Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

students capture images of Bigfoot in Idaho?

sean6

Would be awesome if they had the damn audio on the video, that way we could listen for call outs for the thing across the valley to move.

Another great reason why this is a hoax! Most video cameras have audio capability and if you were a "serious" BIG Foot chaser you would realize that with years and years of shaky videos with no audio that they would at least have made the video look good? You can easily attach a parabolic microphone dish to anything these days. I was also cautious with this in the first place due to "STUDENTS" that were behind this video.

I think Big Foot chasers go about this all wrong.

If I were a serious Big Foot hunter this is how I would go about it >

High Definition Video Cameras ( with sound recording capability )

Full Spectrum Photography ( helps dictate and improve detail in a photo )

Full Spectrum Video

Parabolic Microphone Dish

Tri-Pods

FLIR

Motion cameras ( trap cameras )

Motion detectors within a large perimeter

Laser Grids ( you can detect a large object if it blocks out any of the grid lines ) But I would use red solid lines that are visible.

A Helicopter for scanning higher ground

Use nets to trap and catch it

Video and Photography also have X-Ray technology, not sure if that would be handy

Use a dart gun that can put it to sleep without killing it.

:tu:

I think Bigfoot, if it ever existed, is extinct by now.

I saw WEREWOLVES!!!!! I'm tellinya, them there things is WEREWOLVES!!!!

Just kidding, can't tell what it is. Bigfoot is becoming the new Orb!!!

I had the feeling I was being watched. Guess my bear skin cloak may not be the greatest idea.

Second, how did it know to walk away just as he zoomed in to film it?

A trifling quibble, Bigfoot is obviously telepathic.... :P

It's an Ewok! :w00t:

All these comments about high school hoax or publicity hounding don't fit with the photographer. He's shunned the publicity and wouldn't let the interviewer show his face.

If any hoax was played, it was on them too.

Not convinced at all,the footprint doesn't look real at all to me.

This looks staged to me..Bring me DNA and i will believe. :yes:

Hunters must set up game tracking camera's all over the US and Canada,yet nothing seems to crop up.

It wouldn't matter if a tracking camera did pick up a bigfoot on film travelling through the forests of the northwest or any other place for that matter.

The footage would be subject to the same criticism that is apparent in this thread towards the "student's" bigfoot footage. There would still be no DNA or any other secondary evidence of the bigfoot's existence, just a picture of an animal that looks like one.

Let's face the facts here, folks. Picture, video, or even audio recordings are no longer sufficient to rid others of their skepticism towards the existence of what you (as in someone who saw the bigfoot with their own eyes) saw. There needs to be DNA evidence, multiple expert witnesses, and plenty of corroborating physical evidence, such as nests or tools (if bigfoots, if they exist, are that advanced) to even begin to be taken seriously.

Edited by H.H. Holmes

I agree, with snow on the ground you would think theyd find more than one perfect print. Too perfect it looks like. The figure seems to be a bit blotchy, maybe its just the zooming and video quality. It just doesnt look proper the way it moves theough the bushes. Almost like its behind one istant and overtop the next. Its so slight an image even zoomed I find it surprising it would have even been noticed to zoom in on. It reminds me of another video on awhile ago that was the PG film creture superimposed on a different setting. That one was more obvious but this one could be the same idea.

Maybe the high school project was make a hoax bigfoot film

Hi Vitruvian and Shadow134.

You are both correct. The footprint appears to have been imprinted straight down onto the snow. There is no suggestion of a walking movement, ie, there is no impression of where the heel would dig into the snow and no impression of where the toe area would push off for the next step. You try walking barefoot in snow and leaving an impression like that. Even walking 'flat-footed' where the heel connects to the ground at the same time as the rest of the foot, there is still movement of the toes when pushing off to take the next step!

As has also been said, this is in snow. Where are the other footprints. There should be a whole trail of them, which should have been photographed giving the length of stride. Even students should know to photograph such evidence.

I have no doubt that this is a hoax purely for the simple reasons outlined above. Not just because it was a bunch of students. :)

• Like 1

DNA will be the concrete proof that's needed. Even if someone got great footage and stands by his/her story, people will think it's a hoax. The Roger Paterson film at Bluff Creek California back in the late 60's is contreversial and it's the best footage of a Bigfoot. Bob Heironimus claimed he was the one in an ape suit and that Roger Patterson was going to pay him for the stunt where Robert Gimlin (Roger Patterson's partner) to this day claims that it was real.

Overwhelming evidence...

There are a large number of park rangers/biologists routinely using very sophisticated remote imaging and audio recording equipment to record deep forest activity. Yet, from these credible sources, I am unaware of any research supportive of bigfoot.

There are a large number of park rangers/biologists routinely using very sophisticated remote imaging and audio recording equipment to record deep forest activity. Yet, from these credible sources, I am unaware of any research supportive of bigfoot.

This is my argument as well,to date i have not seen any credible evidence what so ever.

And this latest video just increases my skepticism even more.

Photos of footprints and blurry videos just won't cut it.

We need a body, be it dead or alive.

But fear not! "Finding Bigfoot" and the intrepid BFRO crew are on the job! They'll get to the bottom of this mystery!

LMFAO!

Wow. Again we get shockingly bad footage of what could be (but won't) of a living mystery. Anyone would think it's going to end up being a fraudulent bit of nonsense.

