lies a plain called Kasamyr (Cashmere) that is "extraordinary."

One hundred and one years after the submersion of Aldland a people came out of the East. That people was driven by another. Behind us, in Twiskland (Germany), they fell into disputes, divided into two parties, and each went its own way. Of the one no account has come to us, but the other came in the back of our Schoonland, which was thinly inhabited, particularly the upper part.

The Finns had lived in Aldland, which was submerged. It was far away.

One hundred years after Aldland submerged 2 people came out of the East.

The Finns are not named after Finda.

No where is it said that the heart of Findasland is Aldland imo. (Unless I've missed it).

I am not saying Ottema or Sandbach changed it. I am saying someone (but neither of them) did not want to leave an obvious link to the Bible in those 3 Yule wheels.

However, it was indeed Ottema who changed Jes-us into Jessos in his translation.

You can wonder why....

He himself said we should not mistake Jes-us for Jesus. So what to do? Just give the guy another name.

Maybe that part was too much of a mind-bender. Maybe Jes-us/Jessos and Krishna are not Jesus and the person in mention is actually Buddha considering the time frame. Jesus may have eventually practised the same teachings.

Maybe that part was too much of a mind-bender. Maybe Jes-us/Jessos and Krishna are not Jesus and the person in mention is actually Buddha considering the time frame. Jesus may have eventually practised the same teachings.

If Ottema had read Volney's "Les Ruines", he would have loved to change more than just Jes-us.

Volney mentions Yes-us, Chris-en, Buddha and Fot. The OLB mentions Jes-us, Kris-en, Buda and Fo.

Fot is nothing but the East Asian name for Buddha, but if you hear/read the name like a Frenchman would, it means 'fault' or 'false'.Just like in the OLB.

To me it's either a(nother) practical joke, or the one reading Volney's book actually thought that Fo/Fot meant 'false'.

+++

EDIT:

Actually, Volney doesn't say Buddha, but Beddou.

http://oeralinda.blogspot.nl/search/label/7-%20The%20French%20Connection%20-1806%20AD

... and scroll down.

Edited by Abramelin

If Ottema had read Volney's "Les Ruines", he would have loved to change more than just Jes-us.

Volney mentions Yes-us, Chris-en, Buddha and Fot. The OLB mentions Jes-us, Kris-en, Buda and Fo.

Fot is nothing but the East Asian name for Buddha, but if you hear/read the name like a Frenchman would, it means 'fault' or 'false'.Just like in the OLB.

To me it's either a(nother) practical joke, or the one reading Volney's book actually thought that Fo/Fot meant 'false'.

+++

EDIT:

Actually, Volney doesn't say Buddha, but Beddou.

http://oeralinda.blo...ection -1806 AD

... and scroll down.

Yes, yes, I've seen the Volney stuff, I don't think he invented the names but they had meaning to him when he wrote them and were known names meaning it doesn't mean Volney wrote them first and where did he get his radical ideas from anyway.

Yes, yes, I've seen the Volney stuff, I don't think he invented the names but they had meaning to him when he wrote them and were known names meaning it doesn't mean Volney wrote them first and where did he get his radical ideas from anyway.

No, Volney didn't invent the names, these were known names. But he had his own explanation for them.

Fot was no one else but Buddha, and nothing to do with 'false'.

Chapter XXII

http://eremita.di.uminho.pt/gutenberg/1/3/9/1397/1397.txt

(Or chapter 22 in the link to his book on my blog)

And he didn't get his radical ideas from the OLB, if that's what you suggest. Because of that French 'translation' of the word Fo I am quite sure it was the other way round.

I can't really find much about the word Fo or Fot and right now I'm not overly into following that part up. Maybe later.

During the sinking of Aldland and the tumultuous times, the people on the shores of the Mediterranean were also suffering. The whole thing was worldwide, Atland could be anywhere.

