Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

Mt Garibaldi had some landslides in 1981. It's near Vancouver BC

There was an eruption of Mt St Helens in 1980 but it was near Vancouver WA. (I actually remember that one quite well, not too far from where I lived)

Seems like a random question unless I'm missing something....which isn't unusual. ^_^

Was my mistake, the recollection says looks like steam. Not issuing steam. My bad.

Nice to see you back on the thread again psyche :tu:

I was interested in the case McGuffin posted, The Canary Islands sighting.

He has excellent case knowledge, one of the best IMHO.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

What would you expect him to think? What about his testimony? It cannot be disregarded.

Why not? What can you show that proves his statement? The hoax option based on physical appearance outweighs the facts provided for a genuine sighting.

You have some strange fascination with testimony. It has been proven to be unreliable, yet you take testimony to be complete in every detail, assumptions included. That's a fail.

(FN): Did you really think somebody was throwing a bowl?

(MZ) When I saw it, I says ‘did they throw something at me or what.’ Is there anybody really disturbing drivers? Some guy will not be careful and will hit another… but there was nobody there. No living soul. Only the gusts of wind blowing. It didn’t blow initially. At least I couldn’t feel it in the car. I got out of the car. And the other guy is still tipsy after the wedding so he keeps laughing at me..

Those are the references to the bowl idea. I think people are imagining things instead of reading the whole case.

It's not the first time.

Just look at the case in more detail; that's all I ask. If I'm wrong I'm wrong,

(FN): OK, but what did you think about this object when you saw it?

(MZ): When I was looking I thought that some punks must have thrown some bowl at me from a ditch, over the car, it flew sort of in front of the car. I says ‘damn it, they don’t have better things to do…’ I jumped out and I says ‘I’m gonna kick your asses’ but there is no-one around… And the Russian stopped behind me… Other cars didn’t stop. So I look what is wrong with the car but everything is fine. And the car started by itself. I have no idea what it was…

So because a drunk guy, who thought someone threw a bowl could not find a prankster

baby-aliens-history-channel-ancient-aliens-Giorgio-Tsoukalos-1353507114Q.jpg

• Like 2

There's so many eyewitness accounts out there, but not all of them can possibly be true. But I do hold the belief that there are indeed otherwordly beings out there -- it would be egotistical to assume we are the only ones in the universe.

• Like 1

It's more a refusal to dismiss things. Trust doesn't really come into it.

I beg your pardon?

You just refused to discuss the possibility of a hoax with S2F. That is a blatant example of dismissal, and that which you state you take no part in. Yet, here we are. Should I offer a list of subjects that I have countered that you have refused to discuss? Again?

Are you ever "straight up" with people? Seriously, you are one person I would never, ever do business with. You are indeed trusting these people, Have you ever met one person in all the cases you have presented? Have you ever delved into the personal history on one person in any case you have presented? In fact, whilst you claim to question testimony, if ever you do put on that facade, it lasts no more than a day, and then you are back with regarding said testimony as gospel.

And then you tell people in the forum to stop thinking academically, throw away the text books and run with testimony. So you want everyone to simply trust whatever they hear, as long as you find it personally fascinating. As achievements man has made over the last 30 years you find "unimpressive" but you find crap like this "impressive". The hypocritical part is how often you tell people to do some research when you insist people do exactly the opposite. Just what do you want from other posters? You are maddeningly ambiguous, but unable to hide your true agenda.

• Like 2

What annoys me is the way that certain people proceed; a total unwillingness to review the case that has with it a definite sense of arrogance. No attempt at putting forward facts and reasons.

That is exactly 100% how I see pretty much every one of your posts. Heck, you try to tell a rocket scientist he does not know rocket science, and that you know better right here on these boards. I think that is a blatant example of exactly what you are describing here. And you are rude to people with obviously far, far more experience than yourself.

And when people put up facts, you say throw away the textbooks and use your inner instinct. Yet here you are asking for them again??? You just dismissed S2F and in the next post said you refuse to partake in dismissal. What the heck is going on with you Zoser? Nothing you say makes sense or matches up.

Do you actually want to discuss these cases, or do you just want to be impressed by them? This thread is right off the rails.

• Like 2

I don't know, two sources say the same thing, I do not know why they would be wrong at this stage. Test dates are listed in the article, and the Spanish source agrees that the dates match. I remember EOT trying to say that a Russin ICBM was in fact over Israel, and that clearly was not the case, but that distance puts the testing grounds within the ranges of the missile, as the testing range is a very large area.

I hate to tell ya, but that article in Spanish didn't even mention the year 1976 at all, not about the Canary Islands UFOs, missiles or anything else. It explained nothing at all about the 1976 UFO, no matter that it was using some Russian colonel as a source.

They had no real evidence for anything.

Hey 747, you are right of course, maybe a bowl shaped craft is aesthetically pleasing to the aliens as well, who knows? It was more of a satirical observation than anything else. Honestly though, I'd be a bit disappointed if that was the culmination of alien design.

thumbbig-284576.jpg

Why don't we see any craft like this?

