Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obese Body Burns Down Crematorium!

Eldorado

"A devastating fire which gutted a crematorium in southern Austria was caused by an obese woman's excessive body fat blocking an air filter, Austrian public broadcaster ORF reported.

The fire occurred at the facility in the city of Graz in mid-April. Firefighters had trouble extinguishing the blaze due to a thick layer of insulation lining the crematorium's walls..............."

""In Switzerland, there is now a special crematorium for XXL-bodies,....""

Full story:

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/obese-womans-body-fat-burns-down-austrian-crematorium/story-e6frfku0-1226386732878

Sad.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Not exactly the parting statement someone wants to be remembered for.

• Like 3

Not exactly the parting statement someone wants to be remembered for.

I dunno. I'd be proud to know I caused that much carnage after I'd died. Helluva send-off.
  • Like 4

The ultimate "your momma's so fat" joke?

• Like 8

New energy source?

(fat dead people)

Haha, that is probably possible to be honest. But nobody would agree to it. lol

• Like 1

Not a big deal, I'm sure stuff like that happens everyday..... :w00t:

• Like 2

I bet it was whiffy...

• Like 2

I dunno. I'd be proud to know I caused that much carnage after I'd died. Helluva send-off.

I was thinking the same thing... :rofl:

• Like 1

Oh that's so sad. My sister is obese. I feel for the family.

• Like 2

Oh that's so sad. My sister is obese. I feel for the family.

I hadn't thought of it that way. I found humor in it for other reasons that really had nothing to do with it being an overweight person (I'm not too slim myself). But yes, I suppose it would be an unfortunate ordeal for the family.

• Like 2

My sister is heavy and I think it is sad this happened. They should of realized she was too big for it.

• Like 1

The ultimate "your momma's so fat" joke?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know I shouldn't laugh but come on that was funny ..Meaning the post... NOT the story in the OP

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

I can't stop laughing!

I know. So wrong ain't it? lol

Can remember, years ago, reading about a burial in torrential rain. The pallbearers were laying a man to rest and the rain-sodden sides of the grave collapsed underneath them and they all tumbled into the grave!

Tragic for the family of course but also, imo, totally hilarious to imagine.

:)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Can remember years ago of reading about a burial in torrential rain where the pallbearers were laying a man to rest. The rain-sodden sides of the grave collapsed underneath them and they all tumbled into the grave. Tragic for the family of course but also, imo, totally hilarious to imagine.

Funniest story I've ever heard, you need to find a link to this story and make a thread about it. :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

Too bad that didn't happen at Auschwitz.

• Like 1

While it was bizarre, it was hardly what I would call 'tragic'...

No one was hurt, the lady in question had already passed on and was actually going to be burned anyway...

And when I 'go' I'd like to leave 'em laughing - or at least give the mourners a chuckle...

• Like 3

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know I shouldn't laugh but come on that was funny ..Meaning the post... NOT the story in the OP

Thanks, I actually hovered over the send button a couple of times before finally hitting it. Wasn't sure if it would offend people, luckily most people on here are intelligent enough and relaxed enough to realise that. lol

While it was bizarre, it was hardly what I would call 'tragic'...

No one was hurt, the lady in question had already passed on and was actually going to be burned anyway...

And when I 'go' I'd like to leave 'em laughing - or at least give the mourners a chuckle...

Well said!

I was thinking about putting fireworks in my coffin when I go... As I said I want to be cremated... Might be a bit OTT though?

I love the bit in the film "Toys" where his dad has the laughing box buried with him. LOL

You either laugh or cry, I'd rather laugh when it's possible. (Obviously you need something to laugh at, I don't just go to funerals and laugh.. that would be disrespectful)

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

When they cremate them...do they strip them down first? Taking the clothes off a gigantic dead fat woman would scar someone for life, I don't envy whoever has that job. Ugh.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 3

When they cremate them...do they strip them down first? Taking the clothes off a gigantic dead fat woman would scar someone for life, I don't envy whoever has that job. Ugh.

In my youth, I had the unfortunate experience of arriving (unexpectedly on my part) at a nude beach... :o

It's only in the movies that "beautiful" people go to beaches like that...

Most people who go there should be banned by law from going there!!!!!

• Like 2

Becky, the OP story is hilarious. I am going to hell for laughing.

• Like 2