In the part about Neef Teunis:

When Atland was submerged there was much suffering also on the shores of the Mediterranean, on which account many of Finda’s people, Krekalanders, and people from Lyda’s land, came to us. On the other hand, many of our people went to Lyda’s land. The result of all this was that the Krekalanders far and wide were lost to the superintendence of the mother.

"Im Anfang war das Wort" - Luther, Joh.1:1

(at the anfang was the word)

What word?

ANFANG

It was the first Wralda made, according to the creation myth.

For a Fryasborn, it would therefore be a sacred word, more than BIJIN.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

What word? Not beginning nor 'anfang'. '

You can wonder why....

Ottema did not change the text. Of course he doubted about a Jesus, who lived 500 years before his time.

Ottema did not change the text. Of course he doubted about a Jesus, who lived 500 years before his time.

I said he translated Jes-us into Jessos.

Faux:

You know the French expression, ""faux pas", or "false step", "misstep". Pronounced 'foh pah'

Budai (Chinese: 布袋; pinyin: Bùdài), or Hotei in Japanese,[1] Bố Đại in Vietnamese, is a Chinese folkloric deity. His name means "Cloth Sack," and comes from the bag that he is conventionally depicted as carrying. He is usually identified with (or as an incarnation of) Maitreya, so much so that the Budai image is one of the main forms in which Maitreya is depicted in East Asia. He is almost always shown smiling or laughing, hence his nickname in Chinese, the Laughing Buddha (Chinese: 笑佛). Many Westerners confuse Budai with Gautama Buddha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budai

And we know that the OLB BUDA means purse or sack.

buddha-golden.jpg

Volney:

The Lama was going on with his reading, when the Christians interrupted him, crying out that this was their own religion adulterated—that Fot was no other than Jesus himself disfigured, and that the Lamas were the Nestorians and the Manicheans disguised and bastardized.

-+-+-

. Of all the incarnations of this kind that God has hitherto taken, the greatest and most solemn was that in which he appeared thirty centuries ago in Kachemire, under the name of Fot or Beddou, to preach the doctrines of self-denial and self-annihilation."

Sin forme nôm wêre Jes-us, thach tha prestera thêr-im sêralik haeton hêton him Fo thaet is falx, thaet folk hête him Kris-en thaet is herder, aend sin Fryaske frjund hêta him Bûda, vmbe that hi in sin hâvad en skaet fon wisdom hêde aend in sin hirt en skaet fon ljavde.

His first name was Jes-us, but the priests, who hated him, called him Fo, that is, false; the people called him Kris-en, that is, shepherd; and his Frisian friend called him Buda, because he had in his head a treasure of wisdom, and in his heart a treasure of love.

Edited by Abramelin

Faux:

Sin forme nôm wêre Jes-us, thach tha prestera thêr-im sêralik haeton hêton him Fo thaet is falx, thaet folk hête him Kris-en thaet is herder, aend sin Fryaske frjund hêta him Bûda, vmbe that hi in sin hâvad en skaet fon wisdom hêde aend in sin hirt en skaet fon ljavde.

His first name was Jes-us, but the priests, who hated him, called him Fo, that is, false; the people called him Kris-en, that is, shepherd; and his Frisian friend called him Buda, because he had in his head a treasure of wisdom, and in his heart a treasure of love.

So the author of the OLB made an association between the name of Buddha and the Dutch word buidel = sack.

if we are thinking that some changes were made in the 19th c , maybe because of OBL looking too Bible like in places , anyone considered whether lots those alle's and

elle's could have actually said alla , and could have been changed because they were too koran like , i have never been very happy with lots of those e's ........i could be

imagining it but lots seem feinter than the rest of the word , and could possibly be a different hand

So the author of the OLB made an association between the name of Buddha and the Dutch word buidel = sack.

I think it's like this: many Westerners confuse Budai with Gautama Buddha. And Budai means cloth sack.

The OLB BUDA translates as purse or sack, which is very clear from the context (except in the burgh called BUDA)..