I really like the Vulcan design. That ring would make a perfect warp bubble, and can move to change dynamics.

vulcan_commandship_000.jpg

dkyr-sketch.jpg

• Like 1

I hate to tell ya, but that article in Spanish didn't even mention the year 1976 at all, not about the Canary Islands UFOs, missiles or anything else. It explained nothing at all about the 1976 UFO, no matter that it was using some Russian colonel as a source.

They had no real evidence for anything.

Did you end up procuring a translation?

I don't know, it looks like a scouting vessel with the searchlights on it. B)

Regardless, I'm still a bit confounded by the apparent uninspired design features of supposed alien craft. 57 species (allegedly) and all we get to see are discs and spheres? <_<

meme026.jpeg

image_gallery.jpeg

image_gallery-1.jpeg

LINK - Starshine.

There's so many eyewitness accounts out there, but not all of them can possibly be true. But I do hold the belief that there are indeed otherwordly beings out there -- it would be egotistical to assume we are the only ones in the universe.

That is a rare position to assume we are the only life and I have only ever seen one or two people on these boards suggest such, and even then as a thought experiment. It's what we have proof for.

Well, I can translate it myself. You know? I've been around.....

Nice! You are a man of many talents. I did not realise you speak Spanish! What was the picture referring to if the Canary Island UFO was not mentioned?

And thanks for the heads up, handy to know we might call on your translating talents again if that is OK.

Nice! You are a man of many talents. I did not realise you speak Spanish! What was the picture referring to if the Canary Island UFO was not mentioned?

And thanks for the heads up, handy to know we might call on your translating talents again if that is OK.

If that picture was from the 1976 UFO incident, they didn't mention it at all in the text.

• Like 1

Heh, Psyche, those images remind me a bit of:

HL2Gunship.jpg

Hmm, bio-mechanical craft? There's a thought...

PS: Image is of one of a Combine gunship from the game Half Life 2.

• Like 2

I do not find that unreasonable, but I do find it unsupported. Many stories claims beings that are very much physical. I m not understanding why both methods would be deployed, that seems to not make sense to me.

I also think that a robot, or drone, would not have the intelligence to completely elude the entire planet. Even the most complex computers still do not think, in fact computers are efficient, not smart they cannot even subtract. They add negatives. They only do what they are programmed to do, and in an Alien envoronment, I would consider it impossible to be prepared for every eventuality. Machines also break down, have accidents, all sorts of things, but we do not have one.

I think what you have is an interesting thought experiment, and something we might consider someday, but I think a few holes need to be filled yet and I am not sure it would adequately explain the phenomena. I do feel natural phenomena captures a larger part but all in all, from what I have understood, the phenomena simply must have many answers, not a single one.

Surely the obvious answer to that is that Extraterretrial technology would surely be far in advance of ours, and I really don't think it would that be that much of a leap to suppose that they'd have developed AI? Besides, these probes would not necessarily want, or need, to evade the entire planet; just pop up here & there unobtrusively. Something the size of a small microwave oven would only be noticed by anyone who happened to be immediately in the vicinity when it did pop up, and would probably be unnoticed by the Military. Machines also break down, have accidents, all sorts of things, but we do not have one, you say? Well, there've been plenty of reports of UFO crashes, haven't they.... I'm sure we could all think of at least one .. :innocent:

HL2Gunship.jpg

indeed, that is something worth considering, and much along the lines of what I was thinking about. I mean, these are things that we are steadily developing the technology to be able to do, so for any race that's managed to crack interdimensional or wormhole travel, that'd probably be as common as cell phones are to us.

Like UFOology itself.... If there ever was anything with substance in this thread, it is drowned by the gigantual amount of garbage.

Sad really.

• Like 2

HL2Gunship.jpg

PS: Image is of one of a Combine gunship from the game Half Life 2.

That brings back some memories. I hated those damn things. :tu:

I wonder if the end of the world will precede Half-Life 2 ep. 3 or Half Life 3? <_<

That is exactly 100% how I see pretty much every one of your posts. Heck, you try to tell a rocket scientist he does not know rocket science, and that you know better right here on these boards. I think that is a blatant example of exactly what you are describing here. And you are rude to people with obviously far, far more experience than yourself.

And when people put up facts, you say throw away the textbooks and use your inner instinct. Yet here you are asking for them again??? You just dismissed S2F and in the next post said you refuse to partake in dismissal. What the heck is going on with you Zoser? Nothing you say makes sense or matches up.

Do you actually want to discuss these cases, or do you just want to be impressed by them? This thread is right off the rails.

Good to see you back on the thread psyche.

Like UFOology itself.... If there ever was anything with substance in this thread, it is drowned by the gigantual amount of garbage.

Sad really.

That's no way to talk about psyche's posts!

• Like 1

Sad really.

You should know. LOL

• Like 1

You should know. LOL

It's amusing to see how affected some people get when they come in here. That is when they're not 'perplexed', 'befuddled', 'dumbfounded', 'confused' or 'baffled' in addition to 'sad', really.