Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

students capture images of Bigfoot in Idaho?

sean6

ooooookkkkkkk!!!!!

ooooookkkkkkk!!!!!

Bigfoot does not have the behavior of a large animal in a temperate climate. We should be able to find Bigfoot dens -- a 7-8 foot animal requires a significant amount of space to sleep .

Here in the Northwest there isn't enough vegetation during the winter to keep large animals alive. That's why bears eat like crazy during autumn and then hibernate. If Bigfoot isn't migratory, it has to hibernate to live through the winter.

They should be competing with bears for food and territory. Large animals like bears require a lot of food. We should see Bigfoot hunting or fishing or at least gathering continuously during the summer. No one has ever reported seeing Bigfoot doing anything but walking or running away.

Why do people even reply to these threads if all they're going to do is scream that the video is fake and criticize everything? You know, it was probably blurry for a reason. I doubt very seriously that they knew they were going to see whatever they saw so it's not like they could set up a Chris Nolan shot of it. People and their cynicism on this site are extremely annoying. People claim that they want pictures and photos but when they do get it they claim that its fake. Hell, I bet if a body did show up people would find some way to discredit it.

I think some do it out of a civic duty to spread the Truth. Some do it for entertainment. Some because they are sheeple. Some because they honestly have a valid scientific point to make.

I do agree that the post that says, "Totalz FakEs Dude! XX $" are really annoying. Anyone that reponds in the negative should post why they think it is fake.

They would have to be smarter than the average human to have evaded capture (either on film or alive) for this length of time. (ok, I know this wouldn't be hard to achieve lol)

Also, if they carry off their dead to be buried, hidden or whatever one would have to assume there were quite a few of them out there. Yet nobody has ever come across anything that could be considered a place where bigfoot might live or even hide their dead. Where is this community of bigfoots? Enough people have been out there looking but have never come back with any tangible evidence. :)

Maybe that is why their footprints are always so deep.... They are continually carrying off their dead.

Bigfoot does not have the behavior of a large animal in a temperate climate. We should be able to find Bigfoot dens -- a 7-8 foot animal requires a significant amount of space to sleep .

Here in the Northwest there isn't enough vegetation during the winter to keep large animals alive. That's why bears eat like crazy during autumn and then hibernate. If Bigfoot isn't migratory, it has to hibernate to live through the winter.

They should be competing with bears for food and territory. Large animals like bears require a lot of food. We should see Bigfoot hunting or fishing or at least gathering continuously during the summer. No one has ever reported seeing Bigfoot doing anything but walking or running away.

Well, bear populations are rising everywhere, so there must be some extra food out there.

As far as I know, the Elk don't hibernate, the Deer don't hibernate, the Cougars don't hibernate, the Coyotes don't hibernate, the Bighorn sheep don't hibernate, the Pronghorn don't hibernate, the Bison don't hibernate, the wild Hogs don't hibernate. Domestic cattle, pigs and horses don't have to hibernate.

Wild hogs, elk, cougars, coyotes and wolves don't have a fixed den. They only den up to raise their young.

Still I agree we should see bigfoot about as often as we see cougars... oh, wait.. maybe we do. It is just that we've never found a bigfoot body or caught one.

I think bigfoot would do just fine in the Pacific Northwest, if it was a real animal.

Well, bear populations are rising everywhere, so there must be some extra food out there.

Yes, we are killing fewer of them. These rising populations would compete with Bigfoot if it existed.

As far as I know, the Elk don't hibernate, the Deer don't hibernate, the Cougars don't hibernate, the Coyotes don't hibernate, the Bighorn sheep don't hibernate, the Pronghorn don't hibernate, the Bison don't hibernate, the wild Hogs don't hibernate. Domestic cattle, pigs and horses don't have to hibernate.

These animals instinctively huddle together or find shelter during the winter. Which one of these animals is more like Bigfoot than a bear?

I think bigfoot would do just fine in the Pacific Northwest, if it was a real animal.

It would do fine if we saw it collecting food in some way. No one has ever seen this.

Boring. All these far away shots and students/people capturing footage/photo is getting old. This is why I've dropped Bigfoot from my interest list.

