Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Bigfoot live in the Russian tundra ?

Saru

Considering that there's over 48 different species of land animals and about 1,700 species of plant life that live across the tundra that we know of and they have adapted to the tundras harsh environment and man has also adapted so why not an apeman that has some form of intelligence.

If they existed why wouldnt they leave traces and concrete evidence of their existence like all the other species youve mentioned?

I'll take 95%. Now 96% - that would just be crazy.

• Like 2

Isnt this just the same tourism pumping scam from awhile ago being repeated?

This is an article from October 11 2011........so yes this is the same one you remember from last year.

why do DNA test anyway? The best you could hope for would be "inconclusive" because there is no bigfoot DNA to match it to. If it shows anything other then know animals they say it must have contamination. But you know if anyone's going to find it I'll bet it will be Russia, cause they won't be hesitant to shoot it, they'll get proof by just killing it. And if a couple of bears or people get shot by mistake, well it's all in the interest of science. :)

You do the test because if it matched a known animal, then you can quit devoting time to it.

You do the test because if it matched a known animal, then you can quit devoting time to it.

On second thought, I'm fairly certain that is why the tests have not been done. Why would they want to ruin the publicity they are getting by having hair samples confirmed to be human.

These articles are truly an affront to the intelligence of the reader.

It does not mean you have a new species, all it means is that dna isnt in the data base

I would have thought that all Monkey and Ape including primates would be in the Database.In the unlikely event that they had DNA from an unknown Hominid then they would know.

I am getting cold feet about this theory.

Does bigfoot live in Russia? Absolutely, there is one in my family tree. We speak of him ("Nicky") fondly. We later generations are all cursed with being a bit abnormally hairy though.

In the latest news its been found out that its not really bigfoot at all,but rather just humans that have over the years evolved big feet and and long hair to better cope with the Russian tundra. Not true,but it would be crazy cool if was. :tu:

In the latest news its been found out that its not really bigfoot at all,but rather just humans that have over the years evolved big feet and and long hair to better cope with the Russian tundra. Not true,but it would be crazy cool if was. :tu:

I'll pass that on to Nicky, he'll be so pleased.

I'll pass that on to Nicky, he'll be so pleased.

Thats too funny! I didn't even (at least conciously) notice you're post before I sent mine,yet it fits perfectly. I was like who the heck is this Nicky you're talking about,until I read your post submitted before mine. lol

• Like 1

Here's an interesting test: go to Google Maps, select "Panoramio" and look at where all the photos aren't - that's where Bigfoot might lurk undetected. Extreme Northern Burma, isolated patches of Siberia... that's about it if we rule out places like central Africa or South America where his presence has never been suggested. I think the walls are closing in on him, or the possibility of him....

Here's an interesting test: go to Google Maps, select "Panoramio" and look at where all the photos aren't - that's where Bigfoot might lurk undetected. Extreme Northern Burma, isolated patches of Siberia... that's about it if we rule out places like central Africa or South America where his presence has never been suggested. I think the walls are closing in on him, or the possibility of him....

Alternatively, go to Mangani's Bigfoot Maps to see all the places that Bigfoot IS claimed to have been (in North America at least). Have we not been closing in on Bigfoot for the last 50 years with nothing to show but fakes, identifications, and a pile of stories? Doesn't that tell us something about the real nature of the phenomenon?

There are also plenty of stories and folklore about Bigfoot-like creatures in Africa and South America and even unlikely places like New Zealand - why are they less worthy of consideration?

That would be a good guess. But it really depends on how many cameras have been to some place. Just because someone was in the northern end of Canada and took pics along a 500 mile hike and posted them to google, does not mean that bigfoot would have had to have shown up sometime during the trip. Even if humans tromped on a piece of dirt 180 days out of the year, that is 50% of the time that no one is there.

Area to inhabit is not a bigfoot issue. Food is not a bigfoot issue. Finding a body or body part, or bones is the only real issue.

Edit: And there is the mapinguari which is supposed to be the South American bigfoot.

Edited by DieChecker

That would be a good guess. But it really depends on how many cameras have been to some place. Just because someone was in the northern end of Canada and took pics along a 500 mile hike and posted them to google, does not mean that bigfoot would have had to have shown up sometime during the trip. Even if humans tromped on a piece of dirt 180 days out of the year, that is 50% of the time that no one is there.

Area to inhabit is not a bigfoot issue. Food is not a bigfoot issue. Finding a body or body part, or bones is the only real issue.

Edit: And there is the mapinguari which is supposed to be the South American bigfoot.

Still, the presence of photos on Panoramio is a pretty good indication of how ubiquitous potential witnesses to Bigfoot are: after all, most travellers don't take pictures, and only a tiny fraction of the travel photos that are taken ever get posted on Panoramio.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

The most amazing thing about that artical is that they actually held a conference on bigfoot and it's existence. lol

Bigfoot is what we evolved from stop looking into the past and into the future. Bigfoot is a multi-dimensional creature u will never find and Mrs Bigfoot gave birth to adam and eve. the end!

why is bigfoot so important that they need a conference to question it's existence? maybe bigfoot might have all the answers to the questions we have? is there something they are not telling us? -.-

typing this post made me realise i want to join one of these conferences. i can make some sammichs and we go bigfoot hunting? anyone with me?

I think you have to be a "Recognized" "Expert" before you can get in the door. Maybe if someone wrote a children's book about bigfoot, that would count??

I think you have to be a "Recognized" "Expert" before you can get in the door. Maybe if someone wrote a children's book about bigfoot, that would count??

as if a book about bigfoot shouldn't be labeled as a children's book in itself? lol

Because I do not believe in bigfoot you want to label me as a child? Or is it because I like to have fun and crack jokes? Because all adults should act like angry bitter people with sour puss faces 24/7 right? I just find it hilarious that they have a conference on the existance of bigfoot. I was made to be like me no one else, so if no one else finds it funny so be it, but I do. I think that ish is hilarious lmao

Edited by epiffanie

What I find even more peculiar than the article itself is the response by ppl in here.

I would have thought before joining this wonderful website (Yes, I love it here) that ppl would be quite biassed to beleive in *anything* out of the mainstream.

But what I see in this thread is the exact opposite - almost everyone a disbeliever - at least of this story.

curiouser and curiouser lol

What I find even more peculiar than the article itself is the response by ppl in here.

I would have thought before joining this wonderful website (Yes, I love it here) that ppl would be quite biassed to beleive in *anything* out of the mainstream.

But what I see in this thread is the exact opposite - almost everyone a disbeliever - at least of this story.

curiouser and curiouser lol

Not so much, while it may seem that way to the untrained eye. What you really have are a bunch of curious critical thinkers who demand cold hard facts after years and years of having their chains yanked. We'd love to see Bigfoiot is real but unfortunately most the so called Bigfoot hunters out there are doing more harm to the myth than help.

Edited by Framling

And many of hte long timers here were once Believers and then became agnostic, and some into hard Skeptics.

Myself, I could easily beleve that there are wild people living in Siberia. Even pre-modern humans. But when you see one story after another and they never seem to produce anything tangible, then it gets old quickly.

Also the title says "Bigfoot in Russian Tundra". And little lives on the tundra. But Sibera is mostly forest, not open tundra, at least as far as I know. Forest is a lot harder to investigate and gain animal data then open tundra is.