Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamacare

RavenHawk

Once your "R's" are in power, the people will want Democrat's back again in a few years. You'd be foolish not to realize this is how it goes, people get sick of all those in office, it's not just a Democrat thing. :tu:

Did I say I don't know how it goes? No. You don't know me. My point was that fiscal responsibilty and letting people choose wether or not to join or pay to a union just punched big government in the face last night and that looks like two big black eyes for liberalism and hopefully a broken nose and TKO in November. I'm about conservative vs liberal, not R vs D. The left got whomped last night and they friggin deserved it.

Remember this?

Countdown: GOPer Bill Kristol Say's Americans Don't Deserve Good Health Care 7-28-09

No I don't. The Daily show blows. Stewart twisted and distorted what that guy was trying to say which was- joining the military comes with healthcare benefits run by the gov because miltary personel belong to the gov and every citizen is not automatically ENTITLED to healthcare. Kristol should have brought that point up and asked Stewart why he thinks the people belong to the government. It's obvious Stewart couldn't grasp the concept. Actually he could and knows darn well what he was doing. He distorted Kristol and made him look bad by using the word DESERVE. Trust that Stewarts audience believes they deserve everything simply by ENTITLEMENT.

Edited by Is it for real
  • Like 1

You better attach a link to that, so that what the metric is can be debated. If it is based off cost, that does not really feed into "Best". If it is patients per health care worker, or based on time to wait on service, then you might have a valid point.

I think the other point to be made is that Federal healthcare would work so well, because just look at how super excellent our public school system is... super well funded, super good test results, best student output in the world, zero dropouts.... Wait, none of that is not true. Well, maybe using public schools was a bad (Or a perfect?) example.

You don't know about the WHO?? strange

The rankings are based on an index of five factors:[1]

• Health (50%) : disability-adjusted life expectancy
    • Overall or average : 25%
    • Distribution or equality : 25%

[*]Responsiveness (25%) : speed of service, protection of privacy, and quality of amenities

• Overall or average : 12.5%
    • Distribution or equality : 12.5%

[*]Fair financial contribution : 25%

http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian-health-care-information/world-health-organizations-ranking-of-the-worlds-health-systems/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization_ranking_of_health_systems

Did I say I don't know how it goes? No. You don't know me. My point was that fiscal responsibilty and letting people choose wether or not to join or pay to a union just punched big government in the face last night and that looks like two big black eyes for liberalism and hopefully a broken nose and TKO in November. I'm about conservative vs liberal, not R vs D. The left got whomped last night and they friggin deserved it.

No I don't. The Daily show blows. Stewart twisted and distorted what that guy was trying to say which was- joining the military comes with healthcare benefits run by the gov because miltary personel belong to the gov and every citizen is not automatically ENTITLED to healthcare. Kristol should have brought that point up and asked Stewart why he thinks the people belong to the government. It's obvious Stewart couldn't grasp the concept. Actually he could and knows darn well what he was doing. He distorted Kristol and made him look bad by using the word DESERVE. Trust that Stewarts audience believes they deserve everything simply by ENTITLEMENT.

eum, so you think what he said would've been better if he used the word entitlement instead of deserve ... while it comes down to the same thing? This is one of the most distorted non-arguments ever.

Every person IS entitled to healthcare, from the moment you're born you should be able to get proper care. That's the whole freaking point.

There's no reason to say why anyone deserves it more than another. Claiming that cuz you went in the army you deserve the best of care, but if you're 12 and a genious ready to formulate the theory of everything, but you tragically become ill and your parents can't afford your medical bills you should just **** off cuz you're simply not as worthy ?

Completely mad.