Funny you bring that up. I love it when I watch MonsterQuest bigfoot/sasquatch/grassman episodes and they bring up ridiculous situations. There was one which I think was the "Snowbeast Slaughter" episode where they were investigating the mountains somewhere. Two of the researchers found a tiny mineshaft entrance with cave that would be around the size of the inside of an average sedan-model car, and they suggested that it could be where the Bigfoot sleeps....

Funny you bring that up. I love it when I watch MonsterQuest bigfoot/sasquatch/grassman episodes and they bring up ridiculous situations. There was one which I think was the "Snowbeast Slaughter" episode where they were investigating the mountains somewhere. Two of the researchers found a tiny mineshaft entrance with cave that would be around the size of the inside of an average sedan-model car, and they suggested that it could be where the Bigfoot sleeps....

Or any animal. They didn't find any hair which Bigfoot would have certainly left and it didn't have a mailbox with "Bigfoot" on it. ;)

African mountain gorilla: scientifically cataloged less than 100 years ago.

Always believed in Bigfoot/Yeti/Snowman.

Despite, there being an undeniable lack in well invested, credible, capable, scientists, zoologists, or just people with a camera out looking for them; I say there's more proof they do exist, than don't.

Well show this proof then.

I'm not too sure about this video but the videos found in this site is much more believable. http://www.sylvanic.com

I believe these animals do exist but can be quite elusive. We only need to take a glimpse of existing animals and how highly social animals behave.

Take for example, ants. They are extremely social and live and depend on their colonies. They move their dead to certain places. You can even see it live in action if you were to put a bunch of ants into an ant farm. They do carry their dead.

http://indianapublic...and-their-dead/

So why can't the same assumption be made of "Bigfoot". They must carry their dead somewhere safe or hide them well guarded and away from prying eyes to remain so elusive. These animals would seem to be smart and definitely smarter than the average ape.

Funny, I think we have gone full circle 3 times now on this sylvanic crap....It is a proven hoax.......I do not know what is so hard about investigating things on the internet, and reading...Google man, google....Or is it easier to just believe by faith alone?

Normally I would just let this fly , most of the time the important replies seem to be ignored....This " Sylvanic " thing is the BIGGEST fraud out there , and if anyone is serious about Bigfoot , they should do everything possible to get rid of this crap from the net.It only hurts the " legend " even more.What really makes me sick , is how crooked people make money off of this , and hard working honest people ( me included ) can not find jobs to pay their bills and rent.

Below is more than enough to show this is the biggest fraud that is still being read , I hope at least a few people take the time to read this , and pass it on....

I urge everyone to read the link ( s ) below , they have solid proof that this is a hoax....I am adding a few quotes also that I feel are important.......

Conclusion

For generating stories with consistently and constantly with lack of any supporting evidence with the exception of an alleged video of something shaking a tree, a "Blobsquatch" video, and now putting forth a picture, an obvious hoax, which neither the picture nor the story yields any corroboration to facts, Sylvanic.com and its founder Todd Standing have become the latest entry in the Hall of Shame.

Sylvanic Hoax Proof Link

One of the first red flags is in the name "Slyvanic". Todd's website said that this is the name the "locals" had given this hidden valley. A couple of GhostTheory readers had this to say:

Mortis says:">
Hmm, Pennsylvania – sylvania a latin word meaning of the forest or woods. Sylvanic, sylvania. Not too difficult to see a relationship here. Don't think it is of some Native word and therefore don't believe in this tripe. There are better things to pay attention to

Bruce Mills says:January 7, 2010 at 8:52 PM (">
I find it interesting that Standing's so-called "native people" appear to have a grasp of Latin (sylvan- coming from Sylvanus, "woodland deity)! guess classical training has proliferated farther than I had imagined! Hmmm

Freedictionary.com says:

syl·van also sil·van (slvn)1. Relating to or characteristic of woods or forest regions.2. Located in or inhabiting a wood or forest.3. Abounding in trees; wooded.n.">One that lives in or frequents the woods.[Medieval Latin sylvnus, from Latin Silvnus, god of the woods, from silva, forest.]

