Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Devil Inside

msmike1

Well, I finally watched The Devil Inside last night and I must say that it sucked. Plain and simple, it was a twin of all the other horror movies that have come out in the last 5 yrs or so, save a very few, and it sucked. It started off pretty good, and then just went to crap, with no straight plot, the movie jumped all over the place and completely left the only interesting subject in the film and went stray left. The middle of the movie was a jumble mess of crap and the ending, well, lets just say after it ended I wanted to go find the director and put my foot in a very uncomfortable place of his. Can nobody make a good horror film anymore? Especially a film about possesion. Come on people, if you make a film about possesion you are going up against the original exorcist so you better make it damn good. Unfortunately this was the run of the mill piece of turd that had a really good trailer to draw audiences and once they had your money it didn't matter what the actual movie was about.

Mike

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• msmike1

• star.seed

• Biff Wellington

• Ecto76

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to downlo... err, rent this movie & the reviews for it said it was complete garbagwe. Not that reviews matter much to me. I just recently watched A Haunting in Connecticut & it came highly suggested by many... it sucked. I would love to find just one Paranormal/Horror worth watching but all I get are the same recommendations, The Exorcist (who hasn't seen that) & Paranormal Activity (Why did I see that). Oh well. Maybe one day.

horror movies for many these days mean zombies and psychotic or mutated by toxic waste cannibals. There is NO movie out there that is chilling, gripping and good enough to scare the bezeus out of one. I settled for movies not-so-scary now. There is this one movie I kind of liked, it's called The Shrine. Not great or brilliant but you can give it a try....

If you want good horror of any genre you have to look outside the U.S. Horror in the U.S. is trash. Very few films in this genre in this country are worth two seconds of my time. They suck. Good trailers to draw the audience in, and once they have your money, well, who cares if people like it or not. That and when they do accidentally stumble upon something that is decent, it's fate is to suffer 15 sequels, example would be saw 1 through 47. Don't they have 47 of those now? I can't say as I blame the film studios. I mean the people in this country are incredibly gullible and will pay for almost anything so why not make a piece of trash movie and then turn around and make 600 million dollars off of it and the 32 sequels? Other countries get it, they get how to scare people, disturb people and most importantly entertain people for a couple of hours. With the quality of horror coming out of this country lately I would be surprised if these writers and directors get how to wipe themselves much less how to make a movie.

Mike

If you want good horror of any genre you have to look outside the U.S. Horror in the U.S. is trash. Very few films in this genre in this country are worth two seconds of my time. They suck. Good trailers to draw the audience in, and once they have your money, well, who cares if people like it or not. That and when they do accidentally stumble upon something that is decent, it's fate is to suffer 15 sequels, example would be saw 1 through 47. Don't they have 47 of those now? I can't say as I blame the film studios. I mean the people in this country are incredibly gullible and will pay for almost anything so why not make a piece of trash movie and then turn around and make 600 million dollars off of it and the 32 sequels? Other countries get it, they get how to scare people, disturb people and most importantly entertain people for a couple of hours. With the quality of horror coming out of this country lately I would be surprised if these writers and directors get how to wipe themselves much less how to make a movie.

Mike

I do agree to that...most of the movies these days they slap with the horror tag is just trash. And sequels just kills it all...uncreative much..!! Whereas korean and japanese horror movies are different but creative....

I liked it... I've seen just about almost every "Paranormal" or "Demonic" movie. The critics rated the ending to be the worst ending ever. But then again, I don't listen to the critics. I've ended up liking a lot of movies the critics hated. Out of a scale of 1 - 10 I give it a 6 1/2. Granted they were not the best actors in the world, but I thought the effort was just enough for the type of movie it was.

You have to understand the direction of the film maker. Are they going for something realistic or hollywood? I thought it was more toward the realistic side. As if they wanted to tell you about people training to become exorcists. It was a definition and examination if it was a medical condition or something that was truly demonic and possessing these people.

If you liked the Devil Inside go check out Apartment 143!

:tu: