Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK prepares for Immigrant Surge

Bella-Angelique

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-news/uk-world-news/2012/05/26/uk-plans-for-euro-immigrants-surge-80491-31048599/

I came across this article that states the UK is preparing for a possible surge on immigrants from Greece and other European nations as a result of the eurozone crisis.

"The Home Secretary told The Daily Telegraph "work is ongoing" to deal with large movements of people in the event of the break-up of the single currency."

"Mrs May did not indicate the sort of response that was under consideration.

In normal circumstances the Government's hands are tied because EU nationals are largely entitled to live and work anywhere in the single market.

But she said the Government was "looking at the trends" on immigration from struggling European economies. She said there was no evidence of increased migration at present, adding that it was "difficult to say how it is going to develop in coming weeks".

This all seem absolutely surreal to me when something as simple as a common eurobond could fix everything.

Hi, Bella-A, We have immigrant "tsunamis" every year from the E.U. last year it was the Poles,I read somewhere that there was 260,000 immigrants last year ,all they have to do is learn four English words, ie:- National Assistance, and Human Rights,and we are a soft touch,if you dont know those words you can't be lodged in a Hotel and be given money to survive from the Government.(not forgetting they have the wife and 6 kids on the next plane in)...

Hi, Bella-A, We have immigrant "tsunamis" every year from the E.U.

How much longer do you think it will be before they figure out that that policy will end up destroying the UK?

http://www.wirralnew...80491-31048599/

I came across this article that states the UK is preparing for a possible surge on immigrants from Greece and other European nations as a result of the eurozone crisis.

~~~ ...

This all seem absolutely surreal to me when something as simple as a common eurobond could fix everything.

Bella-Angelique, on the surface, that sounds reasonable.In reality, that suggestion has many problems.

Basically, a common eurobond would mean that every country in the Euro Bloc will jointly form a common money-fund (the eurobond) and this common "newly-invented money" would guarantee to cover the debts of every Euro Bloc country.

That is a pipe-dream. IMO, the reason this will not take place is that out of all the Euro countries, only Germany has a viable economy, built on growing production and sound savings. Every other Euro Nation has built up unsustainable debt ... a debt which these debt-ridden countries would expect Germany to cover. And there is no way that Germany will accept such an imposition.

For example, this website http://online.wsj.co...0748379688.html explains these reasons in detail. Look at the graph at the top left of the web page, to see the debt of most of the Euro Bloc. Now, how would a common eurobond solve this dilemma?

Edited by Karlis

Bella-Angelique, on the surface, that sounds reasonable.In reality, that suggestion has many problems.

Basically, a common eurobond would mean that every country in the Euro Bloc will jointly form a common money-fund (the eurobond) and this common "newly-invented money" would guarantee to cover the debts of every Euro Bloc country.

That is a pipe-dream. IMO, the reason this will not take place is that out of all the Euro countries, only Germany has a viable economy, built on growing production and sound savings. Every other Euro Nation has built up unsustainable debt ... a debt which these debt-ridden countries would expect Germany to cover. And there is no way that Germany will accept such an imposition.

For example, this website http://online.wsj.co...0748379688.html explains these reasons in detail. Look at the graph at the top left of the web page, to see the debt of most of the Euro Bloc. Now, how would a common eurobond solve this dilemma?

This is all not about "Eurobonds", this is part of a campaign certain fund manager are running to get people scared because they need either the Euro up and with it the gold price or insure that Europeans really storm their banks and start buying gold certificates. Unless they get back to $2000 an ounce come October most funds will be in deep trouble.

The problem these FMs have is that Europeans, after being burned by Lehman certificates don't trust anything that is printed on paper, so even if gets bad the model won't work. All they can really try is to talk the dollar down. But in view of the debt crisis in Europe that is even less likely.

How much longer do you think it will be before they figure out that that policy will end up destroying the UK?

Hiya again,I wouldnt like to guess,but not only do we have *Snip* but there is Indians,Pakistani's Afghanies,Somali's Arabs , in fact *Snip*,not including a few thousand "illegals", who come in from France via trains and trucks..The French Police have been videod watching them boarding trains and stood by and watched,doing nothing to stop them..At the last census we had approximately 67.4 registered inhabitants but I guess you can add another 3 to 4 million unregistered,some of them cannot even speak English..I guess this Country is going down the pan Rapidly,but then you have your problems from the South and the Carribean so we are in the same boat,ha ha..cheers Edited by Karlis
Deleted racial comments

I wouldn't worry too much. If the voting on Eurovision is anything to go by, we are about as liked as a rattle snake in a lucky dip. With any luck they will go elsewhere :tsu:

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry too much. If the voting on Eurovision is anything to go by, we are about as liked as a rattle snake in a lucky dip. With any luck they will go elsewhere :tsu:

The problem is "Everywhere" is coming here,because no where else in Euro land,gives them money to live on and a small hotel/guest house to live in,and lets them and their families stay.If they manage to get into the big 2, Euro lands,they catch them and bin them on the next plane out..cheers

The problem is "Everywhere" is coming here,because no where else in Euro land,gives them money to live on and a small hotel/guest house to live in,and lets them and their families stay.If they manage to get into the big 2, Euro lands,they catch them and bin them on the next plane out..cheers

Too true but we can hope lol

lol euro lland gives them plenty to live on .they just know they will get a job in england with our p*** poor wages and employers taking them on illegally to keep there profits high.

to be honest i really can not see anyone with a brain who wasnt unfortunate enough to be born in the uk wanting to come here at all .the place is a violent snobbish backward dump in my opinion.

to be honest i really can not see anyone with a brain who wasnt unfortunate enough to be born in the uk wanting to come here at all .the place is a violent snobbish backward dump in my opinion.

Whenever i see comments like that it just backs up my observation that generally people with left learning political views hate their country whilst the opposite seems true of the right.

Guess that would explains historically why left wing dictators practice genocide on their own people whilst right wing dictators practice it on other nations people.