Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bookies take on bizarre bets for Olympics

Saru

Bookmakers have been accepting some rather unusual bets for the upcoming London Olympic Games.

Would you bet on Queen Elizabeth lighting the Olympic flame? Or a UFO appearing above the opening ceremony? Or maybe on Usain Bolt winning the men's 100 metre race?

arrow3.gifRead more...

i bet $1000 the olympics will be super boring.

• Like 1

Am gonna bet on Australia winning ALL the medals involving a swimming pool.

:)

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm going to bet all my money on the Olympic being just a show for athlete by proxy (i.e. : coach potato wannabe athlete).....

I bet I won't be watching the Olympic Games.

• Like 1

I only like certain parts of the Olympics. I get tired when I miss certain shows because they're showing something I don't like. I'm boring like that.

I enjoy the opening & closing ceremonies but apart from that all the money spent on these extravaganzas could go to a better use, but then certain countries need this for their egos.

I only like certain parts of the Olympics. I get tired when I miss certain shows because they're showing something I don't like. I'm boring like that.

I was just away to mention this and was going to say "I bet they clog the main TV channels and ruin it for the people who don't care". lol

Luckily i watch most things on my computer now or my Xbox.

i bet i wont be at london during the olympic games. rather stay home and PLAY...GAAAAAMES!! :D

i bet $1000 the olympics will be super boring.

Since that is subjective, I guess it is one bet no one can take. Cause I think they'll be exciting, now where is my $1000?

How do they determine that there's not an invisible silent UFO above the opening ceremony?

My heavens....didnt even know the Olympics were this year... :rolleyes:

My heavens....didnt even know the Olympics were this year... :rolleyes:

Whats the odds of Iran nuking London during the events?

Am gonna bet on Australia winning ALL the medals involving a swimming pool.

Yeah...mind they do get lots of practice being chased by sharks...

Dont know about the nukes but it wouldn't surprise me to have some terrorist activity happen..

Are there any bets for a guy, wearing a long brownish coat, picking up the fallen torch and running all the way to light the flame at the stadium? It happened on telly....!

Very slim I'd say.

There are too many Islamic "freedom fighters" with assets banked there.

Can't be blowing up your own bank. Even terrorists have direct debits to pay.

Edited by Eldorado

Dont know about the nukes but it wouldn't surprise me to have some terrorist activity happen..

If I was a terrorist and wanted to slaughter loads...I'd ignore London and blow the crap out of some poor sods in a city miles away.Same difference...lotsa dead innocent citizens and all the robocops in one place hundreds of miles away.

You don't attack a superior heavily armoured enemy from the front...you attack the flanks.

Edited by zebra99

$100 says there will be a terroist attack or a Munich style event.

$200 says this will be the last Olympics.

$100 says there will be a terroist attack or a Munich style event.

$200 says this will be the last Olympics.

I hope you're wrong. But there has been a bit of news about security lapses in the run up to the games. I think Londoners should be more worried about exploding buses and subways than aircraft or missiles. What a damned world we live in today...

If I was a terrorist and wanted to slaughter loads...I'd ignore London and blow the crap out of some poor sods in a city miles away.Same difference...lotsa dead innocent citizens and all the robocops in one place hundreds of miles away.

You don't attack a superior heavily armoured enemy from the front...you attack the flanks.

Maybe...the problem is that terrorists dont play by the rule book...extremely unpredictable but well thought out plans.

here is the UFO that will appear over the stadium during the opening ceremony

220px-TARDIS1.jpg