Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

Why authorities do not investigate this further? (...)

I wonder if what you say is true, which would be the consequences of a reversal in the official "consensus"? (...)

I believe you have a winner, regardless of what people say...

Thank you for your encouragement and important questions, Mario.

With my following videos, I will try to answer some of them.

Regards,

g.

La(gh)amons Brut or Chronicles of Britain.......begins on page one , explaining that he was a priest in a small church in Ernleze near Radestone in Englelonde, when he found a book which he read, and it came to his mind , and to his main thought , that he would of Englelonde and of the (royalty , nobles, princes ) write a book for the telling , what they were called , and where they came from to the Englelondes . so he travelled the londe far and wide seeking the books he wanted to consult to merge together in to one book he was going to write.he says he selected Three books

aerest Ahten , aefter than flode , the from drihtene com ,.............ther al her a-quelde ,...quic that he funde.

...?.........?........after the flood....,.that from the do right one came, that he destroyed all, life that he found

buten Noe & Sem , Japhet and Cham & heore four wifen , tha mid heom en archen.

except Noah , shem , Japhet and Ham & their four wives , with them on the Ark.

Laghamo gon lithen, wide yond thas leode........................ ,(1st book) & bi-won tha Aedela book tha he to bisne nom.( d in the Brut is the d with a cross ie.th

Laghamon went swiftly ? & widely in the land (or amongst the people ? ), & found the (Adelas book ?) or Aethalings(nobles )book ???....( bisne above ? the translator thinks means consult ??)(that he took to consult )

(2nd book)he nom tha Englisea bok , tha makade seint Beda,(3rd book) an other he nom on Latin , tha makad seinte Albin, & tha feire Austin the fulluht broute hider in.

he took the English book , saint Bede wrote , and another book in Latin, written by Saint Albin(Albinus ?)that the fair Austin that followed brought here ?

Could the book that peaked Laghermons interest in writing an English history have been a version of the book of Adela's followers , if so it is thought that Laghermon wrote his book in circ 1204 .. so it would have been a copy before it had to be copied onto new paper , and possibly when it was more complete ie; before it got wet / damaged in a flood .

also note some 100 - 200 years after laghamon wrote his another version was copied from his... it is almost word for word , but new updated spellings of some/most words are used ...........and in the newer version the two lines of the Laghamon book are left out.. they are :-

& bi-won tha aedela boc...... tha he to bisne nom.........why would they leave out these two lines . was it because they had not heard of Adela's book to which he was referring at that time.............or had Adela's book already been put on a blacklist Note also that he says he took a Latin book that Austin brought into the country , and an English book that Bede wrote , so does this clearly distinguish the third book as not being Roman , or English ... so poss a Northern Book ??........the result is that the later book , is now left with only two included books , whereas it earlier says Laghermon used three ?? interesting to ponder ???

Edited by NO-ID-EA
  • Like 1

Try this source too Gestur , there is a very good gramatical analysis of the changing language that may interest you after the prologue , and just before the verse starts at the beginning too

http://www.books.goo...epage&q&f=false

the critique seems to be saying that the V.Bede's book and the St.Albin books are the same book just in different languages, i think the wace book seems to be the one he read first , and possibly found in his home church that gave him the idea, but what is this aedela boc he mentions ??

So much for us in the west being near cave dwellers , here is a small village priest able to read French, Anglo-Saxon , Latin and whatever language the aedela book was written in .

Edited by NO-ID-EA
  • Like 1

Yes, I did:

Yes, I was.

First, the words bed and room are much older.

If the oldest accepted source which has the combination bed-room is from the 16th century (1580s), that does not mean that people didn't use the term much earlier in spoken language (or unaccepted sources).

I also argued that BED can originally have come from the verb BEDA, BEDEN ((aan-)bieden, bidden; to offer, pray).

The recurring misunderstanding is, that the oldest written source proves how old a word is at least, not at most.

No, you didn't. THIS was my last attempt:

Read about "Prester/Presbyter John":

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Prester_John

Why would they call this guy both "prester" and "presbyter"?

Maybe because it's two ways of spelling the same word?

And the combination of BED and RUM (bedroom) dates from the time of Shakespeare.

I have another one:

[M82]

Thit stat in al vsa burga.

(...)

Twa jêr nêidam kêm thene Magy selva mith en flâte fon lichte kânum, tha Moder fon Texland aend tha foddik to râwane.

Thaes aerge sêke bistonde-r thes nachtis anda winter by storne tydum as wind gûlde aend hêjel to jenst tha andêrna fêtere.

Two years afterwards Magy himself came with a fleet of light boats to steal the lamp from the mother of Texland.