Given the fact that Sylvanic is derived from the latin Sylvus, it is suspicious that native people in the United States would have given this valley a Latin name. This is not concrete evidence of Todd being deceitful since many places in the United States do have Latin origins like California. One could say that Todd was confused as to the origin of the name or who exactly had initially named this place. Let us continue…

I then started to see several comments originated from the same computer or network using different name handles and emails. These comments were pro Sylvanic in nature. These comments were originated from British Columbia, Canada.

link 1

Due to the controversies that surround the "Sylvanic Bigfoot" project, we decided to do a quick Q&A style interview with Todd Standing.

If you are not familiar with the "Sylvanic Bigfoot" case, I suggest you check out this link to get yourself familiar with what GhostTheory and a reader who goes by "ME" have uncovered in the quest to find the truth about the Sylvanic project.

The interview questions were asked a week prior to our knowing of ME's investigation and what he had uncovered. What follows are questions from the editors at GhostTheory.

One of our readers (Henry), made this comment:<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Then feel free to read on where he contradicts himself describing first: Sylvanic… is the name of the canyon pass that leads to an enormous valley…" then in a later blog posting tells us that the valley is accessible only by a tunnel through the mountains, or by belaying down a mountain. So how did the bison get in there?

GT:
Can you explain these discrepancies in your story?

The easiest way I knew of to get into the Sylvanic area was through a small tunnel that went under a mountain. There is a shot of this short tunnel in the mini documentary. The tunnel comes out in the canyon pass that leads to the valley. The alleged bison picture and accounting of bison in the Sylvanic area was a letter from someone else. I have never seen bison in that area.

link 2

This link is to another topic on this here.....His claim of being saved by the Canadian Mounties is false , they have no record of rescuing him anywhere....That is just one of many obvious lies....You will have to read through this and look at links...

My link

Edited by Sakari

I love this, from Sakari's link to an interview between GhostTheory and Todd Standing above:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GT: Will you take the GhostTheory team along? we’re fit, tough and don’t talk much.

To scientists or media that are interested in coming out with me, there are a few things you need to be made aware of. There can be no more than the two of us. No teams, crews, sound guys or camera men. An expedition with me will take at least 6 days. After the first day you are in grizzly, black bear and mountain lion country. You are carrying food that attracts them, besides being food yourself. If you make one of a hundred minor mistakes like coming across a fresh kill or not recognizing predatory behaviour you will die. Often it is very difficult to sleep at night with all the potential predators lurking in the dark, so during the day when you are abnormally tired you’re more likely make a mistake that will cause you injury. Injuries can easily become life threatening when you are so far from medical attention. Avalanches, wolverines, landslides, badgers, rattlers… are all realities you will deal with on a daily basis.

You have to be in great physical shape. Daily treks are the equivalent of running a 30km marathon. From rock climbing over 1000 feet up, to crawling on your hands and knees silently for hours on end. And it may take a dozen of these expeditions before we are a success.

Most want me to guarantee their safety. The exact opposite is what I guarantee. I guarantee every time you trek out into this wilderness you are absolutely risking you life from one moment to the next.

Any seriously interested applicants can contact me through the websit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean "Holy Valley of Death, Batman!"

I vote TS for the Bigfoot Excuses Award.

Edited by QuiteContrary

These animals instinctively huddle together or find shelter during the winter. Which one of these animals is more like Bigfoot than a bear?

That is a loaded question. Bigfoot is bigfoot. And a bear is a bear. How about we compare bigfoot to a polar bear, or a panda bear? The fact an animal would eat the same types of food and live in the same areas does not mean they automatically share the same lifestyles and metabalism patterns.

Cougars don't huddle. And they don't hibernate. I'm not saying a bigfoot lives the lifestyle of a cougar. I'm simply pointing out that solitary large mammals do live in the Pacific North West and don't have to hibernate.

I love this, from Sakari's link to an interview between GhostTheory and Todd Standing above:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GT: Will you take the GhostTheory team along? we’re fit, tough and don’t talk much.

To scientists or media that are interested in coming out with me, there are a few things you need to be made aware of. There can be no more than the two of us. No teams, crews, sound guys or camera men. An expedition with me will take at least 6 days. After the first day you are in grizzly, black bear and mountain lion country. You are carrying food that attracts them, besides being food yourself. If you make one of a hundred minor mistakes like coming across a fresh kill or not recognizing predatory behaviour you will die. Often it is very difficult to sleep at night with all the potential predators lurking in the dark, so during the day when you are abnormally tired you’re more likely make a mistake that will cause you injury. Injuries can easily become life threatening when you are so far from medical attention. Avalanches, wolverines, landslides, badgers, rattlers… are all realities you will deal with on a daily basis.

