Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australia Has Prostitutes?

and-then

Yeah Australia has legal prostitution but only in a licensed brothel. The brothels aren't allowed to advertise either. Street walkers are illegal. To be honest I've never seen a street walking hooker, don't know of anyone here who has either.

I saw the article and it struck me funny somehow. I just never thought of prostitution being legal in the land of OZ. After thinking about it though, it makes perfect sense. If Australia is anything it's HONEST :w00t::tu:

• Like 1

I saw the article and it struck me funny somehow. I just never thought of prostitution being legal in the land of OZ. After thinking about it though, it makes perfect sense. If Australia is anything it's HONEST :w00t::tu:

Yeah it's not really spoken about or in the mainstream. I didn't even know it was legal until i was about 18 :tu:.

It's better than them walking dangerous streets for work IMO.

It's better than them walking dangerous streets for work IMO.

Meh... postmen do it every day.

(lol)

• Like 6

Meh... postmen do it every day.

(lol)

And they get dogs chasing them :w00t: , Postmen in Australia don't walk the streets they ride motorbikes, maybe they could do with their own 'brothel' to keep them safe off the streets lol.

• Like 1

Postmen in Australia don't walk the streets they ride motorbikes, maybe they could do with their own 'brothel' to keep them safe off the streets lol.

You have postmen on motorbikes going up and down stairs?

:unsure2:

its prostitution, its disgusting in every form.

It may be disgusting, but it shouldn't be illegal.

If its a crime, then who is the victim?

• Like 2

Post boxes in multistory residences are all outside the building on the footppath.

If its a crime, then who is the victim?

The entire human race is its victim. It turns people into commodities which is not the same at all as hiring a laborer. In time everyone will finally figure this out and accept it as truth, the same as most have that slavery is wrong even if a person sold themselves into slavery.

• Like 4

The entire human race is its victim. It turns people into commodities which is not the same at all as hiring a laborer. In time everyone will finally figure this out and accept it as truth, the same as most have that slavery is wrong even if a person sold themselves into slavery.

I don't think you can equate prostitution with slavery. There are many things that are sick/disgusting but legal.

There are people with feet fetishes who pay people to let them rub their feet. Should those people be arrested? is that the same as slavery? Not even close.

If it doesn't hurt/effect you in any way, why should you care?

Prostitution is only illegal in countries controlled by religious populations (like the USA) or religious governments (like Iran).

You support the right for a woman to get an abortion because its her body, but despise the same woman for making the choice to sleep with a man for money. This is a huge double standard.

Tell me the difference between paying a man/woman to; wash your car, rub your feet with oil, or have sex with you.

All are services provided by someone who has a choice of what they do with their lives and are trying to make some money.

As far as i can tell, no one is getting hurt, no one is forcing anyone into anything, no one is stealing from anyone, so where is the crime?

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't advocate for anyone to go into this line of work. It disgusts me as well and i couldn't imagine the appeal for either party. But there is no logical reason for it to be illegal.

• Like 2

Street walkers are illegal. To be honest I've never seen a street walking hooker, don't know of anyone here who has either.

I've seen them. When you see one (if you're driving) you need to honk your horn and yell out hooker...in case you didn't know. :tu:

• Like 4

Maybe some... Nah from house to house they ride small 110cc bikes.

Here's one crazy postie:

• Like 1

I have a couple of friends that work in the industry (both male and female).. they have no complaints.. one of them makes 10 grand a week doing it..

one of the most famous brothels in australia is in kalgoorlie (australia's first legal brothel) .. been there since the gold rush days..

Post boxes in multistory residences are all outside the building on the footppath.

Doh!.. I thought of that after posting but too late to edit. (pun purely coincidental.. lol)

I have a couple of friends that work in the industry (both male and female).. they have no complaints.. one of them makes 10 grand a week doing it..

one of the most famous brothels in australia is in kalgoorlie (australia's first legal brothel) .. been there since the gold rush days..

10 Grand a week! Man i'm in the wrong business.

Cheer up!.... you have self-respect and dignity, which are priceless. :)

• Like 1

its prostitution, its disgusting in every form.

I beg to differ with you on this one. I see prostitution as disgusting only if it is forced on someone, or when kids are involved, or when a person has no other choice but to take that as means of a livelihood. If a matured adult individual takes up prostitution as a choice, I don't see why it should be seen as disgusting. It's just a choice after all. Just because a person chooses to be a nun, it doesn't make her a saint, similarly, a prostitute shouldn't be seen as a disgusting individual. Also, there could be several different aspects to the same individual. A person is not always his or her profession. Unless, of course, a person decides to be some sort of a moral police, I don't see how prostitution as a choice could be deemed disgusting. Not everyone's views and their experiences are exactly the same, right? And there are about 7 billion people living in this world as of now. I guess, we just have to learn to live with people who may be different from us and perhaps also try be more tolerant and more compassionate towards the same.

• Like 2

Cheer up!.... you have self-respect and dignity, which are priceless. :)

So does she :) if you ever met her you would not pick her as a pro..

She is highly educated.. Used to do account managment and was paid extremely well doing it.. but in this. .she gets paid more.. less stress.. works in a nice establishment.. There are prostitutes and there are hookers.. hookers are you street walkers..

As she said.. she is getting paid for what she would normally get up to when going out to the clubs or pubs on the weekend.. :)

Nah, your male. That depreciates your services by about 99.9999999999999999%

Because men who want sex are not all too difficult to find for some reason..........................

I think Prostitution is a tricky business. I have met some strippers who say they would never demean themselves by prostituting their body to a man, and I have met a prostitute or two who say they would never demean themselves by spreading their legs in front of hundreds of jeering men out in public. They say it is much more dignified to have a discrete meeting and go behind closed doors with one person in private. Who is right? Are either? I happen to have an acquaintance who owns a stripper company.

I think people like Dingo Lingos friend are entitled to make their own decision, and if she is indeed making ten grand a week, and I do not doubt that, who is being used there? I would say, not the person making ten grand a week. Heck, that is good business, if one has the right mentality to get by in that industry, then one can make themselves very comfortable for life, I have heard many times of women who prostitute themselves and it pays for the penthouse, the fine car, and intense studies. One stripper I know has just about finished studying and will be a medical doctor in about 12 months.

What it comes down to I think is that if it is a personal decision from an informed person, then we have no right to stand in their way. I see that as interfering with business. If prostitution is coerced, forced or duped, that should be regarded a serious crime with a harsh penalty. And I honestly do not believe that it would be all that hard hard to distinguish the two.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2