Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

Always been a Speilberg fan Boony, but I was just too old to appreciate that schmaltzy movie when it first came out!

And having to endure the tedium of watching it with my own kids over the years,...i've grown to detest the damn thing!!...and am definitely not looking forward to having to suffer further viewings with the grandkids! lol!...call me a grumpy old man if you like. :angry: ....but I do like watching 'Batteries Not Included' though! :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

LOL :lol:

Well I loved it when it first came out, and for that reason it will always hold a special place in my memories. :D

Probably for the same reasons that your kids and eventually your grandkids will love it too! ;)

But I agree, I can't watch it anymore myself. Once was enough, twice was nostalgic, and three or more is just overkill. I don't don't envy your purgatory! ROFL :rofl:

• Like 1

I don't know anything about Eisenhower but Harry Truman knew about them and was very afraid of the technology and went from there. In the beginning he didn't think they were bad because he thought they could have easily destroyed us but something changed his mind later. This came to me from a very reliable source in the 60's. Lazor is a misinformation con.

I always thought Bob Lazar was just another Las Vegas hustler. There's one behind every tree and there were quite a few who started peddling various "Area 51" hoaxes just to make a dollar.

As for Truman and Eisenhower, everything I know indicates that they took a very tough line on UFOs and viewed them as a military problem or national security issue. Whatever was going on, they didn't seem to regard them as a friendly presence.

But,..did he see that coming MacGuffin...? :innocent:

Cheers.

I don't think so, although of course he believed in ETs and that they had been visiting earth for a long time. That goes without saying, but I never heard that he predicted they would drop in on his own hometown.

Always been a Speilberg fan Boony, but I was just too old to appreciate that schmaltzy movie when it first came out!

And having to endure the tedium of watching it with my own kids over the years,...i've grown to detest the damn thing!!...and am definitely not looking forward to having to suffer further viewings with the grandkids! lol!...call me a grumpy old man if you like. :angry: ....but I do like watching 'Batteries Not Included' though! :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

oh dear, yes, would have been much more suited to coming from Disney I think. Anyway, according to one popular theory, wasn't Spileberg commissioned to make E.T. inorder to soften the public up for disclosure of the trruth about extraterrestrials? I wonder why that never happened. Perhaps official policy changed. :unsure2:

Good Lord, people,... Hollywood movies predicting the future,... now that is funny.

Cherry picking at its finest.

I have sometimes thought it was all a hoax, but when I watched this particular documentary I thought they were all telling the truth as they remembered it.

PS It occurs to me that filing a false report with the police is also a crime and one can go to jail for it. None of these kids were ever charged, though.

I think so too. It's a lot of trouble to go to to launch a book and film when a prison sentence is at stake; for all of them. Travis has always claimed that the net benefit has been negative; he wishes that it never had happened. Then there are the other guys involved; did they receive a share of the royalties from the film?

I can't believe that anyone made very much out of it. As MacG said the risk was huge that one of them would have cracked under the pressure. No it really happened; and again it's not an isolated case by any means; just the most widely publicised.

I watched the video and I have to say I think it's a bad piece of fiction. Too many important holes in the info for that to be legit.

And the presenter mentions working with Andrew Basiago, who is a delusional psychotic who's fairy tales about time travel contain numerous historical errors. Then he goes off later giving recognition to another conman of ufology, Bob Lazar.

Sorry, but Basiago and Lazar always have redlined my BS meter. The fact that this guy gives them each a plug damages his own credibility in my view.

Reality is that if that really was a highly classified briefing he stumbled upon on the internet, it's not likely he would get away with presenting it publicly, let alone posting this video of it online.

The video was a piece of fiction; the book differs from the film particularly regarding the ET encounter. Better to read the book imho.

Good Lord, people,... Hollywood movies predicting the future,... now that is funny.

Cherry picking at its finest.

There are many instances of science fiction portraying technologies which have become reality in later years.

Not necessarily "predicting" the future, it's just that as technology advances things once only imagined come to life.

It relates well to Clark's Third Law:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

I have often wondered about that George Adamski. I mean, if Uncle Sugar really wants to get you, they can start hanging all these federal fraud charges on you like mail fraud, wire fraud, telephone fraud, and then start calling in the Internal Revenue Service and all that. They can just pile up these long lists of charges that end up sending you away to federal prison for 20 or 30 years. That wasn't done in his case, and maybe he did have someone who just decided to give him a pass to travel around the world talking about all these "contacts" with Venusians and what not.