This wicked deed he accomplished one stormy winter night, while the wind roared and the hail rattled against the windows.

http://oeralinda.web...a-linda-book#31

==

fêtere = (Dutch) vensters = (English) windows

Latin: fenestra > Dutch: venster

Latin: fenestra > French fenêtre

French: fenêtre > OLB: fêtere?

This OLB word sounds like someone misspelling the French word "fenêtre"...

++

window: afries. dern (1) 2, durin, der-n, *dur-in, N.: nhd. Fenster; ne. window; finestre 1, finestr-e, Sb.: nhd. Fenster; ne. window

-- window (N.): afries. andern 8, andren, an-der-n, an-dre-n, N.: nhd. Fenster; ne. window (N.)

http://koeblergerhar.../afries_ne.html

Edited by Abramelin

The Finnar, with their priestcaste the Magiar, were chased to the west into Fryan territory, 101 years after the submergence of Aldland.

But from what tribe were these Finnar fleeing?

[M54]

.. tha wilda skef.härdar

... de wilde schaapherders

... the wild shepherds

o thv alra grâteste thêra kaeningar, wi send skeldich, thach al hwat wi dên haeve is ut nêd dên. Je mêne that wi jvw brothar willengklik anfat haeve, men wi send thrvch vsa fyanda forth-fêtereth aend thi alle send vs jeta vppa hakka. Wi haevath often helpe an thinre burchfâm frêjath, men hja neth vs navt ne meld. Thene Mâgy sêith, sâ hwersa wi ekkôrum to tha haelte vrdva, sâ skilun tha wilda skephaerdar kêmon aend vs algâdur vrdva.

O almighty king we are guilty, but all that we have done was done from necessity. You think that we attacked your brothers out of illwill, but we were driven out by our enemies, who are still at our heels. We have often asked your Burgtmaagd for help, but she took no notice of us. The Magy says that if we kill half our numbers in fighting with each other, then the wild shepherds will come and kill all the rest.

http://oeralinda.web...a-linda-book#23

And they weren't only shepherds:

[M55]

Thâ Wodin kroned was, gvng er vppa wilda lôs; thi wêron al rutar,

When Wodin was crowned, he attacked the savages, who were all horsemen,

http://oeralinda.web...a-linda-book#23

==

So, who were these enemies of the Finnar/Magiar?

Edited by Abramelin

Btw, Alewyn claimed, in his book about the OLB (the one that started this thread), that the "Sea Peoples" were mentioned in the OLB.

That he probably based on Tony Steeles translation/interpretation of the OLB, the one he used for (the first edition of) his book.

But it were not the Sea People(s), but the "stjurar" or sailors....alas.

Just saying.

I have another one:

[M82]

(...)

Twa jêr nêidam kêm thene Magy selva mith en flâte fon lichte kânum, tha Moder fon Texland aend tha foddik to râwane.

Thaes aerge sêke bistonde-r thes nachtis anda winter by storne tydum as wind gûlde aend hêjel to jenst tha andêrna fêtere.

Two years afterwards Magy himself came with a fleet of light boats to steal the lamp from the mother of Texland.

This wicked deed he accomplished one stormy winter night, while the wind roared and the hail rattled against the windows.

==

to jenste tha anderna fetere.......so i presume you are saying this says:-

against the rattling windows....... fetera in an anglo saxon dictionary says fetters ??

to jenste tha anderna fetere.......so i presume you are saying this says:-

against the rattling windows....... fetera in an anglo saxon dictionary says fetters ??

As far as I know English "fetter" means "buoy", and it is obvious they mean "window".

The word for window as used in the OLB, fêtere, is of Latin/French origin.... if it is supposed to mean "window".

However:

-- window (N.): afries. andern 8, andren, an-der-n, an-dre-n, N.: nhd. Fenster; ne. window (N.)

+++

EDIT:

Is fêtere then supposed to mean "rattled"??

Can't find any confirmation for that right now.

rattle -- rattle (V.): afries. hruta* 5, hru-t-a*, st. V. (2): nhd. röcheln; ne. rattle (V.)

Edited by Abramelin

héjel to jenst tha andérna fétere

Probably same verb, different spelling:

[203/14]

ALSA SKILUN THA VRLANDASKA HÉRA HJARA BERN MISBRUKA AND FYTRA LÉTA

Possibly related to Richthofen (1842): fitera - fesseln (to fetter)

Jensma (2006) translated both with "geselen" (lash, flog, whip)

~

As for your posts about bedrum and prestera; I cannot be bothered answering again, as you either donot take the effort of reading and considering what I say, or your mind is just too degenerated.

Also, if these are the best arguments against OLBhis authenticiy you can produce, after years of discussing, wouldnot it be time to draw the only sensible conclusion (however painful that me be for you)?

