Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apache Drops Bomb In Texas

Eldorado

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eldorado

• Taun

• libstaK

• The Unseen

If they're not "armed" your odds go up dramatically of surviving such an event ;)

If they're not "armed" your odds go up dramatically of surviving such an event ;)

I was imagining it landing in someone's back yard. Armed or not, it would spoil your barbecue. :)

p.s. Imagine it hit your brand new shiny car? Yikes!

Edited by Eldorado

Even worse imagine the "jolt" of the landing messing with the wiring and it "armed" itself, bummer

Even worse imagine the "jolt" of the landing messing with the wiring and it "armed" itself, bummer

It couldn't arm itself... It had no propellant and no explosives... It was a mock missile that had the

same shape and weight of a real one... Basically a large lawn dart...

It couldn't arm itself... It had no propellant and no explosives... It was a mock missile that had the

same shape and weight of a real one... Basically a large lawn dart...

That'll teach me to throw in a quip without checking out the article eh?

That'll teach me to throw in a quip without checking out the article eh?

I do it all the time!

I use to work on Intermediate Range Ballistic Missiles (Pershing) and we had a few 'inert' ones for training and also for

'show and tell' - displays...

The warhead was filled with cement (to get the right weight) and the rocket stages were filled with another type compound

similar to clay... The only danger with the thing, was if it rolled off the Erector-Launcher and fell on you... Or if the driver

of the EL ran over your car (which was known to happen)...

I do it all the time!

I use to work on Intermediate Range Ballistic Missiles (Pershing) and we had a few 'inert' ones for training and also for

'show and tell' - displays...

The warhead was filled with cement (to get the right weight) and the rocket stages were filled with another type compound

similar to clay... The only danger with the thing, was if it rolled off the Erector-Launcher and fell on you... Or if the driver

of the EL ran over your car (which was known to happen)...

:w00t: I shouldn't laugh but with humans if something can go wrong it pretty much will.

Well at least no one was hurt.

And it wasn't armed.

say-hello-2-my.jpg

:w00t: I shouldn't laugh but with humans if something can go wrong it pretty much will.

Could you imagine the Insurance Agents face when the guy told him that a nuclear missile ran over his car?

My father in law was flying in a small aircraft WITH his insurance agent when, upon landing a deer ran in front of the plane and caused it to crash. You can't make this stuff up.

Ooopppsss! I'm thinking there will be an opening for promotion to captain of this helicopter within the ranks of this unit within the next few days.

Ooopppsss! I'm thinking there will be an opening for promotion to captain of this helicopter within the ranks of this unit within the next few days.

i was thinking same but not being a military man I don't know what would happen in a case like this. Will they get demoted or just hauled over the coals?

I don't know, but after reading the article I get the impression that the pilot did everything right, but that the launch computer was not properly pre-programmed to enable "test mode-no launch"

Sounds more like ground crew failure, but again I have no idea.

i was thinking same but not being a military man I don't know what would happen in a case like this. Will they get demoted or just hauled over the coals?

It all depends on the findings of the investigation. They could be cleared of all wrong doing to administratively reprimanded all the way to discharged, either honorably or dishonorably.

edit: typo! I hate typos! lol

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

It all depends on the findings of the investigation. They could be cleared of all wrong doing to administratively reprimanded all the way to discharged, either honorably or dishonorably.

edit: typo! I hate typos! lol

Thank you.

I hope they were'nt clowning about. that would be the worst finding, imo. (apart from sabotage of course... lol)

When I read "drops missile over Texas" I got very excited at the thought of someone I dislike dying.

It could not arm itself,it has no war head or propelent,I would have left it there as a show piece and maybe even the criminals would leave my backyard alone.Now I just have to use the one fake one I bought from an army navy store to show,lol Edited by The Unseen

When I read "drops missile over Texas" I got very excited at the thought of someone I dislike dying.

Yep know what you mean,I was hopeing It would have landed on a certain house in a certain neighborhood hitting a certain jerk right in the mouth.Even if it was unarmed It would have ended the life of a certain crimminal/lier/tight wad/dead beat/womanizer/child malester/rip off artist/creep/loud mouth. and how I would have liked to take a picture when it did.Bet the whole Pleasent Grove people off of 30 and buckner would have jumped for joy.