Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

So are they some other intelligent life form endemic to this planet yet unknown to us ? There cannot be that many options surely?

Options,...?

The evidence that will solve this once and for all is still in the wind.

Edited by Hazzard

Well, there are natural phenomenon (atmospheric plasmas etc) that act identical to what some people believe to be ET craft, we know this.

We also know that radar alone can not tell if an object is under intelligent control,... and that radar is far from immune to errors.

That's the whole point of what I've been trying to argue. "Atmospheric phenomena" or "Plasma" are just thrown out as a handy all-puprose explanation, but no one seems to be too bothered about what it is, whether or not it can occur under the conditions pertaining where these sightings happen, or to address the mystery of why they do seem very much to be as if they're under intelligent control. People just seem to be content to use them as a handy explanation for UFO sightings, and then sit back & fold their arms as if their only mission is to dismiss UFO sightings and that's an end to it.

• Like 1

Options,...?

The evidence that will solve this once and for all is still in the wind.

I agree; but at least something is there that we can't explain away in bricks and mortar terms. Thank God there is some mystery left in life.

Trindade Brazil - 1958

Trindade, a small rocky island in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean 600 miles off the coast of Bahia, Brazil, was the site of one of the most impressive photographic cases in UFO history.

In October 1957 the Brazilian Navy set up a small scientific base on the unoccupied island, where oceanographic and meteorological research would be conducted in connection with the International Geophysical Year. Starting early the next month, instrument-bearing weather balloons were launched daily. They were designed to explode in the upper atmosphere, releasing the instrument packages which would parachute to earth to be retrieved by the researchers. By the end of the month base personnel were reporting silvery UFOs which seemed to be monitoring the balloons’ movements.

On January 1,1958, at 7:50 A.M., the passage of a bright point of light, like a mirror reflecting sunlight, was observed by the entire garrison. The next evening a round object with an orange glow circled the Navy tow ship Triunfo traveling off the Bahian coast 400 miles from Trindade. As the crew watched, the UFO executed sudden right-angle turns and at other times hovered near the ship. The sighting lasted for 10 minutes.

The most fantastic event occurred on the sixth. The base’s chief officer, Cmdr. Carlos A. Bacellar, had just overseen the launching of a weather balloon into a morning sky clear of everything but a single large cumulus cloud at 14,000 feet. Inside the radio cabin Bacellar listened to the signals the balloon emitted as it ascended. Suddenly those signals inexplicably diminished, then went dead.

When Bacellar went outside to investigate, he saw nothing out of the ordinary, at least at first. The balloon was ascending normally—until it came directly below the cloud, at which point it seemed to be sucked abruptly upward. For the next 10 minutes it remained out of sight and inside the cloud. Finally, when it reappeared, it was above the cloud and devoid of the instrument package.

Soon a silvery object emerged from behind the cloud. As it moved slowly from the southwest to the east, a technician gazing through a theodolite spotted it and alerted the commander, who viewed it briefly through binoculars, then through a sextant. Crescent-shaped and bright white in color, the object reversed course at one point and remained in sight for some time before it entered a cloud bank (Fontes, 1960).

The photographs

Later [16JAN58], at 12:15 P.M., as the Almirante Saldanha sat anchored off the south coast of Trindade and prepared for a return trip to Rio de Janeiro, 48 crew members and passengers spotted an object approaching the island. Among the witnesses was Almiro Barauna, a civilian who had been brought along because of his skill in underwater photography. Barauna gave this account to João Martins of the magazine 0 Cruzeiro:

I had my Rolleiflex 2.8-model E, which was kept inside an aluminum box for protection against the corrosive effects of water and salt. I had left my Leica with a telephoto lens in my cabin a few minutes before. The deck was full of sailors and officers. Suddenly Mr. Amilar Vieira and [retired Air Force] Capt. [José Teobaldo] Viegas called to me, pointing to a certain spot in the sky and yelling about a bright object which was approaching the island.

At this same moment, when I was still trying to see what it was, Lt. Homero [Ribeiro] — the ship’s dentist—came from the bow toward us, running, pointing to the sky and also yelling about an object he was sighting. He was so disturbed and excited that he almost fell down after colliding with a cable. Then I was finally able to locate the object, by the flash it emitted. It was already close to the island.