You don't know about the WHO?? strange

The rankings are based on an index of five factors:[1]

• Health (50%) : disability-adjusted life expectancy
    • Overall or average : 25%
    • Distribution or equality : 25%

[*]Responsiveness (25%) : speed of service, protection of privacy, and quality of amenities

• Overall or average : 12.5%
    • Distribution or equality : 12.5%

[*]Fair financial contribution : 25%

http://thepatientfac...health-systems/

http://en.wikipedia...._health_systems

That is exactly what I wanted. Thanks.

So this does show that the US healthcare system is ranked 37th. What it does not show is at what professional level this healthcare is at. If a country has super top notch medical care, but charges a lot, it will fall lower on these lists then a country like Columbia where the average person pays less then 5 dollars (equivalent) per year for healthcare, which involves local healing customs, and uncontrolled medications.

What the list does not do is show what country has the best healthcare. What it does show is what country has the best System of healthcare. If you think these are the same, then you probably need to do more research on the subject, or maybe need to look at the issue from another angle.

It has been shown that the slightly lower life expectancy in the US is due to the US having higher mortality due to automobile related deaths, and homicides. If such are allowed for, the US actually has a higher life expectancy then any European country. So watch out for cars and murders.

It has also been shown that the relatively lower rating is due to inflated medical costs in the US, due to our history of litigation that has resulted in inflated medical insurance that in turn demands inflated medical prices. Taking that into consideration, the US would be in the top ten easily.

So it is a matter of a numbers game. I agree that the US needs to work on healthcare prices and on violent mortality rates, but that should not automatically mean that our Healthcare is somehow sub-par.

eum, so you think what he said would've been better if he used the word entitlement instead of deserve ... while it comes down to the same thing? This is one of the most distorted non-arguments ever.

What I was trying to convey is that Stewart used the word deserve instead of entitled. When you say someone doesn't deserve something in this particular context it comes off as cruel and insensitive. It was a smear tactic against Kristol just like the one you're using against me saying that I'm telling someone to ****off because they're not worthy. I never said that. Not even remotely close.

Every person IS entitled to healthcare, from the moment you're born you should be able to get proper care. That's the whole freaking point.

I know that's your point. I disagree. Forget the mandate part for now. Once you open the emergency room flood gates to the entire population who thinks healthcare is now "free" you can forget decent service. The system will be clogged with people who have the sniffles, hypocondria, little cuts on their fingers, junkies looking for pills. Hospitals will become overwhelmed, treatments become faster and sloppier, quality doctors will be underpaid and will become a thing of the past. Keep it private. I'd rather have a good doctor decide by best road to recovery than have a government panel and 9 million regulations taking 8 months to figure out what to do with the tumor they discovered 8 months ago. Does everybody get free brain surgery, free heart transplants. kemotherapy and other high end specialty treatments with obamacare? Even if you're 85? A good doctor gets up at 3am for emergency brain surgery. A government issued doctor goes to work at 8 and reviews the "emergency" situation with a bunch of bureaucrats who then decide if your 85 year old ass is worthy of a million dollar tax payer funded surgery.

It ain't for me, pal. I'm not enetitled and don't want to be. I don't want to burden your wallet with my health issues and I don't want a law that refers to people as "units" deciding what type of treatment I'm worthy of. I'll let a highly educated private doctor do that, thank you. Don't tell me about deciding worthiness when this law takes that privelage to heart.

There's no reason to say why anyone deserves it more than another. Claiming that cuz you went in the army you deserve the best of care, but if you're 12 and a genious ready to formulate the theory of everything, but you tragically become ill and your parents can't afford your medical bills you should just **** off cuz you're simply not as worthy ?

Completely mad.

If I had to choose a group of folks in this country who should be entitled to something it would be our service members. But it's obvious you don't understand that they are government property who by default should recieve government issued healthcare. It's also apparent that you have a typical liberal dissent towards our military, no worse, our service members. I say that because you become incensed at the notion that the our servicemen "deserve" anything over the general population. After all, it's not like they've ever done anything for you. :unsure2:

Edit:

BTW, I have never served or had a tumor. That was hypothetical.

