Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sexuality

ZaraKitty

You could say we're all the same in sexuality and love in some ways, but truth is there's so much little differences in how people love and want to feel each other, that bisexuality is just a drop in the ocean. Many people have fetishes too. In love, all you need is love.

So you only tell certain people? Doesn't it feel bad to hide who you are? Or to just not be accepted for you who are?

As for the watching or joining thing, I find that disgusting and perverted. It makes me uncomfortable, I don't want to be on show and I'm not here for entertainment. How did you react to such a request?

As with the openness comes a lot of negative criticism usually indoctrinated in to religious children, much like the ones I grew up with. Hit up a gay club, it's a wicked experience if you're looking for ladies just for fun. Everyone who walks through the door is 'expected' to be gay or bi, the gays guys call you beautiful and compliment what you're wearing and the girls perve and you perve back ;) and from there it's up to you! fyi, you're never too old.

LOL! Darn.. love me some ginger kids.

I don't feel the need to tell everyone about who I like to bonk, but I don't hide it. I'm not ashamed. What's important is that accepting my sexuality was part of my journey in accepting myself; anyone who doesn't accept me for who I am is not someone I accept into my life. It's no different, really, than accepting me for my spirituality (which you get), my sense of humor, or my (non-sexual) passions.

Most of the time if someone asks to watch or take part they're being disrespectful, even if they try to play it off as being funny. It's so transparent, so stupid, so 20th century, so disrespectful (ahem, hetrodoxly). I just tell them my sexuality isn't about them and they generally ****. If they don't, I walk away. I don't have time for creepiness or ignorance.

To clarify, I kept my mouth closed about it until my mid-thirties, in large part because I lived in the Deep South and most bi's live under rocks. I got tired of looking under rocks. Where I live now I have no problem meeting anyone, going to gay bars, etc., and most are quite accepting of it up here. Honestly, it's just not a big deal to me anymore because I've completed my journey to self-acceptance in that area.

On a side note, whenever and wherever the subject of bisexuality and openness comes up, one or more people always ask, "Why do you feel the need to tell anyone?" I like to answer with a question of my own: "You're straight, aren't you?"

Edited by SuddenPsychic
  • Like 1

Hahaha! I got censored! I put the initials for shutting the [letter] up.

I don't feel the need to tell everyone about who I like to bonk, but I don't hide it. I'm not ashamed. What's important is that accepting my sexuality was part of my journey in accepting myself; anyone who doesn't accept me for who I am is not someone I accept into my life. It's no different, really, than accepting me for my spirituality (which you get), my sense of humor, or my (non-sexual) passions.

Most of the time if someone asks to watch or take part they're being disrespectful, even if they try to play it off as being funny. It's so transparent, so stupid, so 20th century, so disrespectful (ahem, hetrodoxly). I just tell them my sexuality isn't about them and they generally ****. If they don't, I walk away. I don't have time for creepiness or ignorance.

To clarify, I kept my mouth closed about it until my mid-thirties, in large part because I lived in the Deep South and most bi's live under rocks. I got tired of looking under rocks. Where I live now I have no problem meeting anyone, going to gay bars, etc., and most are quite accepting of it up here. Honestly, it's just not a big deal to me anymore because I've completed my journey to self-acceptance in that area.

On a side note, whenever and wherever the subject of bisexuality and openness comes up, one or more people always ask, "Why do you feel the need to tell anyone?" I like to answer with a question of my own: "You're straight, aren't you?"

No you've got me all wrong! i will definitely respect you while i'm watching :P

No you've got me all wrong! i will definitely respect you while i'm watching :P

I can't speak for ZaraKitty, and maybe giving your offensive/inane/sexually harassing comments any attention whatsoever is making you worse, but really, show some respect. That's what this thread is about.

You've been a member so long I think you've forgotten the rules about behavior. Maybe you should review.

I can't speak for ZaraKitty, and maybe giving your offensive/inane/sexually harassing comments any attention whatsoever is making you worse, but really, show some respect. That's what this thread is about.

You've been a member so long I think you've forgotten the rules about behavior. Maybe you should review.

He's just kidding. He already saw the comments about it and is just yanking your chains. He is a good guy. ;)

• Like 1

He's just kidding. He already saw the comments about it and is just yanking your chains. He is a good guy. ;)

I figured someone would say that and I don't doubt he is, but it's a sensitive subject and he's button-pushing. I'm not easily offended - I do standup comedy. Maybe one of these days I'll be the one standing up for him and saying he's a good guy, and maybe someone will have to stand up for me and my smart mouth.

Edited by SuddenPsychic

I figured someone would say that and I don't doubt he is, but it's a sensitive subject and he's button-pushing. I'm not easily offended - seriously, I do standup comedy.

Then you should understand. :su

Should i take that for a no?

• Like 1

Should i take that for a no?

You turd...and i was taking up for you! :w00t:

You turd...and i was taking up for you! :w00t:

:devil: I can't help myself, i think it's to late for me to start taking sex seriously

my tolerance to homo/bisexuality has increased with maturity. i was never opposed to it, but for awhile I was unexposed to it so I didn't really have much of an opinion. However, I believe that the issue with intolerance is not reaching a point of maturity. I couldn't imagine being someone that gets disgusting looks, and I know I'd like to say I would just get over it, but the truth is I just don't know. I love humanity too much in general to hate any certain group.

People like to hate, it's as simple as that. They will use pretty much any stupid excuse to hate on each other. Don't pay attention to them, they're not worth it, and it's none of their business who you are sexually attracted to.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

People like to hate, it's as simple as that. They will use pretty much any stupid excuse to hate on each other. Don't pay attention to them, they're not worth it, and it's none of their business who you are sexually attracted to.

