Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel - UFO or Missile?

I hadn't seen that before. :lol:

Maybe it's a Russian lead conspiracy! If they lie about missile launches who knows what they're capable of! ( A joke Earl, not meant to offend :ph34r: )

w00t!!! It let me like again!!! Perhaps it literally tallies on a 24 hour basis? I wonder how many Likes I have left now and for how long... :unsure2:

Here this video shows a signaling mirror thats 3" X 5" filmed at differing distances. This demonstrates the point of luminousity being the determining factor in whether or not you can see it. Note at 43 miles the mirror has an Angular size many times smaller than the hypothetical B767 Earl has been thinking about.

• Like 2

btw, now that you stepped in it, if you can see a fly from 100 miles and a tether from 500 kms,

how could this special Topol M missile go from west Kazakhstan to East and show off its cool SPIRAL, but it we can't see it's main missile plume the whole way?

care to answer?

You understand of course that an object with a high enough altitude at night can be illuminated by the sun, so conversely an object without sufficient altitude would not be lit and as was covered just a bit ago, without light we can't see.

Edited by Slave2Fate

[media=]

[/media]

Here this video shows a signaling mirror thats 3" X 5" filmed at differing distances. This demonstrates the point of luminousity being the determining factor in whether or not you can see it. Note at 43 miles the mirror has an Angular size many times smaller than the hypothetical B767 Earl has been thinking about.

wonderful beginning, shaman, gonna keep going?

You understand of course that an object with a high enough altitude at night can be illuminated by the sun, so conversely an object without sufficient altitude would not be lit and as was covered just a bit ago, without light we can't see.

so in other words, you won't answer the question

the missile plume and the missile spiral are at the same altitude at the same time

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

wonderful beginning, shaman, gonna keep going?

You want to see a mirror flash at 1500 miles I presume? Unnecessary as LS's video shows proof of concept. You simply need to adjust scale to get further similar results.

I posed some questions about the "spiraling missile". care to take a crack at them, which is where your strength lies, not "flies form 100 miles"

This must have been in one of the many posts you admit to having 'just skipped'....

It's a standard feature of ICBMs -- once the stages are completed, there is a brief

'spin-up' maneuver for the RV.

See it illustrated here.

On youtube, /watch?v=3wdjgL40wc4

2:05 minutes into sequence.

Edited by Karlis
deleted "doubled" part of post

I hadn't seen that before. :lol:

Maybe it's a Russian lead conspiracy! If they lie about missile launches who knows what they're capable of! ( A joke Earl, not meant to offend :ph34r: )

see, you ARE new to the thread.

I have been saying all along, they (the russians) are lying and all nations in the region have agreed to go along so as to cover it up whatever "it" is.

anyway, that is why I call them all the Russian Missile Conspiracy Theorists... because THAT is what they are.

conspiring to theorize an imaginary russian missile that took off from FOUR locations, no less, all according to kewl russian official sources

so in other words, you won't answer the question

the missile plume and the missile spiral are at the same altitude at the same time

Perhaps I misunderstood your question. I was assuming you were referring to the portion of the plume made by the launch of the missile, which would be beneath the 'line of sight' of the sun's illumination. I'll have to dig a bit to see if I can find a suitable explanation for you, mind that I am no expert here, I just have a (somewhat) decent grasp of the physics involved in such a scenario.

This must have been in one of the many posts you admit to having 'just skipped'....

It's a standard feature of ICBMs -- once the stages are completed, there is a brief

See it illustrated here.

I was looking for that video earlier and for some reason I couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it again, assuming it was you that posted it in the first place. That's a fantastic video that clearly illustrates the possible 'spiral' effect of ICBM launches. As a bonus, I like the music along with it as well. :lol::tu:

I have been saying all along, they (the russians) are lying and all nations in the region have agreed to go along so as to cover it up whatever "it" is.

anyway, that is why I call them all the Russian Missile Conspiracy Theorists... because THAT is what they are.

conspiring to theorize an imaginary russian missile that took off from FOUR locations, no less, all according to kewl russian official sources

Not really 'new' as my first response was way back on page 6. I've just been lurking though and throwing in any input that I thought may help on occasion. Make of that what you will.

One question though, why would any nation conspire along side Russia about an imaginary missile launch? To what benefit or purpose? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Edit: oops, that was more than one question...my bad. ^_^

Edited by Slave2Fate

Oh, and Badsekov,

I forgot to mention to you... the reason why I feel I have to go with "800 miles high" for the Topol M missile is because you told me that the Minuteman missile went that high and that "all ICBMs are about the same", (they are NOT) and if I continued to go with the stats I had posted for the Peacekeeper ICBM, you would raise strong objections.

It has to do with being "ON THE SAME PAGE", Badsekov - some common ground. So I caved in to your 800 mile altitude figure to keep the conversation going and not hovering around that particular point ad infinitum.