Edit: I have no health coverage of my own so don't go accusing me of being some overprivileged out-of-touch rich guy.

Edited by Is it for real
  • Like 2

Why is it that everyone is Entitled to healthcare? Is it because we need it for to be at our best. Well, then don't we also need transportation, housing and income? Is there such a thing as the Right to a Job, the Right to Public Transport, the right to Individual Housing? No there is not. Just as there is no Right to Healthcare. It is a Privilage in the US. Sorry, but it is. Go live in Sweden if you don't like it much.

Should everyone get healthcare? Yes. Should everyone have access to whatever healthcare they want? Yes. Should the Public Funds be used to pay for the underprivilaged to have healthcare? Sure, they already do, in the form of SS Disability, Medicare and Medicaid, and various other smaller programs. Should the government raise my taxes to pay for these people? Sure. But, that is the government being nice and helping out it's citizens who need, actually NEED, help. It is not a basic human right to be healthy. And the government surely has no right to mandate that everyone buy into their own program or other insurances that they approve of.

• Like 2

Hospitals will become overwhelmed, treatments become faster and sloppier, quality doctors will be underpaid and will become a thing of the past. Keep it private.

A government issued doctor goes to work at 8 and reviews the "emergency" situation with a bunch of bureaucrats who then decide if your 85 year old ass is worthy of a million dollar tax payer funded surgery.

But, think about it. On the bright side, the ranking for the US the WHO gives out for "Best Healthcare" would sky rocket. With lots of less educated, careless health professionals, we'll have lower costs, quicker turnaround times and... If we refuse treatment to those cursed old people, think of what will then be saved. They take up like 40% of the costs, but are like 5% of the population. (Sarcasm People)

If I had to choose a group of folks in this country who should be entitled to something it would be our service members. But it's obvious you don't understand that they are government property who by default should recieve government issued healthcare. It's also apparent that you have a typical liberal dissent towards our military, no worse, our service members. I say that because you become incensed at the notion that the our servicemen "deserve" anything over the general population. After all, it's not like they've ever done anything for you. :unsure2:

As a former member of the US Army I can tell you the healthcare I got in the service was 3rd rate. Sure it was free, but I lost 3 teeth in 4 years and have a scar that never healed right, and bad feet that all I got was pain pills for. Luckly that is all the negatives I got, I saw other guys that had serious injuries or ailments who were treated little better then a dog might be treated by a vet. I think it is basically because almost all the doctors, nurses and dentists are butter bar leuitenants, who just got out of college and don't know jack.

Anyway, I'm sure if it was a national program for 200 to 350 million, it would be better then what I experienced that serves 2 million people. Or... maybe not.

• Like 1

What I was trying to convey is that Stewart used the word deserve instead of entitled. When you say someone doesn't deserve something in this particular context it comes off as cruel and insensitive. It was a smear tactic against Kristol just like the one you're using against me saying that I'm telling someone to ****off because they're not worthy. I never said that. Not even remotely close.

no Stewart just pointed out the madness in Kristols' own argument, it's hypocrisy at its finest.

I know that's your point. I disagree. Forget the mandate part for now. Once you open the emergency room flood gates to the entire population who thinks healthcare is now "free" you can forget decent service. The system will be clogged with people who have the sniffles, hypocondria, little cuts on their fingers, junkies looking for pills. Hospitals will become overwhelmed, treatments become faster and sloppier, quality doctors will be underpaid and will become a thing of the past. Keep it private. I'd rather have a good doctor decide by best road to recovery than have a government panel and 9 million regulations taking 8 months to figure out what to do with the tumor they discovered 8 months ago. Does everybody get free brain surgery, free heart transplants. kemotherapy and other high end specialty treatments with obamacare? Even if you're 85? A good doctor gets up at 3am for emergency brain surgery. A government issued doctor goes to work at 8 and reviews the "emergency" situation with a bunch of bureaucrats who then decide if your 85 year old ass is worthy of a million dollar tax payer funded surgery.

