Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts of the Air

Wildchild41

Hey guys, I'm new here, so first and foremost, a big hello to all my new friends :D lol

So, as any aviation enthusiasts or ghost hunters, or even regular people, read this book? I won't give everything away, except for one story... ;)

If not, I highly recommend it. Personally it's the best evidence to ghostly existence ever. I mean, there are a million reasons for ghosts to hang out at former airfeilds in England and there planes that are still alive and have not been eaten by the scrapper. One story clearly sticks out to me, and that's the story of B-29 Raz 'N Hell. Restored using 3 different B-29's that were only used at gun range targets, she sits inside outside all night with the freakiest stuff happening. (people seeing someone walk around inside the plane, cockpit lights coming on an off, even though the wires themselves are disconnected.....) Some of you guys may have even herd of this story before too because this is the only time the U.S. Airforce held a publicly known seance. Of course it was private, and no one knows what took place that night.

So please post anything on the book, any aviation ghosts or oddity's, and hello's to me too! And a hello back too if I won't be on for awhile... Haha. :D

P.S. sorry for any spelling errors, iPods are not good for typing paragraphs.

Edited by Wildchild41
  • Like 2

Welcome to the forums. :)

Moving this to the Paranormal Books, Authors and Publications section.

Hya

Welcome to UM

Great tale bout the aircraft I love these kind of reports

There was a report recently about a dog being seen at a former WW2 airstrip

It was suspected to be the dog of one of the dmbusters but no way it can be proved

Hello, welcome :D

The book seems like pretty interesting, I'll read the reviews first though.

• 1 month later...

I have some of his other books tiltled:

Cyborg, Prison Ship, The God Machine, and Whip

Doubt I'll be reading them any anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

Not only have I read it (more than a few times!), it has become my favorite book (that's a lot of books by the way, I love reading).

I learned a few things from this book that I had never heard before like the time machine that keeps the world's most accurate time.

The first page just leaps out at you:The men of three Bostons stood before the air marshal & spoke of heavy fighting and the

air marshal had lost 75% of his crew. The three men were debriefed and filled out their info such as name, rank, and serial

number. He suggested they go have a drink or two. When the men left, the aide to the marshal came in & pondered how he would

tell the air marshal of the heavy loss: all twelve Boston's were lost. The details the three men mentioned matched the information

that intelligence had. But those three men who had left the marshal's office were with their planes and shot down earlier, so how

could they have been in the air marshal's office. Weird.

Edited by tiredsoul

Oh! I wanted to ask, do you know if there is a second volume to Ghosts of the Air? In the front of the book there is a list of Mr.Caidin's

books and it mentions Ghosts of the Air, Volume I. My copy doesn't say it is Vol.I-so I'm thinking there is a 2nd book. I want to get

more of his books (and replace the copy I have as it's pretty ragged now (I had bought it from the internet.) as he is a good writer

and has experienced so much. TIA

• 2 weeks later...

What a great book! I've been a fan of Caidin's since I read Zoboa years back and Ghosts of the Air is wonderful - a merging of two of my favorite topics. I always wondered if he had collected any more stories for the aforementioned second volume, and if they ever found their way into other works after he passed or if they are just sitting quietly in a file somewhere. One thing I noticed was an absence (other than one account) of stories set in the Pacific during World War Two. Caidin mentioned that he was the historian for the 5th Air Force and had found files concerning many strange occurrences set in that area, so I think it's possible he may have been saving that for the second book. I'm tempted to try and contact someone at the publishing house to see if there was ever an outline sketched out.

I highly recommend checking out Caidin's other works. He was one of the great aviation authors and wrote a ton of non-fiction on numerous planes and historic events, and was also involved in the space program. His novel Cyborg was adapted into The Six Million Dollar Man and he always claimed it was based on real bionics programs the USAF had going on back in the '60s (I think the air force eventually released a statement that the programs did exist). He also wrote an interesting novel about the Bermuda Triangle called Three Corners to Nowhere. It's not an easy book to find, but it is an intriguing read.

sounds pretty interesting, have to try and find a copy, welcome to UM

sounds pretty interesting, have to try and find a copy, welcome to UM

Most of the stories deal with hauntings at old RAF bases. If I ever get over that way I'm going to do a tour of some of them. There were a few different editions, so getting a copy should be easy.

Have a read of the book, the Ghosts of Flight 401, which I think was the title, written by John G Fuller. Read it over 30 years ago. A plane crashed back in 1972 with major loss of life. Many parts of the aircraft were still perfectly usable and were salvaged and used on other aircraft when needed. On quite a number of aircraft that had these parts fitted, there were reports of paranormal happenings, sightings etc. I'm sure this was a true story.

Have a read of the book, the Ghosts of Flight 401, which I think was the title, written by John G Fuller. Read it over 30 years ago. A plane crashed back in 1972 with major loss of life. Many parts of the aircraft were still perfectly usable and were salvaged and used on other aircraft when needed. On quite a number of aircraft that had these parts fitted, there were reports of paranormal happenings, sightings etc. I'm sure this was a true story.

Flight 401 is an interesting case. There is a book called Crash that details the accident itself very well - a mix of pilot error and bad maintenance. They finally put up a memorial in the Everglades just a few years ago.

• 1 month later...