It glittered at certain moments, perhaps reflecting the sunlight, perhaps changing its own light — I don’t know. It was coming over the sea, moving toward the point called the Galo Crest. I had lost 30 seconds looking for the object, but the camera was already in my hands, ready, when I sighted it clearly silhouetted against the clouds. I shot two photos before it disappeared behind Desejado Peak. My camera was set at speed 125, with the aperture at f/8, and this was the cause of an overexposure error, as I discovered later.

The object remained out of sight for a few seconds— behind the peak— reappearing bigger in size and flying in the opposite direction, but lower and closer than before, and moving at a higher speed. I shot the third photo. The fourth and fifth ones were lost, not only because of the speed the saucer was moving, but also for another reason: in the confusion produced as a result of the sighting, I was being pulled and pushed by other persons also trying to spot the object and, as a consequence, photographed the sea and the island only—not the object. It was moving again toward the sea, in the direction from which it had come, and it appeared to stop in mid-air for a brief time. At that moment I shot my last photo (the last on the film). After about 10 seconds, the object continued to increase its distance from the ship, gradually diminishing in size and finally disappearing into the horizon [ibid.].

The object was gray, metallic, and solid-looking, though surrounded by a greenish haze or mist. With a ring running through its midsection, it resembled a flattened version of the planet Saturn.

Badly shaken by the experience, Barauna removed the film from the camera almost immediately but delayed processing it for an hour. Finally he and Capt. Viegas entered the ship’s darkroom together, while Cmdr. Bacellar (who had not been on deck when the sighting occurred) waited outside the door. Ten minutes later Barauna showed the wet negatives to Bacellar (there was no photographic paper available) and said that it looked as if the UFO’s image had not been picked up. The commander examined the negatives carefully and spotted the image. Subsequently, the other witnesses stated that the object in the photographs was the one they observed ("New Evidence," 1965)

Check out the very short clip and listen carefully to the comments made by the analyst.

trindade5801.jpg

1958-January-16-Trindade-Island-Brazil-ovni-Brasil-UFO.jpg

Edited by zoser

Trindade Brazil - 1958

Trindade, a small rocky island in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean 600 miles off the coast of Bahia, Brazil, was the site of one of the most impressive photographic cases in UFO history.

In October 1957 the Brazilian Navy set up a small scientific base on the unoccupied island, where oceanographic and meteorological research would be conducted in connection with the International Geophysical Year. Starting early the next month, instrument-bearing weather balloons were launched daily. They were designed to explode in the upper atmosphere, releasing the instrument packages which would parachute to earth to be retrieved by the researchers. By the end of the month base personnel were reporting silvery UFOs which seemed to be monitoring the balloons’ movements.

On January 1,1958, at 7:50 A.M., the passage of a bright point of light, like a mirror reflecting sunlight, was observed by the entire garrison. The next evening a round object with an orange glow circled the Navy tow ship Triunfo traveling off the Bahian coast 400 miles from Trindade. As the crew watched, the UFO executed sudden right-angle turns and at other times hovered near the ship. The sighting lasted for 10 minutes.

The most fantastic event occurred on the sixth. The base’s chief officer, Cmdr. Carlos A. Bacellar, had just overseen the launching of a weather balloon into a morning sky clear of everything but a single large cumulus cloud at 14,000 feet. Inside the radio cabin Bacellar listened to the signals the balloon emitted as it ascended. Suddenly those signals inexplicably diminished, then went dead.

When Bacellar went outside to investigate, he saw nothing out of the ordinary, at least at first. The balloon was ascending normally—until it came directly below the cloud, at which point it seemed to be sucked abruptly upward. For the next 10 minutes it remained out of sight and inside the cloud. Finally, when it reappeared, it was above the cloud and devoid of the instrument package.

Soon a silvery object emerged from behind the cloud. As it moved slowly from the southwest to the east, a technician gazing through a theodolite spotted it and alerted the commander, who viewed it briefly through binoculars, then through a sextant. Crescent-shaped and bright white in color, the object reversed course at one point and remained in sight for some time before it entered a cloud bank (Fontes, 1960).

