Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mermaids: The Body Found

Keel M.

I can't believe it was a mocumentary.. I actually believed it was real, my world has just collapsed! Wish I never read this thread :( silly me.

images.jpeg

It's just that the producer achieved his goal. In interviews, he said he wanted it to appear as real as possible.

I am sure he would take your comment as a huge compliment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please give me the name of the actor that played Dr. Paul Robertson? I have been able to find on websites the name of the actor who played Paul Robertson in the imbedded "dramatic reenactments" of events, but not the one who narrated the show as "Dr. Paul Robertson." I have found it impossible so far to ID this person.

Dr. Paul Roberston is played by Andre Weideman

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1816585/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

I'm sure there are some 'Paul Robertsons' out there with doctorates, but the man on this show was Andre the Actor. There is no 'actual' Dr. Roberston.

• 1 month later...

I believe the show was real and believe the animal, whatever it is, is real.

Are you serious? It's fake:

After the airing, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration had to release an official statement putting it, in unequivocal terms, "No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found."

some one please give me a few hundred million dollars so i can go and do some real research .. i ll sail all the oceans and search for mermaids !

some one please give me a few hundred million dollars so i can go and do some real research .. i ll sail all the oceans and search for mermaids !

Hell, buy me a nice boat, pay for fuel, and $60,000 a year and I will do it.....No need for Millions here.

They out and out admitted it was fake, even had disclaimers.

Didn't help that all of the actors apparently went to the William Shatner School of Drama.

So many... dramatic... pauses!

Didn't help that all of the actors apparently went to the William Shatner School of Drama.

So many... dramatic... pauses!

They are probably based off of the Tsoukalos guy.

I can't believe people were dumb enough to believe this story and the megladon story that kicked off shark week.ople need to get out more.

I've never watched this documentary, but now I'm actually curious and want to watch it. I wonder what made so many people believe it was genuine.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen this?

Its part of the semi-sequel to Body Found. Even has the same actors.

Look! It's Orson Welles! Over there! Isn't that P.T. Barnum?

I downloaded this and couldn't last longer than 5 minutes watching it. The acting was utterly horrific, an abomination of a show that should never. Ever. Have been made.

• Like 1

I downloaded this and couldn't last longer than 5 minutes watching it. The acting was utterly horrific, an abomination of a show that should never. Ever. Have been made.

I totally agree I was cringing at the acting skills.how the hell people thought this was real is beyond me

I believe that you lack basic comprehension skills and don't understand what "fake" means.

• Like 1

I believe that you lack basic comprehension skills and don't understand what "fake" means.

It's a lack of critical thinking skills, actually.

It's a lack of critical thinking skills, actually.

I was referring to the fact that multiple posters reported the fact that the show itself had multiple disclaimers that it was, in fact, not true.

But you are also correct.