Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 6
Dale Larner

Was Vincent van Gogh Jack the Ripper ?

326 posts in this topic

I’ve kept my integrity.

Integrity?! You've gotta be kidding? You just don't get it, do you? What you have demonstrated in this thread is not integrity, just self-aggrandizement, there's a difference. If you had any integrity at all you would post some real evidence to backup your claim.

It's extremely arrogant of you to come on this or any other forum and start a thread bragging about how you solved an old unexplained mystery, yet provide zero evidence. We are not going to just take your word for it on blind faith.

But how much do you really know about Van Gogh? Have you read his 900 letters and the biographies and studied his life? You admit you don’t know much about the Ripper cases.

Red Herring! It doesn't matter what I know about Vincent or Jack. You are the one bragging about solving the mystery, so the burden of proof is on you! So far you have shown zero proof.

Until you provide proof, your theory will be regarded as just a cheap hoax, started by an attention seeking troll trying to drum up publicity with threads on forums so they can swindle an advance payment from a potential book publisher -- which is how you clearly described your strategy in a post on the publishersmarketplace website.

No wonder your attempts to start this same thread topic at wetcanvas (an art forum) was locked four times in a row. The moderators saw right through your publicity stunt. They don't allow their forum to be used as free advertising space for scams.

At this point, the only way to redeem your integrity is to post in this thread (and the thread at casebook.org) some incriminating evidence proving your claim. Otherwise, you just look like a troll promoting a hoax as part of a scam.

3 people like this

This Is so laughable it isn't even funny.What kind of bum believe's this Junk.Some jerk wrote a book that proves nothing.Maybe I should write a book on bigfoot and say that bigfoot and Elvis are brothers,I might make a few dollars just for kicks. LORD where Have all the Smart Humans gone to?

3 people like this

This Is so laughable it isn't even funny.What kind of bum believe's this Junk.Some jerk wrote a book that proves nothing.Maybe I should write a book on bigfoot and say that bigfoot and Elvis are brothers,I might make a few dollars just for kicks. LORD where Have all the Smart Humans gone to?

What's even more laughable is that Larner is still looking for a publisher.

Larner is a fraud, and if one day his book is published then I hope relatives of Van Gogh will sue him and his publisher for everything they have.

Remember Larner: Accusing somebody of being a serial killer when they're not is a crime.

And this thread needs to be closed. Larner is obviously a fraud.

2 people like this

Vincent van Gogh was not as he seems.

I realize the difficulty in believing such a claim, especially for avid Van Gogh admirers, but this is no joke. The day has arrived. The truth must come out. Vincent van Gogh was a serial killer!

Painters are magicians, and Van Gogh was a master magician. Using his masterful skills to fool the eye, I found that Van Gogh had accomplished the great, but wicked, act of painting images related to Jack the Ripper hidden within his paintings, and specifically so in the painting the Irises.

Outlandish! Ridiculous! I know. I thought the same thing when I first made the initial discovery, which was of a face hidden within the irises, and I even set aside the discovery for two years. But when I returned to it, and when I looked deeper into Van Gogh’s life, it was no longer ridiculous.

The face I saw hidden in the flowers was familiar. It was a face I had just seen in a Jack the Ripper book—that of Mary Kelly, the sixth victim of Jack the Ripper. A photo exists of her as she was found on her deathbed with her face and body mutilated, and it was her near skeletal face that jumped out at me from Van Gogh’s flowers.

But it wasn’t just Mary Kelly’s face that was concealed within the blooms and stems. Remarkably, Vincent painted her entire body hidden in the Irises painting, and he painted it in the same position as in the photo. Vincent van Gogh knew how Mary Kelly looked on the night of her murder because he was in her room that night.

After I made the initial discovery, I matched up the details of Van Gogh’s life and 900 letters to Jack the Ripper’s dirty deeds and 245 letters, and I wrote a book about it. It took 3 years to complete the research and another 2 ½ years to write the book, but it is now complete.

