Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US soldiers charged with murder

Talon

US soldiers charged with murder

Two American soldiers have been charged with the premeditated murder of three Iraqi civilians, the US military says.

The men have been named as Michael Williams and Brent May, both members of the 1st Cavalry division.

The US military says no further information will be released, as the army's Criminal Investigation Division is still looking into the case.

US military investigators have launched several probes into the wrongful deaths of Iraqis since last year's invasion.

Some have been related to the deaths of prisoners, others to civilians killed during US military operations.

One British soldier also faces a murder charge, in connection with the death of a civilian near Basra last year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3680530.stm

Great way boost the coalitions image guys thumbsup.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Celumnaz

• Fluffybunny

• BurnSide

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok soldiers, we are going over to Iraq to destroy the enemy. We don't know which one is the enemy, and they are more than likely going to try and kill you as soon as possible.

make sure you don't shoot the wrong one, otherwise you might get sent to prison for the rest of your life...

rolleyes.gif

I'm with Fluffy, this is kinda silly.

What's the difference between an Iraqi terrorist, and an Iraqi civilian? How do you know who to shoot? Get the wrong one and get charged!? Come on.

There's bad people everywhere. If they're really guilty, glad they're being punished.

I don't know why this is bad for the coalitions image. There are bad people everywhere, that should be obvious I think? Maybe not, but anyway there are. And we hold them accountable, unlike many of those that are not with us in Iraq.

I guess we just made those not with us in the coalition look bad, again.

Ok soldiers, we are going over to Iraq to destroy the enemy. We don't know which one is the enemy, and they are more than likely going to try and kill you as soon as possible.

make sure you don't shoot the wrong one, otherwise you might get sent to prison for the rest of your life...

I think we need to more on the situation before saying that. I mean it says 'premeditated', which would imply they knew it wa civilians they were shooting, not just comming under attack and killed a few people in the cross fire... that kinda thing happens all the time.

rolleyes.gif

276170[/snapback]

I agree.

My guess is that if they are being charged, they shot (or are suspected of shooting) someone who they knew was an innocent civilian. If that is not the case, and it was simply a wartime mistake, how can you send them to prison for life?