It ain't for me, pal. I'm not enetitled and don't want to be. I don't want to burden your wallet with my health issues and I don't want a law that refers to people as "units" deciding what type of treatment I'm worthy of. I'll let a highly educated private doctor do that, thank you. Don't tell me about deciding worthiness when this law takes that privelage to heart.

okay, a big chunck of text based on a fantasy here.

Do you have any knowledge of other health care systems in the world by any chance? Mainly the social health care systems. What you describe above couldn't be further from the truth.

I dno where to begin but i'll just give it a shot by starting to say everything you said above is wrong. To be more specific:

Hospitals do not get clogged with non-emergency related patients because there are also housedoctors, independent of a hospital, this is where you go for non severe things and/or a first diagnosis. There are enough countries in the world that are an example of this.

If an operation is needed or whatever medical service, you don't have to wait months for some independent board to decide, that's just not how it works. I dno where you got these fantasy thoughts.

And no ppl don't get free surgeries, that is also not the mechanism behind it. Everyone can get CHEAPER operations, yes. And i do mean EVERYONE. Not just the priviliged few.

A goverment issued doctor is also a non existent thing. Doctors are still either independent or working for a hospital and this hospital pays them. Their hours won't magically change cuz "they've got it in the bag".

The system simply doesn't work that way, it's another fantasy of yours.

Maybe you just don't have any faith in the American population and think that they'll destroy the whole system in all stupidity. I don't believe it would be so.

Didn't you dislike Stewart for seemingly turning words on people? So why you pulling that **** with me?

I said i don't see why the general population deserves anything less than servicemen. Servicemen deserve the best of care, the general population deserves the same.

Edit:

BTW, I have never served or had a tumor. That was hypothetical.

Edit: I have no health coverage of my own so don't go accusing me of being some overprivileged out-of-touch rich guy.

You beter hope it stays hypothetical then, or the system you once so defended, will look awfully unjust to you.

Edited by Render

It has also been shown that the relatively lower rating is due to inflated medical costs in the US, due to our history of litigation that has resulted in inflated medical insurance that in turn demands inflated medical prices. Taking that into consideration, the US would be in the top ten easily.

So it is a matter of a numbers game. I agree that the US needs to work on healthcare prices and on violent mortality rates, but that should not automatically mean that our Healthcare is somehow sub-par.

But there are inflated medical costs, so US is ranked lower cuz the system is not as good as another. There is no way around that.

The healtcare service may be up to par, for the lucky ones that can afford it.

The USA looks like a third world country with all the ppl who can't afford a standard of care. Frankly, it's pervers.

All the very expensive litigations are also a symptom of a to expensive health care system. When you pay a lot for your operation and something goes wrong, you're gonna sew for a whole lot more and in America you're gonna get it. And prices go up for everyone.

In a system where you pay an average amount for an operation and something went wrong you can't sew for as much because you haven't paid as much in the first place, and to correct the mistake won't cost as much either. So everyone won't have to pay extra for one person their complication.

Doesn't it seem wiser to choose a system that makes healthcare cheaper for EVERYONE over a system that makes everything more expensive for everyone, so a lot fall out of the boat?

Why is it that everyone is Entitled to healthcare? Is it because we need it for to be at our best. Well, then don't we also need transportation, housing and income? Is there such a thing as the Right to a Job, the Right to Public Transport, the right to Individual Housing? No there is not. Just as there is no Right to Healthcare. It is a Privilage in the US. Sorry, but it is. Go live in Sweden if you don't like it much.

Well yes, i guess this is one of problems America struggles with. Ppl have been taught they are not entitled to standard of care, or a minimum income, or a minimum in housing.

It sounds crazy to me. It's like Americans have a problem with empathy. Maybe cuz they're all so frustrated that everything is so expensive and the stress of not losing your job , cuz once you fall in America there is no net to catch you and you stay down. It just sounds ridiculous when it could be different.