I’m currently shopping the book, VINCENT ALIAS JACK, around to agents and publishers, while also getting the word out about Van Gogh's true nature.

See the hidden images and matches and watch the videos, then return to the Unexplained Mysteries forum and say what you think.

www.VincentAliasJack.com

For those on Facebook—LIKE’s appreciated.

www.facebook.com/VincentAliasJack

Enjoy the adventure,

Dale Larner

Man How hard up are you to think this hog wash is believeable?Just because you smoked that wacky weed you now believe that 'YOU" solved something that would blow others minds,Well it did blow my mind,"How in the world can someone even start to believe that Vince is Jack unless their mama droped them on their head when they were a baby,Hey this really wastes the time of real believers of paranormal.Some Clown writes a book and now You believe in what it says........Well I don't mean to pop your bubble and I don't mean to sound mean but come on,Keep printing things like that and everyone here will think your a quack.

What's even more laughable is that Larner is still looking for a publisher.

Larner is a fraud, and if one day his book is published then I hope relatives of Van Gogh will sue him and his publisher for everything they have.

Remember Larner: Accusing somebody of being a serial killer when they're not is a crime.

And this thread needs to be closed. Larner is obviously a fraud.

Thank you,well said.Id buy you a beer butI'll just say I owe you one.
1 person likes this

The best part about the utter stupidity of Larner is that if he ever does garner publicity (beyond his own facebook, link and twitter spam) and people actually google this fool. This thread will show up on googles organic listings well before any of his other work.

So congradulations Larner on attaching yourself to a provenance that google will organically rank higher than almost anything else you publish.

It has already begun.

Right now this thread shows up on page 4 of google search results if you google "Dale Larner". BWAHAHAHA and it hasn't even been 30 days. In 6 months this thread will show up on page one of any search results for "Dale Larner". You have officially committed google suicide.

I will now make it my personal pet project to continue posting in this thread so the content is current and constantly updated by google. Pushing the organic rankings higher and higher and higher.

3 people like this

I'll refrain from commenting in depth, as I think my opinion of this will be outside forum rules... :D

But why on earth is this in 'True Crime'??

BTW, I think UM should consider a category along the lines of "Claims Too Ridiculous to Categorise".

5 people like this

I have provided some actual evidence, but only a few pieces of a larger puzzle.

I don’t mind negative comments, and I can deal with personal attacks, but I can do without the threats to shutdown my freedom of speech. You don’t like the concept of my book or the information that I present, fine, make your comments or don’t comment at all, but being a free American, I’ll always stand up against bullies who think they can shutdown other people’s speech simply because they don’t agree with it.

If you think you wield such mighty power, then you do what you think is right. I’ll continue to stand on freedom.

Dale Larner

Sorry, but you provided no evidence, just unverified speculation (meaning, you provided no sources to confirm what you said).

None of what I said was a personal attack. If you actually have proof that the Ripper was in fact Van Gogh, then provide it. Not little bits of puzzle pieces.

As far as freedom of speech, you have much to learn. The US Supreme Court has already established that the free speech clause of the First Amendment is not absolute. Also, freedom of speech does not pertain to anyone, or anything other than the government - meaning, if you go to someone's home, they can limit what you say or how you talk. Internet forums (such as this) can also limit what you say, and should you choose not to adhere to their rules, you can be banned - FACT.

As far as making any kind of threats, I did no such thing. You come onto an internet forum, start a thread in the True Crime section, and post nothing but speculation and don't even back it up with anything tangible. And everyone that has posted here has called you out on it.

All you are doing is promoting the sale of a book (a currently unpublished book at that).

I have been on several different internet forums where you are spewing this same trash, and most of their comments are similar to the ones here. Either provide ACTUAL evidence (and supporting documentation), or continue to get called out for being the bogus fool you are (there, NOW I made a personal attack).

