Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Animal Planet TV crew capture yowie audio

bulldogzrep

Moneymaker, and animal planet should not even get attention on this forum.( negative or positive )

If you're going to wish you might as well wish big huh? :lol:

• Like 1

Go big or go home I say. :tu:

These idiots have way to much time on their hands and make a mockery of genuine Cryptozoology.When you buy your documentary package on cable or Sky you just don't expect this crap for your pound or dollar! Put it on the Sci-Fi or Fantasy Channel,or even better put it in the bin next to the bull **** editing machine.

I believe that is a oxymoron.....

Everything else I agree with 100% ......

• Like 1

when he gets interviewed again hes probably gonna say that he dropped the audio recording down a cliff or something

OMG your Avitar is disgusting !!! :cry:

I believe that is a oxymoron.....

Everything else I agree with 100% ......

A very astute observation Dr.Watson!

post-129264-0-26222900-1338357019_thumb.

• Like 1

Hmmm... now I'm more curious about the disgusting avatar... What was it?

Hmmm... now I'm more curious about the disgusting avatar... What was it?

It's an animated "stickman" macerating [ I said MACERATING ] himself to bits on his pc keyboard.

slave2fates avatar made me laugh outloud. erudite celts description of it also makes me laugh outloud. UM is fun. how long must we wait to hear this sound? september? october? and it might not be worth the wait? oh bother...

OMG your Avitar is disgusting !!! :cry:

:D It's just a comic representation I feel about debating with those that won't/can't use critical thought and computer use in general. An over-exaggeration if you will. :P

[media=]

[/media]

Could also have been red deer:

Top of the list by about 4000 decibels is a bone-chilling roar that once had my wife and I huddled in the far corner of our tent all night waiting to be disemboweled. We’d figured the creature outside must have been an escaped lion desperate for real flesh after a lifetime of zoo-issue soya-loaf. Many years later, and having since identified the embarrassing source of those appalling roars, I was consulted by some men – tough by bar-room standards – who’d also endured the same bellowing routine. They’d locked themselves in their ute for the night, waiting nervously with cocked rifles for claws and slavering teeth to rip the doors off their hinges. Miraculously living through their ordeal, they’d made all the logical Auzzie conclusions and attributed the atrocious aural adventure to a roving yowie.

On playing them a recording of the offender, none other than a rampant red deer bellowing across a reverberating valley (but not yet identifying the beast to them), they’d unanimously agreed that yes, indeed, it was a yowie call. But judging by the disbelief on their ashen faces when told what it was, I wondered what they were going to regret more…the annoying glitch in such a compelling pub yarn, or the amount of time they’d spent disinfecting the interior of their car for the sake of a big, bawling Bambi.

Male red deer (Cervus elaphus) roar and attempt copulation relentlessly between March and June. (Coincidence?)

Moaners & Screamers by Dr Steve Van Dyck, Senior Curator of Vertebrates at the Queensland Museum.

Seriously, it would be more of a shock if Finding Bigfoot came all this way to Australia and didn't claim any Yowie evidence/encounters...

Oh its most likely a koala

• Like 1

Moneymaker, and animal planet should not even get attention on this forum.( negative or positive )

The song "Money for Nothing" always comes to mind.

Like when I hear about another Adam Sandler movie.

Could also have been red deer:

Top of the list by about 4000 decibels is a bone-chilling roar that once had my wife and I huddled in the far corner of our tent all night waiting to be disemboweled. We’d figured the creature outside must have been an escaped lion desperate for real flesh after a lifetime of zoo-issue soya-loaf. Many years later, and having since identified the embarrassing source of those appalling roars, I was consulted by some men – tough by bar-room standards – who’d also endured the same bellowing routine. They’d locked themselves in their ute for the night, waiting nervously with cocked rifles for claws and slavering teeth to rip the doors off their hinges. Miraculously living through their ordeal, they’d made all the logical Auzzie conclusions and attributed the atrocious aural adventure to a roving yowie.

On playing them a recording of the offender, none other than a rampant red deer bellowing across a reverberating valley (but not yet identifying the beast to them), they’d unanimously agreed that yes, indeed, it was a yowie call. But judging by the disbelief on their ashen faces when told what it was, I wondered what they were going to regret more…the annoying glitch in such a compelling pub yarn, or the amount of time they’d spent disinfecting the interior of their car for the sake of a big, bawling Bambi.

Male red deer (Cervus elaphus) roar and attempt copulation relentlessly between March and June. (Coincidence?)

Moaners & Screamers by Dr Steve Van Dyck, Senior Curator of Vertebrates at the Queensland Museum.

Seriously, it would be more of a shock if Finding Bigfoot came all this way to Australia and didn't claim any Yowie evidence/encounters...

That is hilarious, imo. I am sure many restless nights camping in the bush are attributable to strange, unidentified sounds in the dark.

Edited by Habitat

Last night i heard an odd sound out side....it must of been bigfoot!!!!!! i think he was yoodling!!

Edited by MidKn13ght

Believer finds legends profitable

Matt Moneymaker: "I grew up in Hollywood and there are lots of people there who did well for themselves because they helped pioneer something offbeat. You knew from a young age that if you helped bring forward something and turned it into a big popular deal then you could make a living off that and have a lot more fun than being a doctor or lawyer."

Believer finds legends profitable

Matt Moneymaker: "I grew up in Hollywood and there are lots of people there who did well for themselves because they helped pioneer something offbeat. You knew from a young age that if you helped bring forward something and turned it into a big popular deal then you could make a living off that and have a lot more fun than being a doctor or lawyer."

Really catering to the entertainment aspect, than any kind of serious intent to inform. The modern documentary style programs are very heavily tilted in that direction, it is a case of what will sell, is what gets made.

The song "Money for Nothing" always comes to mind.

Like when I hear about another Adam Sandler movie.

When he said Moneymaker i thought: Oh god at long last a person who knows some others songs by the Black Keys :D

Edited by BorisIWantToKnow

Last night i heard an odd sound out side....it must of been bigfoot!!!!!! i think he was yoodling!!

If he does it again, get a dark blurry photo for us. We like those! :P Oh, and if you "can't" record the sound, that's okay too, just describe it for us! :tu:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have one of the greatest mimics in nature in Australia ......the Lyre Bird, and believe me they are incredible. I went walking deep into Jamison Valley in the Blue Mountains near Sydney a few years ago and heard someone coughing near by..... now we were the only people around for miles and miles........it was a load deep cough......repeated over and over....scared two shades of ****e out of me...............low and behold it was a Lyre Bird.

We have one of the greatest mimics in nature in Australia ......the Lyre Bird, and believe me they are incredible. I went walking deep into Jamison Valley in the Blue Mountains near Sydney a few years ago and heard someone coughing near by..... now we were the only people around for miles and miles........it was a load deep cough......repeated over and over....scared two shades of ****e out of me...............low and behold it was a Lyre Bird.

Yes, they are incredibly good at it, saw one recently on TV that sounded more like a chainsaw than the real thing !

Yeah the lyre birds are wicked. I can picture them hearing a 'yowie' then turning around to see a bird.