Was it just to make the whole subject look silly or to distract and divert attention from the real story? Who knows?

I believe Adamski to be genuine. His videos look suspicious at first glance, but several examinations have been conducted on them and they have all come out positive. I do wonder if Billy Meier studied the Adamski case and decided to do his own version? Something about Meier doesn't hold true for me. Maybe someone could chaeck the dates of the two characters and see if this is a valid hypothesis?

I think so too. It's a lot of trouble to go to to launch a book and film when a prison sentence is at stake; for all of them. Travis has always claimed that the net benefit has been negative; he wishes that it never had happened. Then there are the other guys involved; did they receive a share of the royalties from the film?

I can't believe that anyone made very much out of it. As MacG said the risk was huge that one of them would have cracked under the pressure. No it really happened; and again it's not an isolated case by any means; just the most widely publicised.

I think that's right. If it was just a big joke or a hoax, all that would have stopped when the cops started talking about murder charges, which is a capital crime in the United States.

In my mind, at least, that's when the joke is over, but I still think those kids were genuinely terrified by what happened that night. They still are. Whatever it was, it scared them for life, and even some of the hard-nosed cops who have heard every lie there is began to believe them, or at least wonder if something very extraordinary had happened.

I have heard that the military was tracking UFOs in various places that night, and also sent its own investigators to keep discrete tabs on the Walton case.

• Like 1

There are many instances of science fiction portraying technologies which have become reality in later years.

Not necessarily "predicting" the future, it's just that as technology advances things once only imagined come to life.

It relates well to Clark's Third Law:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Star Trek is one example among many where TV and the movies did predict new technologies that were coming along, and that show in particular always had large numbers of scientists, engineers and NASA people among its fans, who were always sending in all kinds of "suggestions".

I believe Adamski to be genuine. His videos look suspicious at first glance, but several examinations have been conducted on them and they have all come out positive. I do wonder if Billy Meier studied the Adamski case and decided to do his own version? Something about Meier doesn't hold true for me. Maybe someone could chaeck the dates of the two characters and see if this is a valid hypothesis?

I doubted Adamski all along because I just couldn't believe in Nordic aliens from Venus. There's no doubt that he had some kind on entree into the government, though, including presidents. So did some other UFO "contactees" like Frank Stranges, or so they said.

I have no problem at all with the idea that aliens are already here and that they would make an effort to look like us if they wanted to blend in, but Adamski was too far fetched, and his films and pictures look faked to me.

• Like 1

I doubted Adamski all along because I just couldn't believe in Nordic aliens from Venus. There's no doubt that he had some kind on entree into the government, though, including presidents. So did some other UFO "contactees" like Frank Stranges, or so they said.

I have no problem at all with the idea that aliens are already here and that they would make an effort to look like us if they wanted to blend in, but Adamski was too far fetched, and his films and pictures look faked to me.

From looking at the footage I agree it looks suspicious. What about the Adamski's friends and witnesses who supposedly saw the UFO's flying in?

With regard to the Venusians don't forget the famous Valiant Thor and his comrades.. Where did they appear from and where did they go? Nobody has ever come forward with an explanation.

Poor Travis, if he was telling the truth, those beautiful blond ETs he saw were hiding their true appearance and were also quite unfriendly, if you can believe all these other stories you hear. Who can say for sure? Not me.

I thought the humanoids just wanted him off the ship pretty damn quick? So they drugged him and dumped him. It seemed to me as if the little grey fellows were the culprits for bringing him on board. I did wonder if the humanoids were shocked to see him on board? Just my hypothesis.

Todmorden England - 1980

In November and December 1980, the eastern side of Britain was experiencing a major UFO sighting wave. There were chases of UFOs by police cars near the coast, a UFO that overflew an oil rig in the North Sea, and the wave culminated in the famous events on the East Anglian coast at Rendlesham Forest.

Just a month before these landings beside those NATO air bases, one of the most impressive alien abduction cases took place in the small Penninemill town of Todmorden, West Yorkshire, right in the centre of Britain's most active window area known locally as "UFO Alley".

