Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demons or my sister lies

Sunuviel14

My little sister keeps waking me up in the middle of the night telling me that demons or something like that have been sitting on her stomach and covering her mouth. I humor her because, after all, she is my sister, but I haven't seen anything and I don't feel inclined to believe her.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sunuviel14

• PurpleStuart

• dancin'hamster

• Phantom

Is there another sibling that could be playing a joke on your sister? Or is there a pet to consider? Perhaps she is playing a joke on you?

Old Hag is a syndrome where the brain can send messages to the body to make you believe you are being held down or have somebody on your chest . But before you go jumping the gun spend a bit of time checking out the other options it,s easy to overlook things.

So as Homer asked .Have you got any pets? smile.gif

Nope, no other siblings, and we do have pets, 2 dogs & 3 cats, but they sleep outside. She says it happened after she broke up with her boyfriend & that he was a demon & he would find her & take her away O.o This story seems a bit far-fetched, I think she just wants to sleep in my room...

You've pretty much answered your own question, Sun. No other siblings, broke up with a boyfriend, she's craving attention, affection and support. Probably not easily gotten from your parents depending on the circumstances, so you're her only outlet. Not clear about the 'demon' part, unless her boyfriend was abusive to her, or was he into the occult in some fashion? Either way, she could be associating those images and it is affecting her adversely. I'd suggest you comfort her for the time being, help her get back on her feet.

Magikman smile.gif

never know, maybe it is a demon. cant be sure until you have seen. not seen it. i.e. been there when she "supposedly" was being sat on and saw niothing

• 1 month later...

Not a demon, it's Sleep Paralysis if its anything. There are many mentions of this across this forum - it's basically what Kismit has said about Old Hag. Whilst asleep the body produces chemicals to keep the muscles from acting out your dreams. Normally this only happens whilst you're asleep, but it is possible to awake in this state. The symptoms are the inability to move, a blurring of vision (often patten matched by an awaking brain as a figure in white), and difficulty of breathing. It's perfectly natural and happens not uncommonly. There is some more info about this condition here.

biggrin.gif indeed

• 6 months later...
My little sister keeps waking me up in the middle of the night telling me that demons or something like that have been sitting on her stomach and covering her mouth. I humor her because, after all, she is my sister, but I haven't seen anything and I don't feel inclined to believe her.

2 words. SLEEP PARYLASIS

You might want to spell it "PARALYSIS" if you intend to do a search on the subject. I know this happens, I have had it happen to me on several occasions, especially after traumatic experiences when sleep patterns are disrupted.

Hello Sun original.gif

I think she's winding you up ~ it's her job as 'little sister'.

Seriously, it's probably a mixture of stress, anxiety & a dash of Sleep Paralysis.

Hope this has helped.

Hammy x x x

I think she's winding you up ~ it's her job as 'little sister'.

Welcome to my world. blink.gif

Welcome to my world. blink.gif

LMAOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO

laugh.gif

How old is your sister? It could explain much!