Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did humans evolve from sharks ?

Saru

New research suggests we evolved from a primitive species of shark that lived 300 million years ago.

The primitive fish named Acanthodes bronni was the common ancestor of all jawed vertebrates on Earth – including mankind, according to new research.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 2

Dunno about mankind but I know for sure that my ex mother-in-law had some killer shark in her.

• Like 5

Dunno about mankind but I know for sure that my ex mother-in-law had some killer shark in her.

Why didn't she ask for cod n' chips like the rest of us?

• Like 1

I can accept that. I definitely have empathy with sharks.

shark.gif

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

Why didn't she ask for cod n' chips like the rest of us?

If I understood women, Eald I wouldn't be sitting here in my underpants reading about shape-shifting hyraxes.

*chuckles*

• Like 5

The way we are going I think sharks evolved from humans .

Seing how banksters are behaving I believe it all heartedly.. some of them remain very "sharky" isn't mr madoff

What a load of shark s**t what are they gonna come up with next ?.It used to be apes,now its sharks,which are cold blooded so it must be primitive dolphins next,but penguins are ideal,they even stand up and walk.Oh cant be them they lay eggs..Someone is taking the mick..

Humans evolved from primitive sharks new research suggests

I really hate headlines like this. People are going to read this and think that it means human evolved directly from sharks. This is exactly what they want so people will read the article, problem is, not everybody will. But then, only a moron would think we evolved directly from sharks.

What a load of shark s**t what are they gonna come up with next ?.It used to be apes,now its sharks,which are cold blooded so it must be primitive dolphins next,but penguins are ideal,they even stand up and walk.Oh cant be them they lay eggs..Someone is taking the mick..

"The primitive fish named Acanthodes bronni was the common ancestor of all jawed vertebrates on Earth – including mankind, according to new research.

Acanthodes, a Greek word for "spiny", existed before the split between the earliest sharks and the first bony fishes – the lineage that would eventually include human beings."

Two sentences in and you can clearly see that they don’t mean directly from sharks.

Oh, and we are apes.

If I understood women, Eald I wouldn't be sitting here in my underpants reading about shape-shifting hyraxes.

*chuckles*

That's as good a place as any to start.

• Like 1

spot on ! have you seen our country foreign minister

how can you ever deny that never evolved from penquins ! just look at him !

15606.jpg

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

I always wondered why my wife calls me "Jaws"

• Like 1

sharkboy_lavagirl.jpg

Why of course - Sharkboy and Lava Girl had to come from somewhere!

IN all seriousness though, that is a long way back. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Edited by psyche101

oops not to a million yet if u were counting each lifetime as 50 years, it would only go back 10000 years soooo... *SNIP*, grandpa and grandma. ahhh tats more like it.

Actually it would be your, over 175,000,000-greats-grandpa and grandma. No room to post it here so don't even try. lol

For apes we only need to go back 250,000-greats-grandpa and grandma. But I need to say again that we are apes still.

Edited by Odin11

Yay another awful science report from the British press. It's been long understood that Land Vertebrates came from a fish like species that ventured onto land.

Basically this report simply says they now have a good idea what that fish like species was, only they slap a provocative misleading headline, that will make morons more cynical about science, and further muddy the waters.

Go Telegraph! (ugh). I am sure they used to actually do news. Now they are barely one step up from thinly veiled comic books like the News of the World or the Sun.

• Like 1

instead of wasting time and money on who our original ancesters were why don't they spend that money studying what is happening now ie. ufo etc. If anyone evolved from a shark it was probably some loan shark.

instead of wasting time and money on who our original ancesters were why don't they spend that money studying what is happening now ie. ufo etc. If anyone evolved from a shark it was probably some loan shark.

Yes, why spend time and money on finding out our past and where we come from, when we can waste it on fictional bs. :td:

• Like 2

Jeremiah... was a bullfrog... ?

So now sharks are the common ancestor of all jawed animals?

Spend money studying UFO's? Bad idea.

Well that explains that metal mouthed freak from the Bond films.

Also, I love the 'why waste money on this 'lets' waste it on something else' response.

I forgot all the worlds spare funds are being funneled into this reasearch while nobody anywhere is spending money on researching UFO's. <<Sarcasm (for those that didn't guess).

Edited by Junior Chubb

Jeremiah... was a bullfrog... ?

So now sharks are the common ancestor of all jawed animals?

Yup Jaws spawned Jaws, hence Jaws, Jaws 2, Jaws 3D, Jaws 4 (The Revenge), (Cruel) Jaws 5, Jaws 19 (BTTF2) :tu: