Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blue spot during meditation

ChloeB

Does anyone else see this? When I'm really focused and have myself in the right place I keep seeing this and I was looking around and this seems to be some common thing. This is a pretty close image of it I found on one of the sites that talk about it:

bluedisk.gif

Even better than that, this youtube video really looks close:

[media=]

[/media]

Reading around, there's a lot of talk about it being the covering of the covering of the soul, (they call it blue pearl a lot) form of your inner self, which is kinda groovy, and that so many people see this supposedly is pretty odd, though there might be some explanation, but I was pretty surprised how close this is to what I see. Anyone else? Thoughts?

Edited by ChloeB

it could be a source of light when you take your eyes off it .. if am not mistaken the eye's retina can still hold on to that image

after you take your eyes of it for mere second .. with the colors reversed

just like the pic that doesn't makes sense but after looking it for few seconds and closing your eyes or even looking at plain

wall or something it reflects the pic of christ if you remember it

it maybe that .. i don't know i could be mistaken

Does anyone else see this? When I'm really focused and have myself in the right place I keep seeing this and I was looking around and this seems to be some common thing. This is a pretty close image of it I found on one of the sites that talk about it:

bluedisk.gif

Even better than that, this youtube video really looks close:

[media=]

[/media]

Reading around, there's a lot of talk about it being the covering of the covering of the soul, (they call it blue pearl a lot) form of your inner self, which is kinda groovy, and that so many people see this supposedly is pretty odd, though there might be some explanation, but I was pretty surprised how close this is to what I see. Anyone else? Thoughts?

I see it. I have always considered it one of many forms of nural discharge. That dosnt mean its not something that's just what I thought it was. Nural discharge can do some pretty strange things in deep meditation.

• Like 1

it could be a source of light when you take your eyes off it .. if am not mistaken the eye's retina can still hold on to that image

after you take your eyes of it for mere second .. with the colors reversed

just like the pic that doesn't makes sense but after looking it for few seconds and closing your eyes or even looking at plain

wall or something it reflects the pic of christ if you remember it

it maybe that .. i don't know i could be mistaken

Yeah I know what you mean, like if I close my eyes after I have stared at the computer screen, I still see a little white box for awhile after I close my eyes, shape of the monitor. That thing, I don't see it for awhile though, it's not immediate and kind of becomes more clear as I settle down some.

I see it. I have always considered it one of many forms of nural discharge. That dosnt mean its not something that's just what I thought it was. Nural discharge can do some pretty strange things in deep meditation.

LOL, you know what I started looking for? Am I seeing this because I have blue eyes? Haha, but yeah it might be something like that. I had all these sinus issues lately and I was dizzy really bad for a long time so anything weird like that makes me get a little alarmed I've got some brain tumor or something, lol.

My first thought was ocular migraine, I have those, but they are orange, looks a ring of fire. I have no pain with them. Mine are from my Multiple Sclerosis.

I don't think it would hurt to tell your Dr about it. Most likely your brain is bored and it is as Seeker said.

LOL, you know what I started looking for? Am I seeing this because I have blue eyes? Haha, but yeah it might be something like that. I had all these sinus issues lately and I was dizzy really bad for a long time so anything weird like that makes me get a little alarmed I've got some brain tumor or something, lol.

I have seen the giant squiggly lighting ball looking thing that is associated with migraines. Scared the crap out of me one day to. Don't discount what you see in meditation though. Your mind can take those things and allow them to be concouse vehicles.

Not a spot so much, but a three-dimensional tube or tunnel, in all sorts of colors including blue. I will confess a fondness for experiencing a vivid three-dimensional spatial sense with my eyes closed. Doubtless, this explains why I haven't achieved enlightenment. Yet.

If it's a retinal afterimage (or some kinds of higher-level processing afterimage), then it will still be there if you open your eyes. Depending on lighting conditions, what you see with your eyes open may be the negative of what you see with your eyes closed (an orange spot surrounding a white center, in the still image you posted... actually the very border of that will be dark grayish).

Not a spot so much, but a three-dimensional tube or tunnel, in all sorts of colors including blue. I will confess a fondness for experiencing a vivid three-dimensional spatial sense with my eyes closed. Doubtless, this explains why I haven't achieved enlightenment. Yet.

If it's a retinal afterimage (or some kinds of higher-level processing afterimage), then it will still be there if you open your eyes. Depending on lighting conditions, what you see with your eyes open may be the negative of what you see with your eyes closed (an orange spot surrounding a white center, in the still image you posted... actually the very border of that will be dark grayish).