Police Constable Alan Godfrey was on patrol on the night of 28 November 1980. Just before dawn he drove along Burnley Road on the edge of Todmorden looking for some cows that had been reported missing. They were only found after sun-up, mysteriously relocated in a rain-soaked field without hoofmarks to indicate their passage.

Giving up his nocturnal hunt, Godfrey was about to go back to base to sign off duty when he saw a large mass a few hundred yards ahead. At first, he thought it was a bus coming towards him that took workers to their jobs in town and that he knew passed about 5:00 a.m.

But as he approached, he realized that it was something very strange. It was a fuzzy oval that rotated at such speed and hovered so low over the otherwise deserted highway that it was causing the bushes by the side to shake.

The police officer stopped, propped onto his windscreen a pad that was in the patrol car to make sketches of any road accidents, and drew the UFO. Then there was a burst of light, and the next thing he knew he was driving his car again, further along Burnley Road, with no sign of the UFO.

Godfrey turned around and examined the spot where the UFO had hovered.

The road was very wet as it had rained heavily earlier in the night. But just at this one location was a circular patch where the roadway had been dried in a swirled pattern. Only when back at the police station did he realise that it was a little later than he had expected - although any missing time was probably no greater than 15 minutes from estimates later taken on site.

Concerned as to possible ridicule, Godfrey at first chose not to make an official report, but changed his mind later that day when he discovered he was not alone. After breakfast that morning, a driver who had been on Burnley Road three miles further out at Cliviger reported seeing a brilliant white object and contacted Todmorden police.

The time matched that of Alan Godfrey's. Furthermore, a police patrol from an adjacent force (Halifax) had been engaged in a stakeout for stolen motorcycles on the moors of the Calder Valley and had witnessed a brilliant blue-white glow descending into the valley towards Todmorden shortly before Godfrey experienced his close encounter. Their story, when it reached Todmorden police station, formed a second match.

Encouraged by this news Godfrey filed an official report, but was surprised when police chose to release the story to the local newspaper the following week. From here, UFOlogists discovered the case and a lengthy investigation was mounted by a Manchester-based UFO group.

Although Alan Godfrey had no further conscious recall of the missing time, he did have increasingly confused memory of the sequence of events surrounding the sighting (with an unexplained image of seeing himself outside the car during the sighting). There was also puzzling physical evidence.

His police-issue boots were split on the sole, as if he had been dragged along the floor and they had caught on something.

He also reported a previous history of seeing other strange things and having experienced at least one earlier time lapse as a youth—factors that UFOlogists have come to recognise as common with abduction cases.

When sure that all conscious testimony had been recorded, Godfrey agreed to be hypnotically regressed by a Manchester psychiatrist eight months after the incident. He eventually had several other sessions with different therapists, and his recall in later sessions was video-taped.

The doctor refused permission to the UFO group for the first session to be recorded.

The hypnotic testimony is very odd, and Godfrey was never to be sure what really happened. Under regression he told of the bright light stopping the car engine, causing his radio and police handset both to be filled with static and then to be swamped by blinding light as he lost consciousness.

His next recall was of being inside a strange room, more like a house than a spaceship, complete with a most unexpected large black dog. He was studied by a heavily bearded man who telepathically conveyed that his name was "Yosef" and whose clothing was very Biblical in nature.

Assisting Yosef were several small robot-like creatures "the size of a five-year-old lad" and with "a head shaped like a lamp". They are reminiscent of the "Grays" of UFO lore; although with major differences.

Godfrey was supposedly asked questions, told that he "knew" Josef, and was promised a later encounter. But apparently he was not subjected to the more familiar indignities of abduction stories (especially from the US), such as bodily fluid samples and rectal probes.

Although there were periods of missing memory, the hypnotic recall that did emerge was a curious hybrid of mythic images, UFO case elements and dream like sequences.

When asked his opinion as to the reality status of this hypnotic testimony, Alan Godfrey was refreshingly honest. He told me he was certain that the UFO encounter was real, but he could not determine whether the story offered by hypnosis was a dream, a fantasy, reality, or a mixture of all three.

Unhappily, Alan Godfrey suffered terribly after this encounter. When I first wrote up the investigation (just before the regression hypnosis began) for Flying Saucer Review magazine in l981, I deliberately changed his identity to help protect him; although this was probably futile because the story had already been featured in the local press under Godfrey's real name.