Life is hard enough as it is, there is no need to make it more difficult for your fellow man while the burden could be made a lil lighter.

It is not a basic human right to be healthy.

Im sorry, this sounds crazy to me. If you can be helped it is a basic human right you will be.

A big part of the US population just seems very arrogant. "If one person is able to pay the ridiculous prices of healthcare than everyone should be able to." This just isn't how the world works and it's one the reasons why the USA is currently ranked so low and why other countries looking at the US give news reports that America looks like a third world country with all the homeless, sick ppl.

It just seems to make more sense to give everyone a cheaper chance to get help, instead of just the wealthier ppl who keep making it more expensive as they go along.

If the government would give some extra financial help to someone in need (and it's not up to anyone apart from doctors to decide in what degree this need can be) then the dirty word "socialism" comes up. Like it's a bad thing, Im guessing the word "socialism" maybe sounds bad if you have a lack of understanding in the subject.

But when the government helps out banks then this is what? Good socialism? Just common sense?

Edited by Render

One in four Americans without health coverage: study

Reuters) - As the U.S. Supreme Court ponders the fate of healthcare reform in the current election year, a study released on Thursday shows that one in four working-age Americans went without insurance at some point in 2011, often as a result of unemployment and other job changes.

The study by the Commonwealth Fund polled 2,100 people aged 19 to 64 and found that 26 percent of non-elderly adults went without insurance -- a percentage that researchers said equals about 48 million people when measured against U.S. Census data.

The Commonwealth Fund, a nonprofit organization that analyzes healthcare issues, said that seven in 10 of those who lost insurance spent a year or more without coverage, partly because plans sold on the individual market for health insurance were unaffordable.

Without insurance, people quickly disconnected from the healthcare system by avoiding basic medical services such as doctor visits and screenings for cancer, cholesterol and high blood pressure.

The results provide a disturbing snapshot of the $2.6 trillion U.S. healthcare system at a time when government officials are wrestling with stubbornly high unemployment rates and uncertainty about the future of the federal healthcare overhaul.

President Barack Obama's Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act would seek to close gaps in health insurance beginning in 2014 by extending coverage to more than 30 million uninsured Americans, either through subsidized state insurance markets or an expansion of the Medicaid program for the poor.

But the law could be overturned by the Supreme Court on constitutional grounds before the end of June. It also faces repeated calls for repeal from Republican candidates running in this year's election campaign.

The Commonwealth Fund said more than 40 percent of those who lost insurance had been covered by employer-sponsored plans. Another 18 percent were dropped from Medicaid rolls, while 27 percent had never been insured.

The results have a 3 percentage point margin of error.

Conducted online from June 24 to July 5, 2011, the survey reflected continuing effects from economic recession.

Study author Sara Collins said gaps in health coverage, particularly in the individual and small group markets, are longstanding problems likely to continue as the economy grows.

Employer-provided insurance is a main pillar of the U.S. healthcare market, covering the healthcare needs of about 150 million non-elderly people. But employer coverage has become increasingly expensive in recent years, prompting many companies to reduce benefits or raise costs for their workers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/19/us-usa-healthcare-insurance-idUSBRE83I17420120419

A lil side-thought here:

Ppl fail to go for preventive checks because it is too expensive. This ultimately leads to more diseases that are harder or no longer possible to heal. Read: more expensive or simply too expensive to treat.

This AGAIN leads to more expensive healthcare bills.