You have to be in great physical shape. Daily treks are the equivalent of running a 30km marathon. From rock climbing over 1000 feet up, to crawling on your hands and knees silently for hours on end. And it may take a dozen of these expeditions before we are a success.

Most want me to guarantee their safety. The exact opposite is what I guarantee. I guarantee every time you trek out into this wilderness you are absolutely risking you life from one moment to the next.

Any seriously interested applicants can contact me through the websit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean "Holy Valley of Death, Batman!"

I vote TS for the Bigfoot Excuses Award.

That quote is fantastic. It should be possible to figure out the native ranges of those animals and overlap them and figure out very closely where Sylvanic is supposed to be.Grizzly bear, wolverines, badgers and rattlesnakes are all well understood animals that can be pinned down to specific ranges within Canada.

Edit: Here are some maps to start with.

http://www.canadiang...snake_range.jpg

http://www.canadiang...erine_range.jpg

http://www.canadiang..._bear_range.jpg

http://www.canadiang...ougar_range.jpg

The rattle snake will probably be the decider on this. Looking for Western Rattlesnake range.

Edit:

Here is a cut and paste from here...

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/wld/documents/rattlesnake.pdf

post-26883-0-25728900-1339034286_thumb.j

Edited by DieChecker

That is a loaded question. Bigfoot is bigfoot. And a bear is a bear.

Yes it was a loaded question in order to point you in the right direction. Since we know almost nothing about Bigfoot if it exists, we have no choice but to compare what little we know about it to animals in the same habitat that we do know about. That's what you do when comparing species.

How about we compare bigfoot to a polar bear, or a panda bear? The fact an animal would eat the same types of food and live in the same areas does not mean they automatically share the same lifestyles and metabalism patterns.

Actually it does. It's a consequence of the law of natural selection. Animals must be able to eat whatever food sources are available to survive. During the winter there are surprisingly few sources of food in the forests of the Pacific Northwest. Do some camping and hiking here during the winter and you'll be surprised that anything is alive when spring arrives.

Cougars don't huddle. And they don't hibernate. I'm not saying a bigfoot lives the lifestyle of a cougar. I'm simply pointing out that solitary large mammals do live in the Pacific North West and don't have to hibernate.

You're ignoring how these animals survive during the winter: by grazing on brown grasses and hunting small animals. That's why bears must hibernate. They cannot hunt small game and they cannot graze on grass. They simply can't access the food sources that these non-hibernating animals can. All they can do is stuff themselves when their food sources are available.

Now look at our Bigfoot. Do you see a large seven foot tall biped grazing during the winter? Or any time? Do you see a large seven foot tall biped quietly stalking prey and killing it like a feline? Or any time? I don't. What I see is a bear, one that fishes in rivers, one that cannot efficiently digest brown plant matter like a deer or an elk, one that may eat a helpless animal it stumbles upon, but mostly eats berries and broadleaf plants during the spring and summer and eats nothing during the winter.

What does your Bigfoot eat during the winter?

• Like 1

definitely not convinced.

Matt Moneymaker is !

I don't think it's Bigfoot, I think it's my mother in law. I told her to quit running around in the woods or a bunch of high school kids would take her picture. I was right. :cat:

Edited by greywolf
  • Like 1

I don't think it's Bigfoot, I think it's my mother in law. I told her to quit running around in the woods or a bunch of high school kids would take her picture. I was right. :cat:

I think we have a winner! :P

Btw, does she look like a man and teach at Idaho State University and collect bigfoot casts? I've suspected her/him all along. :yes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to QuiteContrary,

if she would shave her beard off she might look female. i don't think she teaches at Idaho State,and the reason is, she can't spell Idaho. i have noticed her putting her feet in a tub of plaster, and after her prints dry, she paints the toenails on them, so even though she/him does'nt fit the criteria, i still think you're right. it has to be her! :cat:

• Like 1

Reply to QuiteContrary,

if she would shave her beard off she might look female. i don't think she teaches at Idaho State,and the reason is, she can't spell Idaho. i have noticed her putting her feet in a tub of plaster, and after her prints dry, she paints the toenails on them, so even though she/him does'nt fit the criteria, i still think you're right. it has to be her! :cat:

Ahhh! Bigfoot bait. Nail polish.

