Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewfiePrincess

What are some good books on 'the other side'?

7 posts in this topic

I recently read "The Other Side and Back" by Sylvia Browne, the psychic, and although I don't quite think she's for real in all areas, I did find the book absolutely fascinating. I would like to find some other good books on the other side, or on spirits/souls or stuff like that, and just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on good books. I'd like some personal opinions before I just drop money on something with an intriguing title. Thanks!

1 person likes this

Hi

I just finished reading "Many lives, Many Masters" by Brian Weiss. It deals with past life regression, souls, spirits. An amazing book in my opinion.

it's a true story too!

Jane Roberts: Seth speaks, the seth material

Messages from michael (can't remember author, sorry)

some of Litany Burns' works

some of Annie Besant's works

Edgar Cayce's stuff might interest you?

there's also some good books put out by the hare krishna's et al

some of that could be found online.. i'm sure you can find portions at least, so you can try before you buy

..they all seem to outline similar mechanics

Spook by Mary Roach is a really great book that focuses on a scientific approach to the other side. Her writing is fascinating enough to get you interested.

I recently read "The Other Side and Back" by Sylvia Browne, the psychic, and although I don't quite think she's for real in all areas, I did find the book absolutely fascinating. I would like to find some other good books on the other side, or on spirits/souls or stuff like that, and just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on good books. I'd like some personal opinions before I just drop money on something with an intriguing title. Thanks!

Not to be a killjoy or anything, but did you know there's a website 'Stop Sylvia Browne'?

http://stopsylvia.com/

She's done more harm than good.

i went and had a look at that site, Mercury_Lady

the guy has nothing conclusive on her, we've heard similar claims of that John Edwards fellow and even Alison DuBois being cranks.. i'm not sure what to make of all this.. especially that it's all on the TV's.. i mean, isn't the content of the psychics kind of anti-establishment to begin with? that life keeps going after death? that we have 'missions' in life.. i'd think these missions are more than just getting a house and a job and earning money... Alison also has some very suspicious earlier activity with various university research etc

some of the stuff the esoteric crowd endorses does work, i've fiddled with it myself, but if the accusations are true, and this is all just hocus pocus.. i still have to wonder... how are they doing it? how did i do it? ..i've also encountered psychics who knew things they couldn't possibly have known about me... you know what i mean?

something is definantly "out there"

i think i should have included the darn bible in the earlier reading list i posted...

One of the most read and appreciated books on the other side is of course:

"Things to do when you're dead."