1."People like to hate, it's as simple as that"

My response, YEAH THEY DO

2."They will use pretty much any stupid excuse to hate on each other."

My response: as seen in segregation, slavery, racism, and most stereotypes

3."it's none of their business who you are sexually attracted to."

My response: I wish some people would grow up already and realize that they have no right to interfere with what other people do in their personal lives as long as it isn't killing anybody, you seem to understand that fine

4.Don't pay attention to them, they're not worth it,

My response: I wish it were that easy, I am a mutual friend of two gay boys who want to be together, i hear from both of them. It sad, ive found that though they desperately want to be together, the opinions of their parents and peers keep weighing in and stopping them as well as fear that the other is going to reject them. I try to help them get together, but everyone else's opinions and stigmas on gays weighs in and completely overpowers my ability to do so (there must be alot of good friends who are in the same position as me) it's really kind of heartbreaking to watch. bottom line, society as a whole need to get this thing fixed because, the emotions of plenty of children are on the line as well as many others.

I also find it sad that people label somebody else as having a disease because their SEXUAL PREFERENCE deviates from the most common one; what's next? somebody being labeled as diseased because:

he is a dude who likes pink

she is a girl who likes sports

he is a dude who likes dance or music

she hates fairies and all the "girly" stuff

That person has no sexual preference

or do they want to make a variation on an old classic

by saying that being of a certain race makes you diseased

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE CANT LET OTHER PEOPLE LIVE IN PEACE

Edited by CelestialStar

"Once a young gay from Khartoum

Took a lesbian up to his room.

They argued all night

Over who had the right

To do what, and with which, and to whom."

I just started a new job and there is a lesbian in my training class. I know she is a lesbian because the first day she told the entire classroom and continually talked about previous girlfriends, etc.

I could care less. I have been attracted to females myself in my years but believe in monogamy and am faithful to my fiance.

I think this generation just needs to talk about it for attention as there was no prospects in that class at all. Now there's one idiot in the class who can't remember her name so refers to her as 'the lesbian'. Progressive.

• Like 1

Why is that when I openly tell people I'm bisexual, I get disgusting looks and told I'm going to suffer until the end of time. Then, on top of that, I am an agnostic/athiest (I don't believe but I lean more towards the possibility rather then the skeptical and am open minded) people start jumping up and down as if I am the embodiment of their devil. Why does this barbaric practice of treating others different because of their beliefs still happen? I don't laugh in some kids face because they believe in Santa, I don't interrupt anybodies prayers because they mean nothing to me. Why can't I get the same respect I give? Is this ever going to change?

Why? Because there's an over abundance of hypocritical fools who outright ignore and do the opposite of the very person's teachings they claim to be associated with. It disgusts me, and makes me cautious about telling others I'm a Christian myself for fear of being grouped in with them... <_<

Why is that when I openly tell people I'm bisexual, I get disgusting looks and told I'm going to suffer until the end of time.

Because you are telling the wrong people. Seems like a pretty simple answer to a simple question.

Why are you telling people who you most likely know will have a negative reaction? Are you enjoying the attention?

Why? Because there's an over abundance of hypocritical fools who outright ignore and do the opposite of the very person's teachings they claim to be associated with. It disgusts me, and makes me cautious about telling others I'm a Christian myself for fear of being grouped in with them... <_<

I can generally agree to this. Sadly, many people tend to go for a very intolerant approach to things that only hurts themselves and other people. The only difference I can say I take with Aquila here is that I don't try to keep it subtle that I am Christian and my apparel tends to show that. The way I see it, tolerance goes both ways. If another person is so close-minded that I am grouped with intolerance for my faith in God and thus avoided, then I'm better off without them anyways.

I don't care where someone stands on various subjects, if I am treated civil, then I will be civil back.

Bothering about Sexuality is such a stupid thing. It's not something to make a fuss over; it's biology ffs.

I wish I was gay so that when/if I ever run into the Fundamentalist's again, I could tell them it just to annoy them.

I also don't get all this 'coming out' bull**** as well. Seriously, If I were gay I'd be that...gay and it wouldn't be anyone's business it's SO trivial to me anyway. If I saw a dude who I thought was hot I'd gladly accept it. I do think that there are good looking men, but not in a sexual sense, more so a common sense-sense if you know what I mean, someone like Daniel Craig for example - the guys suave as **** and he's hardly ugly, he is bond after all; but I wouldn't want to go with him or anything.

Check that dude out, cooler than ice.

daniel-craig.jpg

Bothering about Sexuality is such a stupid thing. It's not something to make a fuss over; it's biology ffs.

I wish I was gay so that when/if I ever run into the Fundamentalist's again, I could tell them it just to annoy them.

I also don't get all this 'coming out' bull**** as well. Seriously, If I were gay I'd be that...gay and it wouldn't be anyone's business it's SO trivial to me anyway. If I saw a dude who I thought was hot I'd gladly accept it. I do think that there are good looking men, but not in a sexual sense, more so a common sense-sense if you know what I mean, someone like Daniel Craig for example - the guys suave as **** and he's hardly ugly, he is bond after all; but I wouldn't want to go with him or anything.

Check that dude out, cooler than ice.

daniel-craig.jpg

daniel craig is ugly.. you are such a hetro male.. lol..

• Like 1

daniel craig is ugly.. you are such a hetro male.. lol..

I think it's more so because he looks bad ass than anything. :w00t:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sexuality, to me is just another thing that people pointlessly squabble about.

I think that anybody who screams their head off about SOMEBODY ELSES sexuality is probably insecure about themselves, ignorant, or just have been brainwashed that something that shouldn't really matter to them is wrong. and they need to back off, its not like people with different orientation are immoral so just back off, worry about yourself and stop sticking your nose into others lives with the whole "You're going to hell" nonsense