Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hobbits of North Caucasus

Big Bad Voodoo

Religion is part of man's historical need to create answers for things not understood, part of man's need to control others, and part of man's need to be a member of a similar thinking group of people.

The Bible or the Qur'an are no history books: they were created to convey some ideological message.

And as we all know, as soon as idiology shows up, facts go out of the window.

+++

EDIT:

Another thing: if I post something skeptical in a religion/belief oriented forum here, my post will be moved to another forum, or it will be edited.

If some religious person posts a tome here, we all must listen and be respectful.

And then we have to read drivel about why God/Allah/Joe Hovey said this and that, and that science is made up by a bunch of lying s.o.a.b.s who oppose 'the true word of God'.

It's the 21st century now, and after 2000 years of religious indoctrination I think I am allowed to say: enough of it.

Science is also mans way of 'trying' to explain the unknown. Many times they rebuttle to completely rekindle their thoughts and theories. Religion is mankinds way of worshipping a higher being or deity. ALL such thinking differ in MANY ways. That means only that man has made more mistakes. God has nothing to do with these decisions, nor does he necessarily support the outcome, especially when it comes down to kill, kill, hate, hate, murder, murder, mutilate... which is most of the time, when war is the bottom line. Controlling the innocent, hurting and murdering others is a FALSE religion, mayming the likes of the truth. DO NOT be deceived, nor sum up the truth because of the likes of those who are no more than hypocrites and lying hateful vermin in history, call themselves whatever they want, so what? When the time comes they'll pay the price as well.

God lets us make our own mistakes, free will is our decision and the outcome is NOT necessarily God's will, but our own making. God wills us to love one another, be fruitfull and multiply, do unto others as we would them us, and look forward to a day where a hundred a twenty years is like a drop in the bucket in reference to eternity.

I myself am FAR from any angel, nor near a perfect human. This is the way with everyone. To mistake is human nature. So don't blame God for all the terrible things mankind does to one another. That's just naive, and wrong. Attesting to a means to end to such ways of the world is true forgiveness. Doing whatever you please and then asking for forgiveness, only clears away the debt if one is REALLY sorry. Going back and acting in any fashion to please the same way of living is only proof that one was NOT truly sorry. There will be NO forgiveness to such ways.

What and some of these 'giant' legends and hobbit ideas are credible proof. Give me a break. The Bible is a written documentation of stories and legends from many ancient pasts. Believing it or accepting it for what it says is a personal right and opinion. It most certainly is every bit as much a speculative comparison to the mythical legends you and Abe seem to come up with, and much MORE debatable in depth, not that I am. This thread is speculating on an obvious UNKNOWN phenomena, so spare me the 'known facts' nonsense. I merely suggested an idea, and did no more than compare it to historical documentation. You just don't like it, well that's what debate is, right?

I don't think giants or hobbits exist or ever have and I don't believe these are 'homes' or anything like that.

Most people on here are trying to give reasonable answers for what these dolmens could be used for. We know the standard answer being that they were used for tombs or burial chambers. But brain-storming the subject can give good ideas too.

But to jump straight to the bible every time to explain history gets us nowhere.

I don't think giants or hobbits exist or ever have and I don't believe these are 'homes' or anything like that.

Most people on here are trying to give reasonable answers for what these dolmens could be used for. We know the standard answer being that they were used for tombs or burial chambers. But brain-storming the subject can give good ideas too.

But to jump straight to the bible every time to explain history gets us nowhere.

I simply suggested that these 'dolmen' were forges for bending the elements of the earth into iron. You know MY opinion on the tools that existed in later years, such as for building temples structures and even pyramid formations...This being 'fringe' as so many call it just because all such remains have and would have so beyond a shadow of a doubt become reused AND then later STILL rusted away, anyway... Ask yourself this much, is this not a debatable subject, am I not on subject??? My recollection of the Bible was just to point out that it claimed as well that in the ancient times forges of iron existed. Get over the religion crisis of your own phsycoanalysis and at least HEAR what I'm saying. AND furthermore I will consult and quote from the Bilbe anytime when and if I feel like it, get it...

Edited by Time Spy

I could see these being forges, but certainly wouldn't the insides of the stones and the ground show the effects of the heat used in forging? I don't believe a single one of the dolmens shown shows any signs of heat.

If you are talking non-heat related mystical forging of iron, I'd very much like to see even a Youtube video showing that process. Otherwise, I'm forced to not believe that it is a real process.

• 7 months later...

a safe house where they could hide the children in case of animal attack or rival tribe?

• Like 1

a safe house where they could hide the children in case of animal attack or rival tribe?

Why not use Occam s razor in this case? :tu:

Why not use Occam s razor in this case? :tu:

Thanks but I already shaved this morning :D (joke)

(seriously) very true. But I wonder how much we know about that culture...

This is just flying a kite. So, let it be presumed the dolmen are tombs. The bodies are either cremated or left somewhere to rot, then what is left is put into tomb through the hole. Quite feasable I think. Now, perhaps the hole is small so that though it is possible to put the human remains and offerings inside, it is not possible for the remains to become, by supernatural means, a complete body again and escape to terrorise everybody. There is a sort of analogy to burial mounds in northern Europe being opened by frightened relatives of the dead, who then destroy the bodies so they cannot live again, as elves.

BTW, first time I saw this thread, so to reply to very first post about Krasnodar. Originally it was Ekaterinodar, Katherine's gift, as city was founded by Katherine the Great. After revolution it was renamed Krasnodar, Red Gift, or if you wish, Gift of the Reds. But of course it can also be said as Beautiful Gift

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's really interesting, you never know what's out there considering that the majority of people either live in Cities/Suburbs or along major landmarks, roads, rivers and the ocean.