Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Bigfoot live in the Russian tundra ?

Saru

An international team of experts has concluded that there is a 95% chance of the creature's existence.

Scientists and yeti enthusiasts believe there may finally be solid evidence that the apelike creature roams the vast Siberian tundra, reports the Guardian.

arrow3.gifRead more...

95% chance of the creature's existence!!! :w00t: :w00t:

:lol: Come on

:D

• Like 4

More footprints and random hair. Wake me when they actually find something. ;)

• Like 2

More footprints and random hair. Wake me when they actually find something. ;)

you don't believe in bigfoot!???!?!!?!? thats like not believing in santa claus, u do believe in santa claus right!??

• Like 3

I wonder how much vodka you have to drink to join the "95% Club" ? :blink:

• Like 2

At least there's the Oxford/Swiss team which will analyse the hair samples if they're sent.

• Like 1

Isnt this just the same tourism pumping scam from awhile ago being repeated?

• Like 5

Isnt this just the same tourism pumping scam from awhile ago being repeated?

I thought I rememered this one too.

Stalin would have put them in the gulag. Case closed.

Experts? If they use the percentage 95%, then they are not experts at anything except making crap up.

• Like 1

What proof? Maybe a bed maybe hair sample. Maybe pigs will fly today. 95% more like 5%.

So who are the "dozen-plus" experts?

From what I've read, this Anatoly Fokin guy seems to be the Russian Matt Moneymaker.

Interesting last name though - Fokin. Maybe he's just Fokin with everybody?

• Like 3

Oh for goodness sake. A article proclaiming a panel of 'experts' , while having quoted another article actually merely saying a 12 strong team of 'scientists' AND Yeti enthusiasts apparently pluck a random figure from the air based on...eeer?

I have a degree in Biology/Genetics. I bet if I had been there, they would have quoted me as an 'expert scientist' despite me not even being adequately qualified to set up lab experiments in a junior school.

Seriously, articles like this are the reason why science is regarded as an optional belief system by so many people. Internet rumours built on Chinese whispers built on faulty 'science' reporting, paid for by people trying to advertise something. Wow the world is so depressing sometimes.

Who knows, maybe there could be a branch or two of the ape family tree we haven't found yet, although it is very unlikely that there are many large mammal species left to be discovered now, let alone something like this.

However regardless of that, this article is meaningless.

------------------------------------------

'Irrefutable evidence' ---> If something is irrefutable it is proven in an unquestionable way. You can have irrefutable proof, not evidence. It's like saying we have a 'absolutely certain possibility'. Evidence is a means to an end. Morons.

Yes, bigfoot lives in the Russian tundra. In fact they all live there. The ones you see here are just visiting or are either dropped off by alien spaceships. With this said any believer that wants to see a bigfoot in person should immediately load up and go to Russia with Moneymaker and Bobo. Really, go now, they are everywhere over there.

Mike

• Like 1

So maybe they're exagerating on their "finds". But it would definitley be fun if a Yeti would exist :tu:

Hopefully they do send it to the Oxford team, so the samples can be properly checked.

The reported the hair samples almost a year ago, if I'm correct. So why not test them? I'm certainly not an expert in biology, but if any serious scientists or "experts" found "irrefutable evidence" (lol at the oxymoron) of a mysterious humanoid type creature, wouldn't they have it tested immediately?

Honestly, I hope the claims are true, but this story is seems sooo very transparent...

why do DNA test anyway? The best you could hope for would be "inconclusive" because there is no bigfoot DNA to match it to. If it shows anything other then know animals they say it must have contamination. But you know if anyone's going to find it I'll bet it will be Russia, cause they won't be hesitant to shoot it, they'll get proof by just killing it. And if a couple of bears or people get shot by mistake, well it's all in the interest of science. :)

why do DNA test anyway? The best you could hope for would be "inconclusive" because there is no bigfoot DNA to match it to. If it shows anything other then know animals they say it must have contamination. But you know if anyone's going to find it I'll bet it will be Russia, cause they won't be hesitant to shoot it, they'll get proof by just killing it. And if a couple of bears or people get shot by mistake, well it's all in the interest of science. :)

If the DNA sample doesn't match known DNA in the database then you have a new species,that's why you do the DNA test.

Your question makes no sense.

If the DNA sample doesn't match known DNA in the database then you have a new species,that's why you do the DNA test.

Your question makes no sense.

It does not mean you have a new species, all it means is that dna isnt in the data base

• Like 1

So who are the "dozen-plus" experts?

From what I've read, this Anatoly Fokin guy seems to be the Russian Matt Moneymaker.

Interesting last name though - Fokin. Maybe he's just Fokin with everybody?

It would be nice to know more about these experts, Meet the Fokins?

What's worse, if you ever hang out with a bunch of retired russian mathmaticians(pervy drunks), college teachers(fantasy prone drunks) or engineers(functional but angry drunks) a good number of them will refer to themselves as scientists. :geek::innocent: . And they all built a factory in old Russia. :yes:

It does not mean you have a new species, all it means is that dna isnt in the data base

also it's possibly the DNA could have been ruined somehow and that is why there wasn't a match to anything

Considering that there's over 48 different species of land animals and about 1,700 species of plant life that live across the tundra that we know of and they have adapted to the tundras harsh environment and man has also adapted so why not an apeman that has some form of intelligence.