I have no statistics to back up my points here. But it is my contention that if very stringent caps on malpractice awards were put into effect the level of litigation in such cases would fall dramatically and this would actually serve to drive down overall costs. Other steps to help would be limiting reimbursements for high expense testing like MRI,PET and some Lab tests. We have grown accustomed to the idea that almost ANYTHING can be cured if the right testing and treatment are used. Problem is those tests and treatments are not an economically sound way to do medicine. If Doctors could do their work without fear of being sued into bankruptcy due to a single mistake then medicine could be done FAR more cost effectively. Would mistakes happen with horrible outcomes? Yes. And probably more often than they do now. But guess what? Medicine is a human science and is subject to mistakes just as all other things human,are. It's a question of the greatest good being done for the largest number of people.

Personally, i can't think of a a single thing more important to "The General Welfare" (well being) of people than health care. Isn't that one of the main goals of government according to the U.S. constitution.. "general welfare" ?

How that might have or may be accomplished is another question.

I don't see business subsidies or war profiteering mentioned in the constitution.

So in the midst of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, the Administration wasted two years crafting something that isn't even legal.

Talk about gross incompetence.

Funny how such a fantastic piece of legislation is hardly being mentioned by the President's campaign.

• Like 1

So in the midst of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, the Administration wasted two years crafting something that isn't even legal.

It's legal until the Supreme Court says otherwise.

Once you open the emergency room flood gates to the entire population who thinks healthcare is now "free" you can forget decent service. The system will be clogged with people who have the sniffles, hypocondria, little cuts on their fingers, junkies looking for pills. Hospitals will become overwhelmed, treatments become faster and sloppier, quality doctors will be underpaid and will become a thing of the past. Keep it private. I'd rather have a good doctor decide by best road to recovery than have a government panel and 9 million regulations taking 8 months to figure out what to do with the tumor they discovered 8 months ago. Does everybody get free brain surgery, free heart transplants. kemotherapy and other high end specialty treatments with obamacare? Even if you're 85? A good doctor gets up at 3am for emergency brain surgery. A government issued doctor goes to work at 8 and reviews the "emergency" situation with a bunch of bureaucrats who then decide if your 85 year old ass is worthy of a million dollar tax payer funded surgery.

The rest of the Western World disagrees with you. And it's this kind of outlook that makes us wonder why Americans are so weird sometimes.

Which one is it? ‘Every person born is entitled to it’ or ‘one should be able to get proper care’? That’s two different things. I can tell you that no one is entitled to anything except our GOD given, inalienable rights. Healthcare is not one of them. Among them are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Others are Free Speech and the right to Bear Arms, etc. These things we do not require anyone else to get them from. Now, working to acquire healthcare with our own two hands would fulfill Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. The bottom line is that if someone has to give you something then it really isn’t a Right and the government is not in the business to give out Entitlements. A government giving Entitlements is another form of slavery. The government is to protect the people, not enslave them.

It’s never been a matter of who deserves it more than another but who can acquire it. Those who can, do but they shouldn’t be made into being the villain and they shouldn’t be setup to take from. Going into the military is different. The government is obligated to provide for you. As a citizen, the government is only required to give you the five charges. The rest is up to us.

To Establish Justice

To Insure Domestic Tranquility

To Provide for the Common Defense

To Promote the General Welfare

To Secure the Blessings of Liberty

There is no “To Provide Healthcare” on that list. “PROMOTE” the General Welfare does not mean to provide welfare. It means to promote an environment to benefit the general welfare of all. That doesn’t mean to force everyone to buy insurance. That would be a true free market system patterned after Adam Smith. It’s no accident of Providence that “Wealth of Nations” was published in 1776. Our Founding Fathers where quite well versed in his works. Obama follows Marx and Alinski.

One in four Americans without health coverage: study

Reuters) - As the U.S. Supreme Court ponders the fate of healthcare reform in the current election year, a study released on Thursday shows that one in four working-age Americans went without insurance at some point in 2011, often as a result of unemployment and other job changes.

The study by the Commonwealth Fund polled 2,100 people aged 19 to 64 and found that 26 percent of non-elderly adults went without insurance -- a percentage that researchers said equals about 48 million people when measured against U.S. Census data.