You ignored NO´s utterly significant post about "& bi-won Þa æðela boc" and my videos.

Are you actually interested at all?

Edited by gestur

Probably same verb, different spelling:

[203/14]

ALSA SKILUN THA VRLANDASKA HÉRA HJARA BERN MISBRUKA AND FYTRA LÉTA

More fragments with the same word, that comfirm it probably means something like to whip:

[054/13]

MEN WI SEND THRVCH VSA FIANDA FORTH.FÉTERETH

[055/07]

THÁ KÉM STORNE.WIND

ÀND FÉTERE THA SKÉPA VPPA SKORRA FONNA DÉNE.MARKUM DEL

[116/12]

SIN HEF FÉTERE THENE HRING.DIK

My Frisian dictionary has:

fiterje - aandrijven, aansporen, aanzetten (urge, spur on, etc)

I have another one:

[M82]

(...)

==

++

window: afries. dern (1) 2, durin, der-n, *dur-in, N.: nhd. Fenster; ne. window; finestre 1, finestr-e, Sb.: nhd. Fenster; ne. window

I have another one:

[M82]

(...)

==

++

fêtere is a verb. In Dutch foeteren - tekeergaan. translation: de hagel ging tekeer tegen de ramen.

Edited by Knul

More fragments with the same word, that comfirm it probably means something like to whip:

[054/13]

[055/07]

THÁ KÉM STORNE.WIND

[116/12]

My Frisian dictionary has:

fiterje - aandrijven, aansporen, aanzetten (urge, spur on, etc)

fetere - foeteren, tekeer gaan, striemen, jagen, slaan, etc.

foeteren

That word is related to french "foutre", latin "futuere".

A link with the frisian "fiterje" makes more sense to me, but who knows, that may be related to the latin word as well.

Edited by gestur

fêtere is a verb. In Dutch foeteren - tekeergaan. translation: de hagel ging tekeer tegen de ramen.

I left my neighbour yesterday, and when I came home, I knew the answer: it's the English word "battered".

batter (v.) dictionary.gif "strike repeatedly, beat violently and rapidly," early 14c., from Old French batre "to beat, strike" (11c., Modern French battre "to beat, to strike"), from Latin battuere "to beat, strike," an old word in Latin, but almost certainly borrowed from Gaulish, from PIE root *bhau- "to strike" (cf. Welsh bathu "beat;" Old English beadu "battle," beatan "to beat," bytl "hammer, mallet"). Began to be widely used 1962 in reference to domestic abuse. Related: Battered; battering. Battering-ram is an ancient weapon (Latin aries), but the word attested only from 1610s. http://www.etymonlin...searchmode=none

Edited by Abramelin

I have another one:

I have been thinking more along the lines of it meaning something like enslavers...........the anglo saxon dict said it meant fetters.....fetters is not a buoy in English....fetters are irons, manacles , chains. hence i see a possible connection to it being something to do with being enslaved , enslavers maybe captors etc.

Two years after came the Magi himself with a fleet from light Kanaan ?The mother from Texland and the lamp to ravage

These urgently seeking to make there stand(attack) at night, on the winter storm tide, as the wind howled and hailed against the (?coming?) enslavers (Captors)

This wicked deed he accomplished one stormy winter night, while the wind roared and the hail rattled against the windows..

Edited by NO-ID-EA

More fragments with the same word,

]

[054/13]

but we came through (overcame) , our enemies forth from captivity (enslavement )

[055/07]

THÁ KÉM STORNE.WIND

and captured the ship (Skipper ?)

[116/12]

they( we ?) have captured the ring ditch

Edited by NO-ID-EA

imo

feather and veer

is about flying, resilliance, bouncing, tak tak tak, ratling and in rest covering

varen, weren en veren

the wandern are the fences before the wind-oog

they are the wanden because ze wenden, keeping outside or even bounce back

ver-anderen is changing, wenden and feteren is the verb bouncing (veren), changing direction

I have been thinking more along the lines of it meaning something like enslavers...........the anglo saxon dict said it meant fetters.....fetters is not a buoy in English....fetters are irons, manacles , chains. hence i see a possible connection to it being something to do with being enslaved , enslavers maybe captors etc.

Two years after came the Magi himself with a fleet from light Kanaan ?The mother from Texland and the lamp to ravage

These urgently seeking to make there stand(attack) at night, on the winter storm tide, as the wind howled and hailed against the (?coming?) enslavers (Captors)

This wicked deed he accomplished one stormy winter night, while the wind roared and the hail rattled against the windows..

like 'veter' is a binder (for shoes)?

what is the noun and what is the verb in olb?