However, despite my refusal to assist them, a tabloid reporter traced the witness and devoted a front-page banner headline article to the story — read by millions over the Sunday lunch—which led to the officer being called to explain himself before his superiors.

He was forced to undergo medical investigation to determine his "status", but was pronounced psychologically fit and healthy. Yet after some years feeling that he would never be allowed to forget his sighting, he took advice to honorably resign over an unrelated physical injury incurred during an incident in which he bravely intervened to avert a crime.

Todmorden, both before 1980 and in the years since, has been a hotbed of alien contact activity with several other major encounters having been investigated, including another abduction of a truck driver from Burnley Road only a little further out of Todmorden and on the same highway.

Although not covered in the above write-up, here is a picture of Zigmund Adamski who was mysteriously found dead on top of a high coal heap. His death was widely thought to be connected to the UFO phenomena in that area.

ufo_adamski_150.jpg

908643cd9a2e.jpg

Alan Godfrey:

0.jpg

Some impressions of the craft from as Godfrey remembers it:

ats29117_Alan_Godfrey_198.jpg

1980.11.28-todmorden,-west-.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhovvOK_qak&feature=player_embedded

I agree. It's all a bit "out there" for me to accept. His wife being reincarnated on Venus, and him being whipped away for a meeting on Saturn...and that's just the routine stuff.

It would seem probable to me, that a civilization, having mastered spacetravel as a daily activity, the way we hop in the car to go for a coffee, might find time to look at more habitable real estate than Venus.

Seems to be an eccentric with a touch of delusional psychosis.

Todmorden England - 1980

Although not covered in the above write-up, here is a picture of Zigmund Adamski who was mysteriously found dead on top of a high coal heap. His death was widely thought to be connected to the UFO phenomena in that area.

ufo_adamski_150.jpg

Is Zigmund Adamski any relation to George Adamski?

Is Zigmund Adamski any relation to George Adamski?

No but the surname connection is uncanny to say the least! Enjoy the case; it's a right cracker.

When I read cases like that I tend to ascribe to Steven Greer's theory that they are all benevolent.

How come??

No but the surname connection is uncanny to say the least! Enjoy the case; it's a right cracker.

I'm quite familiar with the case and yes, it's a whopper.

That's a bizarre coincidence with the names...that it follows the cases were looking at.

I was thrashing Google feverishly in the few minutes it took you to reply :geek:

Cheers buddy.

You know E.T. is coming out on blue-Ray :yes:

When I was younger I watched E.T. when I went over to my grandmothers, I was in no way obsessed with it. That movie scares my younger brother so much that whenever the commercial for it comes on he runs out of the room.

• Like 1

How come??

Steven Greer's theory is that all ET's visiting are very benevolent towards us. When I hear about them scaring hell out of people, abduction, anal probes, or cattle mutilation, I like to tell myself he's right.

He could be right. His theory is that if they were here to conquer, enslave, or outright destroy us, they would have done it by now.

Steven Greer's theory is that all ET's visiting are very benevolent towards us. When I hear about them scaring hell out of people, abduction, anal probes, or cattle mutilation, I like to tell myself he's right.

He could be right. His theory is that if they were here to conquer, enslave, or outright destroy us, they would have done it by now.

But If there are multiple groups of aliens each with there own ideas and things it would make sense that some of them would be malevolent. I mean thats just makes sense in my mind.

• Like 1

In Project Eve, the story goes, Harry Truman ordered the military and scientists to find a way to nuke the aliens, just develop weapons to nuke 'em out there in space. This was in 1949, or so they say, but once again there's no way in hell to find proof for something like that.

Is some of it true, all of it or none of it? Is it real of just more disinformation from Richard Doty and the DIA and AFOSI? Your guess is as good as mine.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN-h-iX_LtU&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Very enlightening. It does indeed portray Adamski as a hoaxer but was he funded by higher powers? I still need a little more convincing before I write him off as a fraud.

Edited by zoser

Very enlightening. It does indeed portray Adamski as a hoaxer but was he funded by higher powers? I still need a little more convincing before I write him off as a fraud.

Wait a minute,... So, any UFO legend, like Adamski Bob Lazar or Billy Meier, that is proven to be a lier and a hoaxer just has to be a government disinformation agent?!!

Is that really what you are saying here??