So your lead is dishonest. All Americans are not between the ages of 19 to 64. So it isn’t 1/4th of Americans. The number that the Dems had been using was 30million Americans are without coverage. That number included the Wealthy that don’t need it and the young that don’t want it. And some were trying to pad those numbers with the estimated 20 million illegals that are not entitled to coverage anyway. So in the 19 to 64 range, what was the elderly cutoff? Older Americans are more likely to have insurance because they have worked long enough to command a salary that allows them to purchase it. They are also more likely to need it more.

The Commonwealth Fund, a nonprofit organization that analyzes healthcare issues, said that seven in 10 of those who lost insurance spent a year or more without coverage, partly because plans sold on the individual market for health insurance were unaffordable.

When unemployment is at about 4%, which we had under Bush prior to the 110th Congress being seated, the average time out of work was just a few months. But that is why there is COBRA. Yes it is expensive, but when it was made law under Reagan, it wasn’t meant to extend coverage for many months. It was just a stopgap measure to cover the transition between jobs in a healthy economy. Having coverage without a job does sound a bit anti Capitalist.

Without insurance, people quickly disconnected from the healthcare system by avoiding basic medical services such as doctor visits and screenings for cancer, cholesterol and high blood pressure.

The results provide a disturbing snapshot of the $2.6 trillion U.S. healthcare system at a time when government officials are wrestling with stubbornly high unemployment rates and uncertainty about the future of the federal healthcare overhaul.

This is a bad situation but it’ll be a far better one than what is happening in Europe. Without austerity, Europe is going to collapse. The solution for high unemployment is jobs. Once jobs are being created, there is no need for government run healthcare. People will be making enough money to attain it on their own.

President Barack Obama's Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act would seek to close gaps in health insurance beginning in 2014 by extending coverage to more than 30 million uninsured Americans, either through subsidized state insurance markets or an expansion of the Medicaid program for the poor.

The intent may be to close gaps, but the bureaucracy in the 4000+ pages of regulations will make our healthcare worse than Europe is right now. In practice, Obamacare will end up setting up Death Panels and Rationing. It’s all in the 2700 page document. This is not something I want to end up in the position of saying “I told you so”, if this law is fully implemented.

But the law could be overturned by the Supreme Court on constitutional grounds before the end of June. It also faces repeated calls for repeal from Republican candidates running in this year's election campaign.

If it is ruled unConstitutional then maybe this just wasn’t such a great idea in the first place. This is what puts America above all others because it is run by the rule of law based on individual freedoms. Not on good Socialist ideas.

Study author Sara Collins said gaps in health coverage, particularly in the individual and small group markets, are longstanding problems likely to continue as the economy grows.

Actually, it’ll be less of a problem as the economy grows but that’s not what we have to be concerned about. We need to prepare for the next recession. By scraping Obamacare and enact many of the Republican ideas (that had been expunged from Obamacare), we could easily establish the best healthcare model on the planet.

Employer-provided insurance is a main pillar of the U.S. healthcare market, covering the healthcare needs of about 150 million non-elderly people. But employer coverage has become increasingly expensive in recent years, prompting many companies to reduce benefits or raise costs for their workers.

With the Baby Boomers getting older, that is definitely going to present problems. If Obamacare is upheld, it will create a great burden on the younger generations. Plus, the BBs will probably live longer than the younger generations, adding more burdens. But at least the BBs will be healthier than generations on either side. Surely we can solve this problem without redistributing the wealth of the wealthy or some cross between “Logan’s Run” and “Soylent Green”.

One of the main reasons that costs are going up is because the insurance companies are anticipating Obamacare remaining a law. Thanks Dems! What is needed is competition, not government control or pseudo monopolies.

A lil side-thought here:

Ppl fail to go for preventive checks because it is too expensive. This ultimately leads to more diseases that are harder or no longer possible to heal. Read: more expensive or simply too expensive to treat.