1 person likes this

I had no idea he was on other forums. He's absolutely killing himself as most forums will have higher google rankings for content over just a one time written article. He's fallen on his own sword and he doesn't even know it.

But why on earth is this in 'True Crime'??

The real crime is the blatant abuse of logic committed by the OP.
1 person likes this

Sorry, but you provided no evidence, just unverified speculation (meaning, you provided no sources to confirm what you said).

None of what I said was a personal attack. If you actually have proof that the Ripper was in fact Van Gogh, then provide it. Not little bits of puzzle pieces.

As far as freedom of speech, you have much to learn. The US Supreme Court has already established that the free speech clause of the First Amendment is not absolute. Also, freedom of speech does not pertain to anyone, or anything other than the government - meaning, if you go to someone's home, they can limit what you say or how you talk. Internet forums (such as this) can also limit what you say, and should you choose not to adhere to their rules, you can be banned - FACT.

As far as making any kind of threats, I did no such thing. You come onto an internet forum, start a thread in the True Crime section, and post nothing but speculation and don't even back it up with anything tangible. And everyone that has posted here has called you out on it.

All you are doing is promoting the sale of a book (a currently unpublished book at that).

I have been on several different internet forums where you are spewing this same trash, and most of their comments are similar to the ones here. Either provide ACTUAL evidence (and supporting documentation), or continue to get called out for being the bogus fool you are (there, NOW I made a personal attack).

Here’s another piece of the puzzle.

The accumulated information shows that Van Gogh wrote many of the Jack the Ripper letters, and I cover this area in detail in the book. After analyzing the Ripper letters and Van Gogh letters for matching characteristic in handwriting, content, dating, location, and etc., it becomes clear that Van Gogh was writing Ripper letters.

But where is the evidence? Some continue to cry out, as if the years of hard work researching and writing the book mean nothing, as if the book doesn’t exists and everything should simply be handed over online for evaluation. But I do want to provide more evidence, and I’ve added a stunning handwriting comparison from the book to “The Matches” section on the website.

http://vincentaliasjack.com/wordpress/?page_id=160

If you don’t consider this real evidence, then I’m not sure what to think of you, but I still won’t stoop to name calling.

Dale Larner

Posted (edited)

I’ve added a stunning handwriting comparison from the book to “The Matches” section on the website.

http://vincentaliasj...ss/?page_id=160

"Stunning"?! Are you serious?! "Stunning" is not a word that comes to mind when I look at that handwriting comparison. "Bogus" was the first word that came to my mind when I looked at it. It's absolutely not incriminating by any stretch of the imagination, it doesn't even create a suspicion. Besides, that particular 19 July 1889 Ripper letter was deemed a hoax.

Below are two different letters, dated just a few days apart, one the "Dear Boss" Ripper letter (one of very few that are thought to be by the real killer). The other is written by van Gogh to Theo, his brother, four days earlier. I see zero resemblance in handwriting style other than standard letter shapes.

DearBoss25September1888.jpg

Jack the Ripper 25 September 1888

DearTheo-21September1888.jpg

Vincent van Gogh 21 September 1888

Edited by Slate
3 people like this

"Stunning"?! Are you serious?! "Stunning" is not a word that comes to mind when I look at that handwriting comparison. "Bogus" was the first word that came to my mind when I looked at it. It's absolutely not incriminating by any stretch of the imagination, it doesn't even create a suspicion. Besides, that particular 19 July 1889 Ripper letter was deemed a hoax.

Below are two different letters, dated just a few days apart, one the "Dear Boss" Ripper letter (one of very few that are thought to be by the real killer). The other is written by van Gogh to Theo, his brother, four days earlier. I see zero resemblance in handwriting style other than standard letter shapes.

Yes, stunning is the word, and I’ll stick with it. The characters in the handwriting comparison are nearly identical. Your word doesn’t fit at all.

Question for you: Who deemed that Ripper letter a hoax? Based on what?

