Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stonehenge

Will Carothers

Hey, im new to this forum, but i just wanted to post a short documentary i made on the history of stonehenge

Im only 15 and this is the first video ive made, so its not in depth at all due to the fact that i had to make other freshman understand it. But please, if u feel the need to comment on the video please do so!

Also check out this video that goes much more in depth, and more mysterious, a sory of the werewolf origin

• Like 2

I can't watch the video right now, Internet is really slow but I have to commend you on making it. I have always found Stonehenge fascinating.

Welcome to UM.

Another good video, Will.

I was tickled by the ending credits - "Rocks as Stonehenge" !! :lol::tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Video was nicely done and a great sense of humor on the end credits. For just shy of 4 minutes it was quite informative. Great job.

• Like 1

Hey, im new to this forum, but i just wanted to post a short documentary i made on the history of stonehenge

Im only 15 and this is the first video ive made, so its not in depth at all due to the fact that i had to make other freshman understand it. But please, if u feel the need to comment on the video please do so!

Also check out this video that goes much more in depth, and more mysterious, a sory of the werewolf origin

[media=]

Welcome to the forum. Seems you have made quite an impact and impression. Well done, and quite entertaining. In fact just out of personal opinion I expect Hollywood to go with it immediately. Good luck with being part of the 'show'. Nevertheless you asked for input and comment in review. The 'beast' as you call it is said to have killed thousands and maybe even tens of thousands. However, the 'Greatest threat' to ever invade France as of today was Hitler. He killed millions and upon the likes of review tens of millions, talk about a real monster of men woman and children. What was that guys name again that killed this beast... THIS is your culprit, let history not forget...

Edited by Time Spy

Being of a pedantic nature I would argue that the greatest theat to invade France was neither 'the beast' nor Hitler it was in fact the Bubonic plague which killed over a million French people in the 14th century.

England fared even worse with population falling from 7 million to just over 2 million during the height of the plague.

I agree, both Hitler and the plague were much more impacting on the french, i just think that this "beast" may have struck a "primal" nerve, as it was completely unexplainable, I just think that thinks that go bump in the night really have a way to scare us to the core, that sets it apart from other things

Im only 15 and this is the first video ive made

I encourage you to strive for good punctuation and capitalization when you write.

Doing so will improve the perceived quality and credibility of your media work.

Very nicely done documentary on Stonehenge. I shared it on my blog. Hope you don't mind. :)

• Like 1

Thank you all again for the complements! And it's fine that you shared it on your blog, that's very kind!

Great job Will :tu: Maybe we will see your documentries on TV in the future, it's great to see young people interested in archaeology and history, good on you!

Did you film the footage? Have you been to Stonehenge?

• Like 1

I only wish I could have been, but no. I found some of the footage on line, and i edited it to fit. I do hope to visit it one day though!

I only wish I could have been, but no. I found some of the footage on line, and i edited it to fit. I do hope to visit it one day though!

Great work on the film editing then. Me too!

A visit to Stonehenge is actually a tad depressing. You can't get within 150 feet of the stones, except on the solstice.

You walk around the site (in a circle of course, with a few hundred other people) on these green rubber mats listening to an automated tour guide (like a cell phone) and you punch in the number of the site that you're at; "If you happen to be at this position on a spring equinox, blah, blah, blah..."

By the way Will, great video! Keep up the good work.

A visit to Stonehenge is actually a tad depressing. You can't get within 150 feet of the stones, except on the solstice.

You walk around the site (in a circle of course, with a few hundred other people) on these green rubber mats listening to an automated tour guide (like a cell phone) and you punch in the number of the site that you're at; "If you happen to be at this position on a spring equinox, blah, blah, blah..."

By the way Will, great video! Keep up the good work.

lol fair enough, my Mum and Dad visited it years ago when you could walk right up to it but I can imagine the sterile tourist conditions today!

lol fair enough, my Mum and Dad visited it years ago when you could walk right up to it but I can imagine the sterile tourist conditions today!

I don't remember it being such a sterile event, such as Likely Guy mentioned, when I was there in 1983. But yes, it was a bit disappointing since I was expecting something grander in scale. But in any case at least I can say I've seen it in person.

cormac

I don't remember it being such a sterile event, such as Likely Guy mentioned, when I was there in 1983. But yes, it was a bit disappointing since I was expecting something grander in scale. But in any case at least I can say I've seen it in person.

cormac

Hey there cormac. I was there 12, 14(?) years ago. I wasn't trying to describe it as sterile per se, just disappointing. When you travel over 4,700 miles to get there and you can't get within the last few feet, it's a bit of a downer.This is, of course, to protect the stones from either wanton vandalism and also harm from the more innocent kind, i.e. the wear and tear of millions of hands over thousands of years. Stones are not truely as tough as we believe.I did come away with a free souvenir though. It's a small piece of whitish flint, originally from a small boulder, that the builders used to pound the sarcen stones into their final shape.I know, my bad. (But it was way out in the middle of the field and they pop out of the ground like worms on a rainy day.)I also didn't know how close the highways were to the site. That was a bit distracting.

Hey there cormac. I was there 12, 14(?) years ago. I wasn't trying to describe it as sterile per se, just disappointing. When you travel over 4,700 miles to get there and you can't get within the last few feet, it's a bit of a downer.This is, of course, to protect the stones from either wanton vandalism and also harm from the more innocent kind, i.e. the wear and tear of millions of hands over thousands of years. Stones are not truely as tough as we believe.I did come away with a free souvenir though. It's a small piece of whitish flint, originally from a small boulder, that the builders used to pound the sarcen stones into their final shape.I know, my bad. (But it was way out in the middle of the field and they pop out of the ground like worms on a rainy day.)I also didn't know how close the highways were to the site. That was a bit distracting.

Think nothing of it, I knew what you meant. Whether having a tour guide or an electonic means of information it just can't quite do justice to whatever you're seeing. As to the highway, yeah I think it's too close to the site as well. Rather detracts from the overall feel of the place IMO.

cormac

cormac

Cool, they travelled 80's and early 90's, and they did get a piece of stone from the Parthenon, now if my Mum just knew where it was....I didn't give much of a toss about the Parthenon back then, now I'd love to have it.

Cool, they travelled 80's and early 90's, and they did get a piece of stone from the Parthenon, now if my Mum just knew where it was....I didn't give much of a toss about the Parthenon back then, now I'd love to have it.

Thus, the relevance of history. In the early 90's a friend of mine gave me a golf ball sized chunk of the Berlin Wall. Flat on one side with yellow and red spray paint.