This AGAIN leads to more expensive healthcare bills.

It’s not so much as testing is getting more expensive, it’s the bureaucratic hoops they have to go through and the long waits with increased costs. What will really increase healthcare costs will be Obamacare trying to deal with the increase in auto immune type diseases. This is an epidemic just waiting on the horizon and Obamacare is not designed to handle that.

It's legal until the Supreme Court says otherwise.

Give it another week. Everyone sees the writing on the wall.

Give it another week. Everyone sees the writing on the wall.

Last time I checked, Everyone wasn't a Supreme Court Judge.

• Like 1

Or having your candidate appoint Robert Bork - who holds the record for having the biggest margin by which the Senate has ever rejected a Supreme Court nominee due to his desire to repeal Roe vs Wade - as the Chairperson of his Justice Advisory Committee.

I think Robert Bork would have been a fine Supreme Court Justice...infinitely better than Ginsberg. Have you ever read his book "Slouching Towards Gomorrah"? I have...

I think I'd rather gnaw my own leg off than read anything Bork has to say on just about anything, quite frankly.

okay, a big chunck of text based on a fantasy here.

Do you have any knowledge of other health care systems in the world by any chance? Mainly the social health care systems.

Not particularly except what Euro-Socialist dreamers such as yourself care to divulge. You'll come to find that I don't care to be like the rest of the world. That would render the founding of this nation null and void. We are exceptional on this globe and don't need the government to run our hospitals.

Maybe you just don't have any faith in the American population and think that they'll destroy the whole system in all stupidity. I don't believe it would be so.

I would never consider the people as a source of wrecking the system. I would blame government whom I have little faith in.

And you have no faith that American population can make their own choices and run hospitals. You want a big brother. I am a big brother. I'll fend for myself and help who I can when and if I want.

Didn't you dislike Stewart for seemingly turning words on people? So why you pulling that **** with me?

Must you lefties always curse? I thought you were the kind and compassionate bunch.

JK, sorta. I'd curse too here if it were allowed.

I said i don't see why the general population deserves anything less than servicemen. Servicemen deserve the best of care, the general population deserves the same.

Since we are sitting here arguing online, dodging bullets, taking bullets and getting blown up everyday I guess you're right.

You beter hope it stays hypothetical then, or the system you once so defended, will look awfully unjust to you.

No. I'd only blame myself for being irresponsible. See that's the problem with an entitlement mentality. You don't understand personal responsibility. That's your role, not the governments.

• Like 1

The rest of the Western World disagrees with you.

American exceptionalism. Look it up. It basically means that we strive to be different from the rest of the world.

And it's this kind of outlook that makes us wonder why Americans are so weird sometimes.

Yes and the world looks to Canada as a beacon of hope.

Personally, i can't think of a a single thing more important to "The General Welfare" (well being) of people than health care. Isn't that one of the main goals of government according to the U.S. constitution.. "general welfare" ?

How that might have or may be accomplished is another question.

I don't see business subsidies or war profiteering mentioned in the constitution.

In this day and age wouldn't that mean that vehicles are essential to our general welfare? As it is, most of us need them. I do. I also need my tools. I finally see it now. You guys are right. I want the government to provide free or cheap vehicles for all who need them. For that matter they should make the Home Depot discount my tools and construction materials and the HD and Dewalt and Milwauke and Craftsman all either need to eat the cost or get the money from tax payers. It's only fair. That's what I need to make a living and you all need guys like me to build and fix and maintain your shelters. If this isn't given to me free or cheap then your houses fall apart and your homeless and how's that for general welfare? That's one of the big issues here....Where does it end?

• Like 1

Obama, his money backers, many of his cabinet, and advisors are socialists/communists. If you don't see that - you're not paying enough attention!

*SNIP*- this is the real deal. It's not your Grandpa's Democratic party anymore!

Edited by Lilly
removed profanity
  • Like 1