Enlightenment, yet! :w00t: Yes, it is kind of like a tunnel a bit, but I don't think I see a variety of colors, more shades of blue. I don't know, last time I noticed it really vivid, I had tried listening to these binaural beats mp3's, supposedly helps get your mind that meditative state and it seems like it does something with me. After I'd done it, I thought I'd try to study and I felt kind of out of it still. Those beats may affect what I'm seeing, but I feel like I've seen this other times, I just seem to get in a better state with those beats. And that's right, now you reminded me, when it's something I've stared at a long time, when I close my eyes, I believe I see negative of it, so what I said about the monitor, I think the shape of the monitor isn't a white box but darker square than what is around it, but anyway, this wasn't like that.

Edited by ChloeB

It maybe as others have posted and it is a residual effect to combat this practice in a dark room. But I have a question what did you FEEL while focusing on it. When you really have union with Light you will know, it is awesome, wonderful experience and the feeling can last for days. The mind always wants explanations but as you go deeper all your concepts will be blown away so don’t bother with them. Forget mind (chatter) it can start yaking whats that? What is it? the vision can just disapear so just concentrate only on the technique you are using and if experiences come don’t stop focusing on on your technique, it is really hard but if you stop focusing, you will return to mind. The Inner Light can be anything it wants colour, shape, patterns of all kinds and sound! The clincher is what it makes you FEEL! I have said to you before that you know more than you understand Chloe your driving experience showed me that. Don’t go into meditation with expectation you must relax and surrender your mind. It will now be looking for the blue dot and if it doesn’t come it will make you feel down this is judgement don’t judge just practice and practice, if things come good if they don’t that’s good too. your search is a search of a life time so just carry on and enjoy your life. If your techniques and teacher are any good you will start to feel peace in your life and your mind will quieten down. Remember also that it is a 2 way street ‘IT’ can come to you!

One more thing the frame of mind you are in before you practice is important so if sound /music helps you quieten down good but learn to do without it so you practice when ever you want not just when you can get hold of a tape /cd player. When the Inner sound comes you won’t want any external sound because it will cover up the inner one. Take care

Pooh said "How do you spell Peace Piglet?", Piglet replied, "You dont spell it, you feel it Pooh"

Edited by sutemi
  • Like 1

It maybe as others have posted and it is a residual effect to combat this practice in a dark room. But I have a question what did you FEEL while focusing on it. When you really have union with Light you will know, it is awesome, wonderful experience and the feeling can last for days. The mind always wants explanations but as you go deeper all your concepts will be blown away so don’t bother with them. Forget mind (chatter) it can start yaking whats that? What is it? the vision can just disapear so just concentrate only on the technique you are using and if experiences come don’t stop focusing on on your technique, it is really hard but if you stop focusing, you will return to mind. The Inner Light can be anything it wants colour, shape, patterns of all kinds and sound! The clincher is what it makes you FEEL! I have said to you before that you know more than you understand Chloe your driving experience showed me that. Don’t go into meditation with expectation you must relax and surrender your mind. It will now be looking for the blue dot and if it doesn’t come it will make you feel down this is judgement don’t judge just practice and practice, if things come good if they don’t that’s good too. your search is a search of a life time so just carry on and enjoy your life. If your techniques and teacher are any good you will start to feel peace in your life and your mind will quieten down. Remember also that it is a 2 way street ‘IT’ can come to you!

One more thing the frame of mind you are in before you practice is important so if sound /music helps you quieten down good but learn to do without it so you practice when ever you want not just when you can get hold of a tape /cd player. When the Inner sound comes you won’t want any external sound because it will cover up the inner one. Take care

Pooh said "How do you spell Peace Piglet?", Piglet replied, "You dont spell it, you feel it Pooh"

You've got mail.

• 1 year later...

I see the blue dot almost every time I achieve stillness. It first appears a pinpoint thenslowly brightens to a larger sphere. Then it starts opening from the center and I rush through it, but it's always behind itself. If I maintain focus well enough I'll rush through and through and through like I'm going through a tunnel. What I've only achieved a handful of times is watching it become a blue web kind of like the pattern on the dollar bill that ripples and twists into geometric patterns. I could watch it for hours, but it took me 8 hours to get there and I fell asleep multiple times while attempting. I never thought the blue pearl as important it is always the beginning for me, but I suppose I've neglected to consider the importance of the beginning.