Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Raptor Witness

Dream of Jefferson Monument Collapsing

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Jefferson Monument Dream 6 - 2 – 12

I dreamed that I was looking at the Jefferson Monument in Washington D.C. I was roughly a half a mile away. I could see that it was s shell of its former self, and appeared badly damaged, but there was no indication as to what had caused this. While I was looking at it, I saw what was left of the structure begin to collapse, so that it became almost unrecognizable. The collapse was what drew my attention to the building.

I saw what looked like canals made of concrete in the vicinity of the monument that were almost empty of water, and I saw no people. There were no signs of life, at all.

The sun was shining and it appeared to be mid-morning to mid-afternoon. The sky was blue and cloudless.

I wondered what had happened to the monument, as I watched it disintegrating before my eyes, and I wondered why there were all these canals made of concrete that appeared to have been drained of water. There was a general appearance of destruction all over the landscape, but no details of any other buildings were in my memory. I saw no other buildings in the process of collapsing.

I awoke from the dream disturbed by what I had seen, because the building appeared to be crumbling before my eyes for no obvious reason. It seemed as if the damage was so great that it could not withstand the weight of what remained.

I have never been interested in the Jefferson Monument, beyond casually seeing it on TV, or perhaps in school. I have never visited this monument.

I’ve also never been particularly interested in Thomas Jefferson, except for a few of his quotes. This left me pondering, why this monument?

On average, I have two dreams per year that seem important enough to write down from a prophetic standpoint.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Take a look at the news, more and more people will probably begin having dreams like that.

Unexpected dream elements are perhaps where our subconsous mind is overriding the conscious,

As for the news being bad, there's nothing unexpected about that.

I should add that I've always considered Jefferson to be the brightest of the Founding Fathers.

Were there by any chance....super mutants?

Posted (edited)

The Thomas Jefferson Memorial, was modeled after the Pantheon of Rome.

The Pantheon from Greek: Πάνθεον, an adjective meaning "to every god" is a building in Rome, Italy, commissioned by Marcus Agrippa as a temple to all the gods of Ancient Rome.

In the United States, the term is an offshoot of the phrase, "wall of separation between church and state," as written in Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802. The original text reads: "... I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State." Jefferson reflected his frequent speaking theme that the government is not to interfere with religion.

Since the Pantheon of Rome was a place where you were free to worship any God you chose, building a copy of this in memory of Thomas Jefferson makes perfect sense.

In my dream I see Washington, D.C. as desolate and void of any life, with the rebuilt Pantheon as the center of my attention.

The only time I ever visited Washington D.C. as a tourist, was a brief stop in 1991. I was passing through late at night, and got lost downtown. The thing I remember most, wasn't the Washington Monument, or the White House, but the continuous screams of emergency vehicle sirens, that went on for an hour in ever direction I drove. My sense was of a city filled with uncontrollable violence.

Violence is your plague, Washington.

7438305332_3b3b4f723c_b.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness