Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earthquakes in Italy, I predicted them both?

angelang

I am new here, i hope there are others out there who understand..

I am half Italian, the night before the 1st quake, I dreamed I was in a house shaking, people around me were shouting earthquake! i vividly remember looking out a window seeing cracks in the ground and pipes underneath.

I wake up next day with the news that there was a major earthquake in Ferrara, Italy. I had chills remembering my dream and seeing the footage on tv with cracks similar to the ones in my dream.

A Coincedence I thought?

Then.. this morning I woke up stark, looked at my clock it was exactly 8:00am. I then fell asleep and I dreamed my dad was running out off the phone to tell me Italy is in danger, It is falling apart and I was crying.

I woke up feeling rather strange about 10. Before my mum left the house I told her of my strange dream, and in my head thought imagine it came true like last time, nahh no way it wouldnt possibly be a sign.

My friend who is coming with me to Italy in 5 weeks text me saying 'I'm scared, just heard the news 10 people dead in Italy!!' There was another earthquake at 9:00am in Italy, now they are an hour ahead of us, so when i looked at the clock in bed it would have been when it struck..and then i dreamed it as it must have been happening :/

I don't know what to make of it, maybe im being silly, but my mum tells me not to tell people such things as they would be all, 'wtf' weirdoo,

she says she sometimes dreams things too. And I have predicted things before in dreams, althought small things, never something like this! I am only 18.

Well, like your mom says, it's no use telling anyone about it, as you'll be ignored anyway. Pretty interesting, but just one of those weird things that I doubt anyone can figure out with you.

Have you had dreams about other things happening, or are earthquakes your only thing?

It is a shame that people dont have these dreams well in advance, can name the place, the date and the time and therefore possibly warn those in danger and save lives. Maybe they would not be believed, but it is worth a try at least!

It is always after the event that people come forward and say....yes, I predicted that!.

No offence meant to the OP. Just saying :)

Yeah exactly! usually its the night before it happens, and not exactly very informative on place names..

no never earthquakes, i dreamed of a tornado once when i was younger, and there was one 2 days later in the US somewhere..

no usually just simple things like in my dream I will do something, then the next day it will happen, one of my favourites was a handsome guy approaching me who I had seen on holiday and never spoke to, and in the dream we went a walk and were aside each other talking. I then was on his facebook in the dream and he had albums called 'dates with girls'. I woke up like weirrd!

Next day, my last day of the holiday, he asks me my name, and after a while says 'i take you to facebook' and we add each other on facebook and he asked me if I wanted to go a walk that night...

When I returned home, on his facebook, I realised he is a bit of eyecandy to girls, and this 'dates with girls' was the sign for this I think :)

Hello There Angelang ..

Well From What I've Read You Would Be Useful To Be Around :P

Anyway, Next Time You Dream Of Something Like That, I Suggest You Post It On Here ASAP .. Maybe You Can Save Someone's Life :)

I have this classmate of mine who once told me that he can predict deaths. I dont know if I should believe him though. Maybe He is just messing with me.

There is scientific evidence that can predict mass human grief before it happens. Check out http://noosphere.princeton.edu/resonance.html

My idea behind this is that time is a fictional concept used to understand our perception of the world. I believe that our dreams are the other things that can release us from a human vision/limited perception in such a way that allows us to see space timelessly. For this reason, I can definitely be with you on the idea that you may be able to predict something before it happens.

But before you claim that you are a fortune teller (you are, don't worry), you have to understand the very valid argument of randomness. Consider how many people dream every night, and how many different events occur daily. Your dream could just have been random chance, as it does not consistently predict everything. And I'm sure there are more drastic events that have occurred in your life that your dreams have not predicted. I don't want to burst your bubble, and don't ever give up on the power of your dreams. It's just nice to understand both sides

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there's reasons why you dreamt of it. Of course you can't prevent it or save anyone else... than yourself and in your case your friend as well... I mean big chances are I wouldn't go to that trip if I was you :(

It wasn't just one earthquake in short period of time I'm I right? When did the first one happened? Would be enough to convince me not to go, and even though another earthquake may not happen during that trip, maybe something else would.

In my case when I was lil girl I'd dream of houses on fire and lil things that would happen right after, very next day, or while I was dreaming of it. It was very detailed but yes didn't help anyone lol.

I would think that it can be warnings of more dangers coming that you can avoid or simply an "exercise" with the message telling you "Oh hi! hey look, you have this gift, this was a proof of it, now learn to use it" :)

Edited by Kayoh