I think it is safe to say now, that I - WE - are saddled with using 800 miles in altitude unless YOU change that

You are right, they are about the same. Physics pretty much dictate what ICBMs do. But that does not mean that 800M is the max ceiling as Jim has already shown. It is a typical operational value, one that clearly beats your ~450km value you started out with.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Why do you think S2F is new to this thread? He has been around for quite a while.

Cheers,

Badeskov

See it illustrated here.

Hey Jim,

I liked the video too. As it applies here to this missile test would it be true to say the 'spin-up' occures directly after thrird stage shut off? That the post flight stage as seen in your video is skipped because it is a rather short distance to target?

Why do you think S2F is new to this thread? He has been around for quite a while.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Rubbing proverbial elbows with insightful and intelligent members keeps me coming back. That, and the sheer variety and scope of learning opportunities. :tu:

• Like 2

I've never seen anything but ONE location announced -- half an hour after launch -- and that was Kapustin Yar. Any number of instant guesses by newspapers don't carry any weight. I've asked you for links to other alleged Russian claims and you've never bothered to post them.

Jim as you know Im sure ITs like talking to a wall in here the Skeptics will always make up a version to suit there crazy methods !

Cheers for posting !

• 2 months later...

news just in...

Test launch of Russia's new ICBM successful (moscow Interfax-AVN Online in English 0705 GMT 25 Oct 12

MOSCOW. Oct 25 (Interfax-AVN) - The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces (RVSN) successfully test launched a prototype of the country's new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) from a mobile launch pad at the Kapustin Yar site in the Astrakhan region at 10:28 p.m. on Wednesday, RVSN spokesman Col. Vadim Koval said.

"The exercise warhead of the missile accurately hit the simulated target at the Sary-Sagan range in Kazakhstan. The tasks facing the test launch were accomplished," Koval said.

Different lighting conditions, perhaps different cloud cover from the June event -- but lets keep an eye out for reports and videos..

• Like 1

news just in...

Test launch of Russia's new ICBM successful (moscow Interfax-AVN Online in English 0705 GMT 25 Oct 12

MOSCOW. Oct 25 (Interfax-AVN) - The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces (RVSN) successfully test launched a prototype of the country's new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) from a mobile launch pad at the Kapustin Yar site in the Astrakhan region at 10:28 p.m. on Wednesday, RVSN spokesman Col. Vadim Koval said.

"The exercise warhead of the missile accurately hit the simulated target at the Sary-Sagan range in Kazakhstan. The tasks facing the test launch were accomplished," Koval said.

Different lighting conditions, perhaps different cloud cover from the June event -- but lets keep an eye out for reports and videos..

Russia has a secret alien tracking system....They put this story out so that when the youtube videos start of the real alien ships, they will all ready have it covered.

:rofl:

news just in...

So tell me, Jim, how many people in Israel called the police *this* time??

Different lighting conditions...? Oh really?

since when were "lighting conditions" all the way to Israel in the June event ever discussed in here? NEV-ah.

And your above interfax does not show any for this missile event, either.

And did people in Russia get any film footage of this launch that ended up on either Utube or RuTube?

Nice spinjob, though

^

^

^

^

Told you

:)

( close anyways )

This was recently posted on ATS:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread894568/pg1

posted on 29-10-2012 @ 12:38 PM

A strange cone shaped blue spiraling light was witnessed by hundreds of people across the Middle East on Thursday, leaving many unanswered questions. Although the Russians have claimed it was a successful balistic missile test, many are saying the object remains a mystery.

"Hundreds of Israelis called the Israel Police hotline on Thursday reporting they had seen an unidentified flying object glowing in the sky, leaving behind it a stream of smoke. The police's northern district said it was looking into the incident together with the Israeli Defense Forces but at this point they do not know what to make of it.

Israelis from across Israel – from Kiryat Malachi, Ashdod, Jerusalem, Givatayim, Petach Tikva and the Dead Sea – reported seeing the object in the evening sky. The object was also seen outside Israel; in Lebanon, the news website Naharnet reported it that people across the country had also seen the object. Similar reports have also been reported as far north as the Syria-Turkey border.

According to Lebanese sources, the unidentified flying object was a meteor, though this is rejected by Yigal Pat-El, chairman of the Israeli Astronomical Association and director of the Givatayim Observatory. But Guys they said that was at the end a Missile tested by russia ... so can any one answer my qestion please <3

Different lighting conditions...? Oh really?

since when were "lighting conditions" all the way to Israel in the June event ever discussed in here? NEV-ah.

Um,... It was brought up multiple times when we were talking about local sunsets and the shadow of the Earth at that time of year. Guess you didn't remember.

Anybody find any more press or blog reports on a

new Israeli UFO sighting as described on 'ATS' above?

I can't find anything, or any recent youtube video

or on 'rutube.ru', the Russian equivalent.

Is it all just a belated re-echo of the original June event?

Is it all just a belated re-echo of the original June event?

Sounds like it to me. Even Dr. Yigal is mentioned. Unless maybe he's the 'go to' guy over there.