Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

Hi, folks,

If I disappear for a while, it's because I've managed to either put one too many irons in the fire or am furthering my progress in getting on a first name basis with the folks at the ER ... especially some of the nurses. Or this freaking truck has driven me over the edge and I've gone stark raving sane. (I don't want to talk about it. I'll start whimpering again.) Anyway, this is fun and educational and challenging and even just watching is pretty cool so I do hope to hang in for a while longer.

Understood and take care. As I mentioned in the other thread, I really enjoy reading your contributions. You're a stand up guy full of integrity. Be well my friend, and keep those nurses on their toes! :D

• Like 1

I need a little time to review and refresh my own memory from the early-mid 60s however the object, whatever it was, was reported as being at 30,000' (roughly 9 km) while the airliner was at 39,000' (just shy of 12 km.) It and the F-117 were looking down on it. The radar was looking up. I'm sure that means something but at the moment I can't think of what. I hate when that happens.

He's is one of those who keeps retailing all the various cover stories and imagines that he really has found something special. LOL

Yes, though opinions drawn from observations and study form the original bases of hypotheses.

Hey Boony, granted, however still opinions at this point.

Which is exactly the point I'm making. The phenomena can look like something but not actually be that something.

yes but we can also have something look like the phenomena but not actually be the same phenomena.

As stated there is a lot of room for additional learning with regards to plasma. Is it the same general thing that we are seeing elsewhere? A safe assumption is yes, or if you prefer; probably. Could there be additional variety in this naturally occurring phenomena that we haven't nailed down? I'd say it is very likely.

there most certianly is more to learn as there are aspects to the phenomena observed in Hessdalen that is unlike any known plasma. Also there is uncertainty to the 'power source' as far as I understand....many unanswered questions.

So if it is plasma then yes it will be an unknown variety, but we dont know that is what it is or that it is naturally occuring.

I found this reponse quite interesting from Erling:

12. Are there any signs of intelligence in the Hessdalen phenomena?

The topic of possible intelligence behavior is a difficult topic. One difficulty is how should you define an intelligence behavior? First of all; we have very few happenings which could indicate possible intelligence behavior. Please note the word “possible”. One such happening is the laser test, during the first field work in 1984. We directed a laser to a flashing light. Whenever we did that, the flashing frequency doubled. The power of the laser was too week to claim there was the power from the laser, which influenced on a possible unstable situation. The total power from the He-Ne laser was only 1 mW.

About one week after that, a red spot of light moved around our feet. This light on the snow looked like as if our laser was pointing to the snow. The strong spot of red light moved for some seconds around our feet.

Our second happening could more easily be explained as a more possible natural happening. It was a light standing in the hillside. After one and a half hour it started to move out from the hillside, and stopped in the middle of the valley. It then started to move towards the observers. When they pushed the transmit button on the walkie-talkie, it disappeared.

Other possible intelligence behaviors are on a different label, and cannot be talked about. All together, the amount of possible intelligence behavior are so small, so it does not deserve any further attention.

I wonder what he means by different label? or what he means by cannot be taked about?

I have also read somewhere that Teodorani said that they cannot talk about certain things and that they use cryptic language....ok Im waffling now I will go find what I am talking about as it may have a relevance to the above bolded sentence....

(or I could just be reading too much into it :w00t::tu:

• Like 1

Here is the bit I was talking about:

And, I have many doubts that I would ever speak of this with the general public, not even if we demonstrated in case this possibility scientifically. The public tends to alter and exploit this kind of information (there is a strong dangerous emotional component here), and this is very disturbing to the serene continuation of our research. Therefore I decided, so far, that “certain hypotheses” are not discussed publicly any more. They will be discussed only technically whenever and if we’ll obtain data in this sense. The public, in case, will see only cryptic and cold articles. At the same time a good dose of healthy skepticism is absolutely necessary on this side of the question. In fact I recently discussed this concept in this conceptual paper of mine:

although granted his reasoning behind not 'discussing' the ETH in relation to HP does not in any way seem nefarious as he explains.