In regards to the letter comparison you present in an attempt to dispute any similarities, I have to point out a few things. If you are going to step into this realm of research, you need to know that Van Gogh wrote in many different hands, and he wrote in different languages. He even switched styles sometimes within the same letter, and sometimes various times.

But what you must understand even more so, and I would think it would be obvious, is that writing Jack the Ripper letters, as can be expected, Van Gogh was generally not simply picking up a pen and writing a letter. In other words, he was generally attempting to disguise his writing, as any good letter writing serial killer would do. So, to just pick out a letter because it’s near the same date and say, “Look here, this doesn’t match,” just won’t do. It requires much more work than that.

Side note: I do believe Van Gogh wrote the Dear Boss letter.

Thanks,

Dale Larner

Hi, Dale.

I don't think you could be more respectful in your posts than what you've shown here to be.

I respect your research, and that you've shared it with us.

Are there any other cases you've researched, or are there any other cases you'd like to focus on in the future?

Re: this case, I've never been particularly interested in seriously studying the case, and I think that's because of the extremely low expectation I have of it ever being solved.

I don't think it's possible because I don't know of any evidence that exists which could/should be considered definitive.

Hi, Dale.

I don't think you could be more respectful in your posts than what you've shown here to be.

I respect your research, and that you've shared it with us.

Are there any other cases you've researched, or are there any other cases you'd like to focus on in the future?

Re: this case, I've never been particularly interested in seriously studying the case, and I think that's because of the extremely low expectation I have of it ever being solved.

I don't think it's possible because I don't know of any evidence that exists which could/should be considered definitive.

Thanks for your kind comments. I haven’t had a chance to dig into any other cases. I’ve been completely absorbed with the Jack the Ripper case since ’06, and my focus remains there. Perhaps once VINCENT ALIAS JACK is on the shelf I can look into something else.

You wouldn’t be alone in having a low expectation of the Ripper case ever being solved. However, I believe the discoveries I’ve made and the evidence I’ve collected provide the definitive answer to the identity of Jack the Ripper.

Thanks,

Dale Larner

According to Bradshaw’s Continental Railway Guide of March 1888 (a prized possession of mine) a traveler could make it from London down to the South of France to Arles in as little as 24 hrs., by taking the express mail trains. This was a well-oiled system, operating between major cities, timed well with the steamers crossing the channel.

So, for instance, if Vincent left on a Thursday at 3:00 p.m., he could be in London on Friday at approx. 3:00 p.m., commit a murder that night, leave London early Saturday morning, and arrive back in Arles Sunday morning, hardly missed by anyone, and definitely not suspected of having traveled to London for a murder.

As for timelines and such, that’s handled in detail throughout the book. Vincent’s life matches up very well to Jack’s, and for good reason—they were one in the same.

Thanks,

Dale Larner

Ok on that side of things.. what you would need to do is get a hold of the rail logs.. the express mail train was the Royal Mail express train.. all passengers.. parcels etc would have been logged..

DearBoss25September1888.jpg

DearTheo-21September1888.jpg

Hmmm it looks like the ripper letter was written by a left handed person.. by the slanting to the right of the letters.. most of us lefties write with that kind of slant..

Posted (edited)

Hmmm it looks like the ripper letter was written by a left handed person.. by the slanting to the right of the letters.. most of us lefties write with that kind of slant..

Gauguin's portrait of van Gogh shows him painting with his right hand:

http://en.wikipedia....Gauguin_104.jpg

This portrait by John Peter Russell shows van Gogh holding a pen or brush in his right hand:

http://worldvisitgui...0000073762.html

One of van Gogh's self portraits shows him painting with his left hand, but he was looking in a mirror when he painted that, so everything was reversed.

Edited by Slate

Posted (edited)

In regards to the letter comparison you present in an attempt to dispute any similarities, I have to point out a few things. If you are going to step into this realm of research, you need to know that Van Gogh wrote in many different hands, and he wrote in different languages. He even switched styles sometimes within the same letter, and sometimes various times.