The photographs

Later [16JAN58], at 12:15 P.M., as the Almirante Saldanha sat anchored off the south coast of Trindade and prepared for a return trip to Rio de Janeiro, 48 crew members and passengers spotted an object approaching the island. Among the witnesses was Almiro Barauna, a civilian who had been brought along because of his skill in underwater photography. Barauna gave this account to João Martins of the magazine 0 Cruzeiro:

I had my Rolleiflex 2.8-model E, which was kept inside an aluminum box for protection against the corrosive effects of water and salt. I had left my Leica with a telephoto lens in my cabin a few minutes before. The deck was full of sailors and officers. Suddenly Mr. Amilar Vieira and [retired Air Force] Capt. [José Teobaldo] Viegas called to me, pointing to a certain spot in the sky and yelling about a bright object which was approaching the island.

At this same moment, when I was still trying to see what it was, Lt. Homero [Ribeiro] — the ship’s dentist—came from the bow toward us, running, pointing to the sky and also yelling about an object he was sighting. He was so disturbed and excited that he almost fell down after colliding with a cable. Then I was finally able to locate the object, by the flash it emitted. It was already close to the island.

It glittered at certain moments, perhaps reflecting the sunlight, perhaps changing its own light — I don’t know. It was coming over the sea, moving toward the point called the Galo Crest. I had lost 30 seconds looking for the object, but the camera was already in my hands, ready, when I sighted it clearly silhouetted against the clouds. I shot two photos before it disappeared behind Desejado Peak. My camera was set at speed 125, with the aperture at f/8, and this was the cause of an overexposure error, as I discovered later.

The object remained out of sight for a few seconds— behind the peak— reappearing bigger in size and flying in the opposite direction, but lower and closer than before, and moving at a higher speed. I shot the third photo. The fourth and fifth ones were lost, not only because of the speed the saucer was moving, but also for another reason: in the confusion produced as a result of the sighting, I was being pulled and pushed by other persons also trying to spot the object and, as a consequence, photographed the sea and the island only—not the object. It was moving again toward the sea, in the direction from which it had come, and it appeared to stop in mid-air for a brief time. At that moment I shot my last photo (the last on the film). After about 10 seconds, the object continued to increase its distance from the ship, gradually diminishing in size and finally disappearing into the horizon [ibid.].

The object was gray, metallic, and solid-looking, though surrounded by a greenish haze or mist. With a ring running through its midsection, it resembled a flattened version of the planet Saturn.

Badly shaken by the experience, Barauna removed the film from the camera almost immediately but delayed processing it for an hour. Finally he and Capt. Viegas entered the ship’s darkroom together, while Cmdr. Bacellar (who had not been on deck when the sighting occurred) waited outside the door. Ten minutes later Barauna showed the wet negatives to Bacellar (there was no photographic paper available) and said that it looked as if the UFO’s image had not been picked up. The commander examined the negatives carefully and spotted the image. Subsequently, the other witnesses stated that the object in the photographs was the one they observed ("New Evidence," 1965)

Check out the very short clip and listen carefully to the comments made by the analyst.

trindade5801.jpg

1958-January-16-Trindade-Island-Brazil-ovni-Brasil-UFO.jpg

Not sure if this is accurate but It seems in 2010 that the photographer who took the pictures admitted it was a hoax.

http://forgetomori.com/2010/ufos/trindade-island-case-photographer-admits-hoax/

...Thats why i am barely opening this site... forum made for disscusions is made for supression we don't need your government to explain

have noticed that!! Some real lead weights on the site......

Great post!!!

Not sure if this is accurate but It seems in 2010 that the photographer who took the pictures admitted it was a hoax.

No, he didn't admit anything in 2010 because he had already been dead for ten years by then, not unless he communicated through a seance or spirit rapping. It's only a secondhand story from someone who knew him.

Project Blue Book said the pictures were a hoax, but I doubt most of their conclusions anyway.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openminds.tv%2Ftrindade-ufo-case-205%2F&ei=mvptUMnGKZK88wSB7YHoAg&usg=AFQjCNGwb7ELSd-lpLN-p6YOLJ3d93-PSQ&sig2=7i7Q0q-qpoSE9WiKFLdctg

• Like 1

There is also this...

Someday you are going to "like" one thing I post on here, and on that day I shall die of a stroke.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Some day you are going to "like" one thing I post on here, and on that day I shall die from a stroke.

I've "liked" several of your posts McG, and yet your grumpy old curmudgeon self is still typing away with no stroke at all. :hmm: Or did you have a stroke and forget the posts of yours that I've actually clicked "like" on?

Edit:

Several is an inaccurate description actually. I just reviewed your liked content and only found three posts of yours that I've clicked "Like" on. Your contributions are more deserving of credit than that, but forgive me if I haven't clicked "Like" enough.

