Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Still Waters

75 per cent of Japanese whale meat 'unsold'

30 posts in this topic

If Whales go extinct because of overkill,the plankton would increase and develop so you eventually could have 10 million jelly fish washing up on your favourite beach, and the smell of rotting jelly fish is quite horrible..or maybe some other nasty would expand its species.Or maybe I'm wrong ?.

If Whales go extinct because of overkill,the plankton would increase and develop so you eventually could have 10 million jelly fish washing up on your favourite beach, and the smell of rotting jelly fish is quite horrible..or maybe some other nasty would expand its species.Or maybe I'm wrong ?.

Squid as well i think. Don't they eat jelly fish? And Sperm whales eat squid... So I think Squid would be as well. Both jelly fish and squid are already rising in numbers aren't they?

Squid as well i think. Don't they eat jelly fish? And Sperm whales eat squid... So I think Squid would be as well. Both jelly fish and squid are already rising in numbers aren't they?

Yes, Japan's waters are being smothered by giant jellyfish growing larger than usual and in massive numbers (they reproduce with an incredibly efficient method just discovered). And the jellyfish are killing the tiny organisms other life eat as well. Just by them passing through their filtering mechanism it kills the zooplankton. Japan's fishing is suffering as well from them.

Allow me to ask: where can you find a wild cow? A wild house pig? And I am not talking wild boar, I am talking the variety you find in stables. The fact of the matter is that most domesticated animals cannot survive, house pigs will die of an heart attack the first time they are chased by anything. The only thing that we have in our stables and that has a fair chance are goats. And that only because a commercial selection of goat traits for breeding was never really conducted. The rest have lost their wild instincts and abilities to a greater degree than a dog has and are so vulnerable to all kind of diseases that they could not survive more than a generation out in the great wilds. Any milk cow, even if she has 5 calves, would stand in the morning and in the evening in front of the stable in need to be milked. Meat animals are so over-bred that they can hardly move in a natural way (if we exclude open grassland Herefords, and they in turn are so dependent on antibiotics that the first cold would convert them into a scavenger meal).

The only ones to benefit from releasing them are the predators and scavengers, they will have some easy meals. But rather than leaving it to them I'll eat 'em myself. The predators have enough deer and rabbits to pray on.

Why don't you do your own research? If you are truly interested in the truth then please do some research before creating opinions. A dairy cow may not go feral but beef cows will and do, feral cows in Texas. Pigs will go boar within months and never be able to be domestic again, that giant boar killed in Georgia, Hogzilla. Feral horses in the western US. Why don't you check it out for yourself? I refuse to give you any sort of links, there is no need for me to do the research for someone who ignores the truth.

Since you hold these opinions, how do you feel about our domestic plants? Do you believe that wheat or corn will not survive in the wild?

Humans are far more dependent upon our domestic animals than most of them are on us.

Why don't you do your own research? If you are truly interested in the truth then please do some research before creating opinions. A dairy cow may not go feral but beef cows will and do, feral cows in Texas. Pigs will go boar within months and never be able to be domestic again, that giant boar killed in Georgia, Hogzilla. Feral horses in the western US. Why don't you check it out for yourself? I refuse to give you any sort of links, there is no need for me to do the research for someone who ignores the truth.

Since you hold these opinions, how do you feel about our domestic plants? Do you believe that wheat or corn will not survive in the wild?

Humans are far more dependent upon our domestic animals than most of them are on us.

Well, if you talk feral cows in Texas you have come to the right address, because there is hardly anything about cattle ranching in Texas I would be ignorant of. Those "feral" are kept alive with tons of medications and rounded up for health checks every so often. Just because they stamped around the grassland does not mean that they could survive there without human help. And I highly doubt that any of the existing cow breeds can. And surely none of them live in Texas.