In regards to the letter comparison that you presented in an attempt to show similarities in handwriting to frame van Gogh as a killer, I have to ask you this: did you hire an independent court-qualified forensic handwriting examiner to authenticate the handwriting? If not, it can't be admitted as evidence according to Rule 901 of the Federal Rules of Evidence.

Edited by Slate
2 people like this

It is a long time since I was involved in the forensic side of Police work and things may have changed since then, but handwriting is not an exact science. It is not possible to say 100% that a particular person wrote a particular letter. It is only possible to give what's known as an 'HDP'.....High Degree of Probability. (In the UK at least)

The other thing is that a handwriting expert can only qualify as such after completing quite a few years of study on the subject in question.

Therefore, one has to wonder exactly how long the OP has been 'studying' handwriting or did he look at the samples of handwriting and say....''yep, they look the same to me!''

Perhaps the OP could answer this one?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The answer is—Yes, I have strong evidence Van Gogh was in London at the time the murders were committed.

Thanks,

Dale Larner

That he "could have" traveled from Arles to London and back is absolutely, inarguably, not "strong evidence." It isn't weak evidence...it isn't evidence at all.

It's called speculation. Lots of people were probably on those trains at those times. It is entirely possible that one or more individuals took those particular trains each and every time a Ripper murder occurred. That doesn't make any of them Jack the Ripper. But then, if you had chosen some unremarkable businessman as the victim of what I can only see as a self-serving smear campaign, you wouldn't have found anyone willing to even listen to your theory (because that's all it is), let alone publish it.

Furthermore, I reject your claim that your comparison of some of Vincent's letters to supposed Ripper letters can be deemed valid evidence. As Jonathan has already stated, only two or three of the letters are even acknowledged to be authentic. Did you use even one of the accepted letters for your comparison? By the way, did you employ an established handwriting expert to do the comparison? If so, what is his name and what are his credentials?

And please, don't suggest that I read your book. Your attempts at self-promotion fall on deaf ears in this quarter. I am a book editor by profession, and I weep at the current state of the publishing industry that enables spurious works of "research" to reach print.

Edited by lizzieboo
2 people like this

Google now recognizes two UM entries of this thread and has moved up the rankings about 5 places. The continue exposure of Larner as a fraud is growing. But on to more juicy stuff.

I also forwarded Larners book webpage (along with a dozen or so other slandereous media pages) to the Van Gogh Museum which I have come to find does work with the estate of Van Gogh. I was advised that his information will be forwarded. I've also been made aware that his title work will most likely open himself up for significant legal action as it reads

"The True Story of How Vincent van Gogh Became Jack the Ripper"

When in fact there is no truth to the story at all.

It's one thing to write fiction and satire for entertainment ala Lincoln Vampire hunter and so forth but quite different to pass off fabrications and misinformation as historical accounts. Particularly in a defamitory and slanderous way. Which is exactly what Larner is doing publicly on many many many different media outlets and platforms.

I predict a cease and disist letter in the very near future for Dale Larner.

5 people like this

Lol I have never heard anything about anyone thinking van Gogh was Jack the Ripper until now...thats funny. The female nurse who was angry at her husband for being with prostitutes is more believable theory than van Gogh. You know who's an interesting guy that im suprised no one ever talks about when on the killing topic lol Prince Vlad from the 14th century...

In regards to the letter comparison that you presented in an attempt to show similarities in handwriting to frame van Gogh as a killer, I have to ask you this: did you hire an independent court-qualified forensic handwriting examiner to authenticate the handwriting? If not, it can't be admitted as evidence according to Rule 901 of the Federal Rules of Evidence.

I had to keep the secret while researching and writing the book. I couldn’t involve others. I’ll keep it in mind, but I don’t think it’s necessary at this point. Perhaps others will do that later to verify what I’ve found.

Thanks,

Dale Larner

Verify?....dismiss is far more likely in this case :)