The biggest one for me was this one. We might do well to return to that before things get any uglier. What do you say?

Edited by booNyzarC
  • Like 4

That's the whole point of what I've been trying to argue. "Atmospheric phenomena" or "Plasma" are just thrown out as a handy all-puprose explanation, but no one seems to be too bothered about what it is, whether or not it can occur under the conditions pertaining where these sightings happen, or to address the mystery of why they do seem very much to be as if they're under intelligent control. People just seem to be content to use them as a handy explanation for UFO sightings, and then sit back & fold their arms as if their only mission is to dismiss UFO sightings and that's an end to it.

There is no skeptic here trying to "explain away" the UFO phenomenon. Most people here agrees that it needs to be examined and investigated..... but so does the other stuff (not so exotic" terrrestrial phenomenon) that is tied in with the UFO sightings... agreed???

There is no skeptic here trying to "explain away" the UFO phenomenon. Most people here agrees that it needs to be examined and investigated..... but so does the other stuff (not so exotic" terrrestrial phenomenon) that is tied in with the UFO sightings... agreed???

No argument here,... I would also like to believe that without skeptics, the field of UFOology would be an even bigger mess than it is today. At least someone is trying to weed out all the nonsense. And believe you me, if there ever was a field that is filled to the rim with it its this one.

No argument here,... I would also like to believe that without skeptics, the field of UFOology would be an even bigger mess than it is today. At least someone is trying to weed out all the nonsense. And believe you me, if there ever was a field that is filled to the rim with it its this one.

You're right. Ufology is a mess and it is filled with nonsense. But the truth is out there somewhere and I guess that's what we are all after.

One guy I respected in the field was James Fox who had a good documentary called "Out of the Blue". Saw him on Larry King live and some other appearances and he seemed to be giving things a fair evaluation.

Then last night I stumbled on an episode of National Geographic's UFO Chasers and wasted an hour watching it. I was dumbfounded at the amateurish production and lame investigation methods.

Really, it's so bad that it deserves a watch. I am wondering what any of you may think about it and how it may influence your view of National Geographic and James Fox in particular.

Surely James has traded in his search for the truth for an opportunity to make some cash.

Here's a link to one episode and a promotional poster.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed on copyright grounds

http://forgetomori.c...er-admits-hoax/

Surely he would have hoaxed them better than that? They have to be blown up to see the detail. Also there were lots of witnesses. See clip.

There is also this...

An airplane? Really? That argument is as weak as a kitten. What about the engine noise? :blush:

An airplane? Really? That argument is as weak as a kitten. What about the engine noise? :blush:

What about it? If you were intentionally creating a hoax would you mention something like that?

Zoser, I really hope one day you have something other then a youtube video as evidence. I know you saw a couple pages back the youtube video shown as a hoax, and the following discussion about this, yet, you use these videos as evidence anyway.

Sometimes wanting something to be real so much can and will make you believe anything you see or hear as truth. It is a addiction.

• Like 1

Roswell NM - 1947

A couple of interesting testimonies regarding Roswell. The first from the granddaughter of Sheriff George Wilcox who rancher Mac Brazel contacted. She has spoken with key witnesses and family of witnesses regarding the event. She was also a witness a UFO sighting herself over Phoenix.

The second is by a private who in 1947 was assigned to the 390th air service squadron at Roswell airfield. His testimony needs no explanation. What he saw is incredible.

Zoser, I really hope one day you have something other then a youtube video as evidence. I know you saw a couple pages back the youtube video shown as a hoax, and the following discussion about this, yet, you use these videos as evidence anyway.

Sometimes wanting something to be real so much can and will make you believe anything you see or hear as truth. It is a addiction.

Nobody would deny that there are thousands of hoaxes around. Don't forget what this thread is all about; direct witness testimony. What better way to portray that than by being able to look into the eyes of the people themselves as they relate their stories. The best possible evidence imho.

Particularly when there are hundreds of them.

Nobody would deny that there are thousands of hoaxes around. Don't forget what this thread is all about; direct witness testimony. What better way to portray that than by being able to look into the eyes of the people themselves as they relate their stories. The best possible evidence imho.

Particularly when there are hundreds of them.

The interviews are fine. I am talking more about the " UFO caught on tape " videos.