I'm pretty sure that has been tried somewhere, but the foots drank it.

Silly foots.

Edited by QuiteContrary

• 2 months later...

Big Foot is my husband. Yes, we fell in love right after he took a huge chunk out of my neck. You may call me Mrs. Big Foot. Seriously?! Big Foot? You know, I really do mean what I say. I really do eat stupid people for breakfast! And, it's close to midnight here so I could use a midnight snack! Close enough in the morning for me! Now, on a lesser rude note.... Please people, use your minds. Big Foot is not real. Big Foot does not hide out in Ohio, Idaho, or other wise. Now unless you wanna talk about Nessie. You know? The "Lock Ness" monster! She's my grandma! She's a smelly wet hag. Seriously could use a bath. What? A bath you ask? Why? She's in water? Well my friend I'm just acking out as stupid as your post is here. Grow up! Now, let's talk Ghosts and I'll take you seriously. Next!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by IndianPrincess

Yes it was a loaded question in order to point you in the right direction. Since we know almost nothing about Bigfoot if it exists, we have no choice but to compare what little we know about it to animals in the same habitat that we do know about. That's what you do when comparing species.

Actually it does. It's a consequence of the law of natural selection. Animals must be able to eat whatever food sources are available to survive. During the winter there are surprisingly few sources of food in the forests of the Pacific Northwest. Do some camping and hiking here during the winter and you'll be surprised that anything is alive when spring arrives.

You're ignoring how these animals survive during the winter: by grazing on brown grasses and hunting small animals. That's why bears must hibernate. They cannot hunt small game and they cannot graze on grass. They simply can't access the food sources that these non-hibernating animals can. All they can do is stuff themselves when their food sources are available.

Now look at our Bigfoot. Do you see a large seven foot tall biped grazing during the winter? Or any time? Do you see a large seven foot tall biped quietly stalking prey and killing it like a feline? Or any time? I don't. What I see is a bear, one that fishes in rivers, one that cannot efficiently digest brown plant matter like a deer or an elk, one that may eat a helpless animal it stumbles upon, but mostly eats berries and broadleaf plants during the spring and summer and eats nothing during the winter.

What does your Bigfoot eat during the winter?

Now you! You have my respect! Finally a fully intelligent answer! Again, No! There is no such thing as Big Foot. No more than there are vampires, werewolves, hybrids, lycans, lepercons, unicorns, mermaids, and honest politicians! It's just not Plausable! Nor, possible. I actually am from Ohio. Where they say many Big Foot beasts are spotted. Such bunk! Only they called them the "Grass Man". As a kid, we were often told to come home before dark or the "Grass Man" would get you! It's actually been founded to be a true "folklure". To scare kids! Nothing more. Nothing less. And, I've hunted. Yes, I really am Cherokee Indian. And this is the most intelligent post thus far. Nothing more I can add that hasn't been said already.

Edited by IndianPrincess

LMAO!!! OOOOHHHH That was rich!!! Thank you for the laugh! I think I'll like you just fine! You have the same perspective as I. I too think it's my "Ex" Mother in law! But, she packs nuts in her cheeks. The cheeks look puffy to you?

I think we have a winner! :P

Btw, does she look like a man and teach at Idaho State University and collect bigfoot casts? I've suspected her/him all along. :yes:

Bingo! Exactly my conclusion !!!! Even though I still say it could have been my Ex Mother In Law. But, I didn't see puffy cheeks. She packs nuts in her cheeks. And, keep your mind outta the gutter! I mean she's got cheeks like a squirrel! No joking matter. It's actually quite disgusting to watch her eat. It's like you want to scream "SWALLOW SWALLOW"!! or, "What?! Are you Packing them cheeks for winter already? Is it too close to winter already?!" Ohhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! And of course I am speaking of the person who claimed it looked like his mother in law. Just wanted to clear that up for some people with the IQ of a fly. :innocent:

Edited by IndianPrincess