But nor in Old Frisian nor in Old Dutch, nor Old High German this word is used. Only in the hypothetical language Proto (or is it Pre-?) Germanic you have *budd-. All the rest use "b.d.l"

And because I don't think the Fryans were in contact with the ancient Chinese, someone made a mistake while writing the OLB, and assumed, from reading Volney's "Les Ruines" plus his faulty knowledge of the "Laughing Buddha", BUDAI, that BUDA meant sack, and used it throughout the OLB.

+++

EDIT:

The complete blunder (or was it intentional??) the writer of the OLB made by equating FO with "false" cannot be ignored.

Edited by Abramelin

In Tresoar page 4 , line 6 , under the letters in this line there is some colour , it looks like blue and orange , as if this line was illuminated at some time ???

have you already dicussed this , or have any explanation for it ? the letters also seem slightly smaller in this line.....weird

In Tresoar page 4 , line 6 , under the letters in this line there is some colour , it looks like blue and orange , as if this line was illuminated at some time ???

have you already discussed this , or have any explanation for it ? the letters also seem slightly smaller in this line.....weird

Very good observation, NO !

No, we haven't discussed this, but medieval ink should not discolor like that.

+++

EDIT:

The galls contain large amounts of tannic acid, which was used for making iron gall ink and for dyeing cloth.[3][8] According to recent research, traces of iron-gall ink have been found on the Dead Sea scrolls and on the 'lost' Gospel of Judas. Iron-gall ink may have been used for 1,800 years, but it does not withstand the test of time well. Over the course of centuries, the ink fades, and discolours and damages the paper.[19] Other water-proof formulae, better suited for writing on paper, became available in the 20th century. Iron gall ink is manufactured chiefly by artists enthusiastic about reviving old methods or possibly forgers of old documents.

A recipe for preparing the ink is as follows: Take one lb. of bruised galls, one gallon of boiling water, 5½ oz of ferrous sulfate in solution, 3 oz of gum arabic previously dissolved, and a few drops of an anti-septic, such as carbolic acid. Macerate the galls for 24 hours, strain the infusion and add the other ingredients.

British galls have too little tannic acid (about 17%) for the best results - Aleppo galls have three times as much

https://en.wikipedia...ak_marble_galls

Iron gall ink (also known as iron gall nut ink or oak gall ink) is a purple-black or brown-black ink made from iron salts and tannic acids from vegetable sources. It was the standard writing and drawing ink in Europe, from about the 5th century to the 19th century, and remained in use well into the 20th century.

The ink was generally prepared by adding some iron(II) sulfate (FeSO4) to a solution of tannic acid (C6H2(OH)3COOH), but any iron ion donor (e.g. nails, iron metal scraps, etc.) can be used. The gallotannic acid was usually extracted from oak galls (also known as "oak apples"), or galls of other trees; hence the name. Fermentation or hydrolysis of the extract releases tannic acid, which yields a darker black ink.

The fermented extract was combined with the ferrous iron(II) sulfate. After filtering, the resulting pale-gray solution had a binder added to it, (most commonly gum arabic) and was used to write on paper or vellum. A well-prepared ink would gradually darken to an intense purplish black. The resulting marks would adhere firmly to the vellum or parchment, and (unlike india ink or other formulas) could not be erased by rubbing or washing. The marks could only by erased by actually scraping a thin layer off the writing surface.

By mixing tannin with iron sulfate, a water soluble ferrous tannate complex is formed. Because of its solubility, the ink is able to penetrate the paper surface, making it difficult to erase. When exposed to oxygen a ferric tannate pigment is formed. This complex is not water-soluble, contributing to its permanence as a writing ink.[1]

The gradual darkening of the ink is due to the oxidation of the iron ions from ferrous (Fe2+) to ferric (Fe3+) state by atmospheric oxygen. (For that reason, the liquid ink had to be stored in a well-stoppered bottle, and often became unusable after a time.) The ferric ions react with the tannic acid or some derived compound (possibly gallic acid or pyrogallol) to form a polymeric organometallic compound.[citation needed] The specifics of the chemistry of iron gall ink can be found at realscience.com.[2]

