Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

Otherwise they would surely be a little more constructive wouldn't you think?

:blush:

Edited by zoser

Not offended at all. Maybe the skeptic faction is getting just a little desperate with what they are being presented with at the moment?

<snip>

Frankly, the only desperation I have is getting something that can actually can be discussed and/or hasn't been discussed into the ground already. I would really like to see something new that actually had some substance to it, maybe even just the slightest hint that it could be ET.

Well, maybe desperate is not the right word :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Frankly, the only desperation I have is getting something that can actually can be discussed and/or hasn't been discussed into the ground already. I would really like to see something new that actually had some substance to it, maybe even just the slightest hint that it could be ET.

Well, maybe desperate is not the right word :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Try explaining the Crete picture. That would be a good start. Do you think it's a VW? Apparently there are skeptics there that think it is.

Try explaining the Crete picture. That would be a good start. Do you think it's a VW? Apparently there are skeptics there that think it is.

There is no explanation to it. We know neither the size nor the distance. And we have no means of getting those. I am guessing a small bug or a piece of small something that flew fairly close past the lens. Therefore, there is very little to get out of this image in my honest opinion.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

No detail to suggest it's a bug. The first shot looks very much as if the object was on the sky not in front of the lens.

This is a quintessential example of how the ETH works. You take something 'fuzzy' and unexplainable (note that unexplainable and mysterious are not necessarily synonymous) and present it as some sort of evidence that there are 'mysterious' events occurring around us all the time, all the while attempting to steer the debate towards an otherworldly explanation, for 'what else could it be?'. The leaps of logic and logical fallacies aside, it is intellectually dishonest at the very least.

Alien spacecraft or bug or something else entirely, there is no way of determining what that speck in the photos actually is. All that can be done is speculate on it's nature using logic, reason, critical thought and what few facts are available. Even that methodology can't give you a definitive answer in this case though. That leaves probability as the primary avenue of 'research' and unfortunately alien spacecraft are less probable than anything from Earth just by their very nature.

I will bet money that it isn't a flying elephant though, in case anyone was thinking that it might be.

• Like 1

Not offended at all. Maybe the skeptic faction is getting just a little desperate with what they are being presented with at the moment?

:whistle:

I wouldn't let it bug you.

Wait, are you suggesting that anyone feels desperate about your photographs which captured a tiny little blur?

LOL :w00t::lol::rofl:

There is no explanation to it. We know neither the size nor the distance. And we have no means of getting those. I am guessing a small bug or a piece of small something that flew fairly close past the lens. Therefore, there is very little to get out of this image in my honest opinion.

Cheers,

Badeskov

A shiny silver bug that reflects the light? That's a new one. Come on Mr B you can't be serious.

Are you suggesting it was an ET bug then?

Edited by zoser

A shiny silver bug that reflects the light? That's a new one. Come on Mr B you can't be serious.

You've never seen a shiny bug reflecting light?

You've never seen a shiny bug reflecting light?

No. Must have been an ET bug.

Edited by zoser

Nano drone:

483e8bab8f734.n.jpg

Edited by Sweetpumper

Yes, I am very serious, actually. No ET required.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Yes, I am very serious, actually. No ET required.

Cheers,

Badeskov

If you can produce a picture of a light reflecting bug that resembles the Crete photo that would be useful. No challenge intended.

If you can produce a picture of a light reflecting bug that resembles the Crete photo that would be useful. No challenge intended.

I'll see if I can find one. In the lab right now, so I don't have much time for extensive searches, but I'll definitely take a look around :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

I'll see if I can find one. In the lab right now, so I don't have much time for extensive searches, but I'll definitely take a look around :)

I really do think that Zoser's picture looks like something more distant than a big on the lens, and the same is true for the picture in Crete. These do look like more distant objects in reference to other points.

I just did a search for the kind of thing that we photographed. Compare this to my picture:

BC,%20British%20Columbia,%20Canada,%20Vancouver,%20UFO,%20UFOs,%20black,%20orb,%20orbs,%20cloud,%20clouds,%20June,%202012,%20beach,%20sky,%20WTF,%20odd,%20strange,%20news,%20CNN,%20NBC,%20CBS,%20aliensScreen%20Shot%202012-06-05%20at%209.45.59%20AM.png

Sighting: Vancouver BC June 4th 2012.

http://www.ufosighti...louds-over.html

No joke, it looks like a balloon in the video.

• Like 1

Here is one:

IMG_0060.JPG

Link.

And other image of the same beetle, now in silvery color also:

beetleblingr.jpg

Link.

Those are from Costa Rica, but I wouldn't be surprised if such or similar existed in Greece also. That said, I am by no means inferring that that is what the image depicts. I just see it as an option.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Here is one:

IMG_0060.JPG

Link.

And other image of the same beetle, now in silvery color also:

beetleblingr.jpg

Link.

Those are from Costa Rica, but I wouldn't be surprised if such or similar existed in Greece also. That said, I am by no means inferring that that is what the image depicts. I just see it as an option.

Cheers,

Badeskov

You've convinced me. Thanks.

Edited by zoser

Here is one:

Once again, in looking at the picture, I just do not think the object in Crete was that close to the camera. I just don't.

• Like 1

Check out the video in this link. Near the end one of the beetles takes flight... Notice the blur... at the correct angle, we'd have a pretty decent match with the Crete picture in my opinion.

Enjoy

No joke, it looks like a balloon in the video.

Unlikely with it being so opaque I would have thought.

Unlikely with it being so opaque I would have thought.

You've convinced me. Thanks.

It looked something like this only rounder and with the points less predominant.

18AG00685.jpg

Once again, in looking at the picture, I just do not think the object in Crete was that close to the camera. I just don't.

That is fair enough, I respect that. To be quite honest, I have a hard time deciding myself so I am just keeping my options open.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Check out the video in this link. Near the end one of the beetles takes flight... Notice the blur... at the correct angle, we'd have a pretty decent match with the Crete picture in my opinion.

Enjoy

That's the culprit. It's amazing how we can all be so easily fooled by these things.

Edited by zoser