Come on! This may just be me, but if I saw something like this yomping across a forest glade, I'd be off in pursuit to get as much evidence as was possible! Okay, that might be a bad idea, but still...

To strengthen my point of view a bit more...with the technology that hunters use and the average person can get a hold of a lot of advanced hunting technology why can't they capture irrefutable proof of Big Foot? The videos are always shaky, never taped in high def and always seem to be at the right place at the right time??? The next time you go to video a supposed Big Foot in action... USE A DAMN TRI-POD!!!

Technology will never be able to capture evidence of bigfoot that is irrefutable and a body will never be found because of just one simple fact - I just don't think there is any such thing. Its the only explanation that makes any sense. I'd love to be wrong of course. It just doesn't seem likely. ALL THESE YEARS and no bigfoot body? Its just so farfetched.

African mountain gorilla: scientifically cataloged less than 100 years ago.

Always believed in Bigfoot/Yeti/Snowman.

Despite, there being an undeniable lack in well invested, credible, capable, scientists, zoologists, or just people with a camera out looking for them; I say there's more proof they do exist, than don't.

Why do people even reply to these threads if all they're going to do is scream that the video is fake and criticize everything? You know, it was probably blurry for a reason. I doubt very seriously that they knew they were going to see whatever they saw so it's not like they could set up a Chris Nolan shot of it. People and their cynicism on this site are extremely annoying. People claim that they want pictures and photos but when they do get it they claim that its fake. Hell, I bet if a body did show up people would find some way to discredit it.

Why do people even reply to these threads if all they're going to do is scream that the video is fake and criticize everything? You know, it was probably blurry for a reason. I doubt very seriously that they knew they were going to see whatever they saw so it's not like they could set up a Chris Nolan shot of it. People and their cynicism on this site are extremely annoying. People claim that they want pictures and photos but when they do get it they claim that its fake. Hell, I bet if a body did show up people would find some way to discredit it.

Welcome, yours is a very common question.

For me (a skeptic), I'd have to answer why reply to these threads if all you are going to scream is "evidence!".

Imo, I think amid the sarcasm (me, the worst offender) and the humor (much appreciated :yes: ), the other skeptics on here make excellent points and show they do critically examine the offerings.

And as orangepeaceful79 posted, several of us would love to be proven wrong. But the pickin's are slim to none.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

The true believers will say that a body hasn't been found because these animals are so secretive, yet the majority of the eyewitness accounts and alleged video footage seems to indicate that bigfoot exists in close proximity to humans. You can't have it both ways. I would truly love to know that these creatures were real and roaming about our wilderness areas, (particularly since I live in the city) but It just doesn't make sense. The bigfoot legend is nothing more than that, a legend.

People reply to these threads in either the positive or the negative. Either they believe an account of an event and the alleged evidence of it, or they dont.

If they just reply that it is rubbish or faked, then yes....annoying. but if they disagree (or agree) with the alleged evidence and say why they disagree, then it is a way forward for everyone.

You cannot expect all to agree. That will never happen. As you say, even if a body turned up there would be those screaming ''Fake!''

But those of us who look at things logically, realistically scientifically, and at times, with experience and knowledge in certain fields such as photography, shoe/foot impressions, photoshop programs and their effects to name but a few, we tend to give an honest opinion with a reason why we reached that opinion

This is an open forum and it should remain as such. If only those who believed everything that appeared on Youtube to be the real thing were allowed to post it would be a very boring forum indeed.

I agree completely with QuiteContrary on everything he has said. Including the fact that sometimes humourous replies are welcome. The world needs debate on these matters. It also , at times, needs cheering up a little :).

edit......This post was in reply to CCS :) The system didnt work for me this time :P

Edited by Englishgent

I'm not too sure about this video but the videos found in this site is much more believable. http://www.sylvanic.com

I believe these animals do exist but can be quite elusive. We only need to take a glimpse of existing animals and how highly social animals behave.

Take for example, ants. They are extremely social and live and depend on their colonies. They move their dead to certain places. You can even see it live in action if you were to put a bunch of ants into an ant farm. They do carry their dead.

http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/ants-and-their-dead/

So why can't the same assumption be made of "Bigfoot". They must carry their dead somewhere safe or hide them well guarded and away from prying eyes to remain so elusive. These animals would seem to be smart and definitely smarter than the average ape.

I'm not too sure about this video but the videos found in this site is much more believable. http://www.sylvanic.com

I believe these animals do exist but can be quite elusive. We only need to take a glimpse of existing animals and how highly social animals behave.

Take for example, ants. They are extremely social and live and depend on their colonies. They move their dead to certain places. You can even see it live in action if you were to put a bunch of ants into an ant farm. They do carry their dead.

http://indianapublic...and-their-dead/

So why can't the same assumption be made of "Bigfoot". They must carry their dead somewhere safe or hide them well guarded and away from prying eyes to remain so elusive. These animals would seem to be smart and definitely smarter than the average ape.

They would have to be smarter than the average human to have evaded capture (either on film or alive) for this length of time. (ok, I know this wouldn't be hard to achieve lol)

Also, if they carry off their dead to be buried, hidden or whatever one would have to assume there were quite a few of them out there. Yet nobody has ever come across anything that could be considered a place where bigfoot might live or even hide their dead. Where is this community of bigfoots? Enough people have been out there looking but have never come back with any tangible evidence. :)