Sad though that such restrictions come into play.

anyway some of you may like this

http://openseti.org/Docs/NewSETI_MT_LAKI.pdf

I am uploading a video I made for my dads birthday to vimeo right now.When I wake up in about 2 hours or so, I will post the video.If that is not enough, we can go on to my other suggestions, or whatever you would like for proof.

I back up what I say, with no hesitation.

LOL. None of that's enough. Are you using "vimeo" so no one can say "*sigh*, another YouTube video as evidence?" <insert rolleyes here>

Just kidding, I don't care.

LOL. None of that's enough. Are you using "vimeo" so no one can say "*sigh*, another YouTube video as evidence?" <insert rolleyes here>

Just kidding, I don't care.

Oh no, kidding or not you asked for it :)

This is a video I made for my dads 80th birthday a few years back, and a picture of myself, my son, and my dad....

I am using vimeo because it is much better then youtube.

Here is your proof that my father served in the US Army for over 30 years.

https://vimeo.com/50570247

post-92206-0-81372200-1349196671_thumb.j

Edited by Sakari

It's on vimeo, so it must be true!

:w00t:

Here is where your sarcasm does not work :)

I can furnish every picture for the video one at a time.

I can furnish the person(s) in the picture.

I can furnish the person whom made the video.

I can furnish the paperwork of the person in the video showing military service.

I can make the video, pictures, and literature come with a phone interview, or skype if necessary.

You can also check the time I posted saying I would upload the video here, and check on vimeo when I uploaded it...Simple debunking.

So, do any other people that use videos as evidence offer this?

:)

Edited by Sakari

thanks zoser.......and cheers to you for all the tantalising testimony in this thread....I haven't had time to keep up with it all. But good on ya.... :tu:

No problem. I'm drying up a bit now in terms of cases to post, and I'm beginning to believe that the vast majority of classic cases have been dealt with on this thread. There are just a few more little avenues that I need to explore, but hey who knows the thread may have a lot more life in it yet. Some more contributors would always be helpful though.

Here's to more TT's !

Edited by zoser

Here's a good YouTube video which summarizes why photographic evidence in itself can't be considered reliable from an evidential standpoint.

I watched it, but surely these techniques apply to modern technology. If you watch the first 15 minutes of Stan Friedman's documentary, the compelling thing for me was that some of the cases show the same craft.. The pictures were taken months or years apart and in different places in the world by different people. How likely is it that they are hoaxed? In probability terms 0.001 I would think.

Edited by zoser

Here is where your sarcasm does not work :)

I can furnish every picture for the video one at a time.

I can furnish the person(s) in the picture.

I can furnish the person whom made the video.

I can furnish the paperwork of the person in the video showing military service.

I can make the video, pictures, and literature come with a phone interview, or skype if necessary.

You can also check the time I posted saying I would upload the video here, and check on vimeo when I uploaded it...Simple debunking.

So, do any other people that use videos as evidence offer this?

:)

I'm sure they could if they took their own video.

I have two photographs to share that show some kind of object moving at high speed. We went to Sark at the weekend which is one of the smaller islands between Jersey and Guernsey. The object is unclear but my daughter took four pictures within 1 minute and it appears on two of them. The shots overlook the islands of Brecqhou, Herm and Guernsey and were taken in a NW direction. If you right click on the photo and select properties you can see the camera settings. Notice they were all taken at very high shutter speeds. We saw and heard nothing.

The photos are over 800Mb each so cannot post here. If you IM me your email address I promise to send. Make sure your in box isn't too full.

Zoser

Reduce their size and post them here!

What about the res?

I will try Zshare first; don't go away.

Edited by zoser

I swear they are genuine. I posses no editting software. The resizing was done on line. The resolution is down from 800mb to about 200Mb. If anyone wants the original files please IM me your email and I will send asap. We saw and heard nothing.

On the original files the camera settings are available. All taken at very high shutter speeds with a Nikon D70 (around 1/1600 sec).

Also on the original files is the time stamp that shows that they were all taken within 1 minute.

Edited by zoser

Here's some enhancement. Shows not much of anything other than the blur:

Edited by Sweetpumper

Trying to enhance the second shot - give me a few mins.

post-92240-0-38833700-1349214813_thumb.j

Edited by zoser

Not much on the first one either (Well, your second shot).

Edited by Sweetpumper