And, I am being sincere, I do hope you find something some day. I also think you may want this to be real so bad that you believe more then you should. But that is just a opinion, and if you did not post, I would not have anything to read or watch. :)

There is also this...

In all sensibility why would a geological survey team try and create a UFO hoax? Is that really what they were there for? Come on guys get real.

The interviews are fine. I am talking more about the " UFO caught on tape " videos.

And, I am being sincere, I do hope you find something some day. I also think you may want this to be real so bad that you believe more then you should. But that is just a opinion, and if you did not post, I would not have anything to read or watch. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJsDzhdgmbA

In all sensibility why would a geological survey team try and create a UFO hoax? Is that really what they were there for? Come on guys get real.

Quick story about hoax's Zoser....

WADSWORTH, Nev. — At least a couple of people near Wadsworth have reported seeing an alligator in the Truckee River and state game wardens are taking the claim seriously enough to set traps baited with chicken meat for the reptile.

So far, however, the gator, described as 3 to 4 feet long, has given authorities the slip.

Jim Curran, the state's regional fisheries supervisor, said the reported alligator is too small to pose a threat and might not survive the near-freezing winter waters anyway.

pixel.gif

"We figure this one must have been someone's pet," Curran said. "When it got too big, they dumped it in the river."

The first reported sighting came Oct. 14 when Jack Maughan said he saw the snub-nosed animal in the river while taking his daily walk along the bank. And Maughan's son, Bryan, says he spotted the reptile on Sunday.

The story of the Wadsworth gator sightings isn't being ignored by the town, about 10 miles east of the Reno-Sparks area.

Tom Peterson, local fire chief and owner of the Wadsworth Inn, has had T-shirts made boasting that the town is the state's gator capital. And this weekend Fire Department volunteers are hosting an Indian taco feed featuring "super-hot gator sauce."

Meanwhile, the legend continues to grow. "Yeah, it's 3 to 4 feet long, but at 11 o'clock, after a few beers, that gator gets to be a 16-footer," Peterson says.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-10-22/news/mn-316_1_truckee-river

I was 22 when that story came out, I am now 46. That story made the front page of the Reno Gazette, and this is right before the first Iraq war. I had a co-worker whom had a brother that had a pet Caimon, coincidently he wanted to get rid of this pet. A reward was offered for the capture of the " alligator ", and one thing led to another. I was young and dumb. The capture brought in all 3 news stations, and a big fiasco, we made front page news the day we bombed Iraq, same page.

It was all a hoax, every bit of it.....Why do people do it? It was fun at the time, it was exciting. The most fun was seeing peoples reactions, and seing people report sightings themselves, all while laughing knowing nothing was in that river. Not to mention, it was cold, and the truckee river is fed by Lake Tahoe ( snow run off ).

All in all, I still tell the story, and it was a hoax.....People do it because it is a form of entertainment.

WADSWORTH, NEV. — FIGHTING CAIMANS. The legendary ''16-foot Wadsworth gator'' is a South American caiman. He's only 3 feet long and 10 pounds. He likes cheeseburgers better than chicken bait set for him in the Truckee River. Nevada Game Warden Steve Albert has taken custody of the caiman, a cousin of the alligator. The reptile was seen in the river Oct. 14 and was probably put there by someone who tired of it as a pet. Robert Lester, 22, of Sparks, and John Warner, 26, of Reno, captured it while fishing. Warner kept the caiman in his bathtub and fed him cheeseburgers hoping to make him a pet, although that's illegal. Warner collected a $500 reward a Reno man offered. Eddie Floyd, a University of Florida alumnus, paid the reward. ''I can't take it back to Florida because there are no Florida Fightin' Caimans,'' he said. ''But I'm glad it's okay.''

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1988-11-03/news/0080110095_1_caiman-cheeseburgers-university-of-florida

Winchester England - 1976

Sorry to post another so quickly but this one just couldn't wait. I have watched it three times already. It's only a short testimony by an English lady and her gentleman friend who had a close encounter. The alien being described sounds familiar in two ways:

1) Wearing similar clothing as described by Jesse Roestenburg

2) Facial hair similar to that described by Alan Godfrey also from England (The Todmorden Case) who had an encounter with a being called Joseph (see photo below).

This is a truly incredible testimony and I would have waited, but it's too good to delay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=antKzrygQyA&feature=related

godfreydrawing.jpg