Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chatroom Ignore Feature?

MissMelsWell

So is there any way to ignore a user in the new chat interface? Prior versions of the chatroom allowed for this function so we could ignore users who spew endless lines of off-topic text into the room? It's nice to be able to ignore them and keep being able to watch the on-topic banter between the rest of the users.

Thanks much!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• MissMelsWell

• Ealdwita

• Stonecoldvampzy

That's something Invision will need to add in a future version of the software.

Do they have an ETA on that? There's a user or two who regularly come in and really distrupt the flow of the room badly and don't have the capacity to interact with anyone in an appropriate way. In the past, we've been able to ignore them and it causes no problems, however now, that's impossible and it makes the new room unbearable. It would be one thing if it was just a line here and there, unfortunately it's gobs of text no one wants to see every other line. It's nearly impossible for the community to have a conversation of any kind. Or is it possible to get a mod in more frequently to help mitigate the disruption? Thanks much!

There's a user or two who regularly come in and really distrupt the flow of the room badly and don't have the capacity to interact with anyone in an appropriate way.

Hey, you talkin' 'bout me?

s9900.gif

If someone specific is disrupting the room then that's something you should report so that we can address it with that member directly.

Hey, you talkin' 'bout me?

s9900.gif

Not yet Eadwita! But you're welcome to try! LOL. :P

Yes, there is an ignore button: put your arrow on the member's name in the chat feature, then click "ignore private chats" (sometimes I do) and won't read anything the person says for now on (limited amount of time). Just to let everyone know about it, and I recommend some members preferably continue their convos on private messengers off-site.

That option is for private chats ( which are disabled ), it won't ignore what people are saying in the actual room.

• 3 weeks later...

we also need a botton to empty the screen of previous texts when it becomes filled it slows down and hiccups