While a very effective ink, the formula was less than ideal. Iron gall ink is acidic ranging from roughly equivalent to a lemon (pH ˜ 2) to that of a cup of black coffee (pH ˜ 5). In chemistry, pH is a measure of the activity of the (solvated) hydrogen ion, where a lower pH level indicates a more acidic solution. For this reason some makers of iron gall ink used crushed egg shells (which contain calcium carbonate (CaCO3)) to temper the ink solution acidity, bringing it closer to a neutral pH (pH = 7) value. Depending on the writing surface being used iron gall ink can have unsightly "ghost writing" on the obverse face of the writing surface (most commonly vellum or paper.) Also any excess of ferrous ions remaining in the ink over years, decades, and centuries, could create a rusty halo around the marks and ultimately it might eat holes through the surface it was on.

Paper has its own special problems with iron gall ink. The iron-tannic pigment did not make chemical bonds with the cellulose fibers. The ink stuck firmly to the paper, but largely by mechanical bonding; namely, the dried ink penetrated the spaces between the fibers and, after drying, became entangled in them. The process of decaying the writing surface is accelerated on paper when compared to vellum, doing the damage in decades or years that could take more than a millennium on vellum.

The acidity of iron gall ink is well known but it must also be observed that the case for the acidity of iron gall ink is somewhat overstated. There are several thousands of manuscripts, some of them well over 1,000 years old, with iron gall ink on them that have no damage or degradation whatsoever from the iron gall ink. This understanding however should not be taken to ignore the potential issues of documents that use iron gall ink for the writing.

The earliest recipes on how to make oak gall ink come from Pliny the Elder and are vague at best. Many famous and important manuscripts have been written using ferrous oak gall ink including the Codex Sinaiticus the oldest most complete Bible currently known to exist thought to be written in the middle of the fourth century.[3] Due to the ease of making iron gall ink and its quality of permanence and water resistance this ink became the favored ink for scribes in the European corridor as well as around the Mediterranean Sea. Surviving manuscripts from the Middle Ages as well as the Renaisance bear this out as the vast majority are written using iron gall ink the balance being written using lamp black or carbon black inks. Laws were enacted in Great Britain and France specifying the content iron gall ink for all royal and legal records to ensure permanence in this time period as well.

The popularity of iron gall ink traveled around the world during the colonization period and beyond. The United States Postal Service had its own official recipe that was to be used in all post office branches for the use of their customers. It was not until the invention of more chemically produced inks and writing fluids in the latter half of the 20th century that iron gall ink fell out of common use.

https://en.wikipedia...i/Iron_gall_ink

http://travelingscri.../iron-gall-ink/

http://www.friesgeno...n/olbottema.htm

Edited by Abramelin

Not sure it is from the ink ,,, if you look on the far right edge , near the tear , there is some orange colour , which is not near the ink ? is it my eyes or do the letters look smaller on this line ??

Ottema seems to find no problem with the ink.

To make the lines they used a thin piece of lead, a ruler, and a pair of compasses to mark the distances.

In old writings the ink is very black or brown; but while there has been more writing since the thirteenth century, the colour of the ink is often grey or yellowish, and sometimes quite pale, showing that it contains iron. All this affords convincing proof that the manuscript before us belongs to the middle of the thirteenth century, written with clear black letters between fine lines carefully traced with lead. The colour of the ink shows decidedly that it does not contain iron. By these evidences the date given, 1256, is satisfactorily proved, and it is impossible to assign any later date. Therefore all suspicion of modern deception vanishes.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/atl/olb/olb02.htm

Can someone give the Tresoar OLB website link please, I'm having trouble finding it.

Yes, that could be simple enough.

Can someone give the Tresoar OLB website link please, I'm having trouble finding it.

www.oeralindaboek.nl/boek/index.html

one good turn deserves another , could you tell me the link for the fris dictionary you mentioned the other day please puz.

Edited by NO-ID-EA