Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Haunted Collect' lol what a sham

ColoradoParanormal

So, I watched my first and last episode of Haunted Collector on SyFy last night. I like to keep up to date with the newest Paranormal Shows and Events so that way I know what trend all the "professional hunters" will follow next lol

This guy has a really awesome thing setup for himself here! He goes in, claims people's items are "haunted" and steals them! He has an entire museum setup with junk he's stolen from uneducated and naive people. The episode last night also revealed something else to me.

Reality T.V. shows are using the same "clients" over and over again across networks. The Episode was called "My Mothers Ghost/Paranormal Predator" It was the second investigation, The client last night, a guy named Chad Compton. Fast forward video to 8:46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Mjh2krAoQ

Now, this Chad has been on multiple other reality TV shows as a client or buyer. Have you ever watched the television show, Auction Hunters? Our good buddy Chad Compton was on there to "Buy a Truck." It's Episode 105 - Titled "The Real Thing"

This goes to show exactly how credible all these reality television shows are. This isn't the only instance where I've seen clients and/or people with paranormal issues appearing on multiple television shows with different issues, doing different things. It's all a scam as most people know. If you're still on the fence, the facts are right here in front of your eyes!

• Like 4

Someone was using that guys name in a discussion with me, saying he was " reputable " after seeing him in numerous conventions...... :no:

I even pointed out " the dude that frauds people so he can get their anitiques and sell them? "......

It sickens me that people like this, and the others, are making a pretty damn good penny doing this, and people like me are working our asses off, honestly making a small penny....

What is worse, if there were no audience for this crap, they wouldn't be doing this.

Every year at least, frauds are shown, and proven with psychics, ghost hunters, etc,etc, and yet people still fall for it......

• Like 1

I've seen a ghost so I know they are real but people like this are always going to be around using the paranormal, politics, etc to mislead you. So be careful what you believe.

We don't get paranormal shows around here and even if we did I probably wouldn't watch them, but good job at finding the connection between certain people and different tv shows. I guess the people who do take shows seriously are the same ones who go crazy over any picture that has something odd in it. I never believed they were real but thanks for showing us actual proof.

We don't get paranormal shows around here and even if we did I probably wouldn't watch them, but good job at finding the connection between certain people and different tv shows. I guess the people who do take shows seriously are the same ones who go crazy over any picture that has something odd in it. I never believed they were real but thanks for showing us actual proof.

What's funny is I don't watch much television. Especially not these shows. lol I have a knack for remembering people, details about them etc, so if I see them somewhere else I remember it. Good call on not watching these shows. They're garbage. As I said, I watch once in a blue moon, so that I know what new trend will be hitting the "Professional Ghost Hunter Groups" next :tu:

Someone was using that guys name in a discussion with me, saying he was " reputable " after seeing him in numerous conventions...... :no:

I even pointed out " the dude that frauds people so he can get their anitiques and sell them? "......

It sickens me that people like this, and the others, are making a pretty damn good penny doing this, and people like me are working our asses off, honestly making a small penny....

What is worse, if there were no audience for this crap, they wouldn't be doing this.

Every year at least, frauds are shown, and proven with psychics, ghost hunters, etc,etc, and yet people still fall for it......

I agree completely with you... I've spent a rather long time on here defrauding these shows and people till I'm blue in the face and yet, people still believe.... :blush:

Stupid browser hung, posted twice.

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

wasn't browser, this site is that way this time of night....For me anyway, and worse in about 2 - 3 hours....I don't bother posting, or trying to read the forum after my swing shift.....

I was happy to see this thread because I thought it was just me. The first time we watched "Haunted Collector," I told my husband that the guy had a good scam going for himself, obtaining people's antiques and collectibles for nothing and making them thank him for it! SyFy ought to be ashamed of itself for creating a show around the scoundrel.

• 1 month later...

I beg to differ. He is NO sham. Objects can be haunted as if this is news. Generally speaking, the owner figures it out all by himself pretty darn quick. Some keep it, most don't, but it's as real as you and me. If he makes abuck off the stuff, who gaf really. If it's really haunted I'd put it on ebay I couldn't care less.

I beg to differ. He is NO sham. Objects can be haunted as if this is news. Generally speaking, the owner figures it out all by himself pretty darn quick. Some keep it, most don't, but it's as real as you and me. If he makes abuck off the stuff, who gaf really. If it's really haunted I'd put it on ebay I couldn't care less.

You state that pretty strongly.

Can you share any evidence that " hauntings " even exist at all?

I can't even prove you exist much less I if that makes you feel better. Besides it's not my show so you should challenge him and try not to take it personal as if you are somehow smarter than everyone but just found out you aren't.

Yeah I found it odd too. He wanders the house until he finds something he likes, says "Oh this is it! It's possessed! I'll be taking this now!" and leaves. It's silly.

• Like 1

Interestingly enough in the last ep he took nothing from the bookstore. The place was just naturally haunted ie not posessed. He's no josh gates though but it would be quite cool if they teemed up for sure. That show needs some laughs for sure. I liked the git er done guy. He went on a ghost hunt and was saying things like "don't get too close too me, I have a head cold" lol

Edited by devilmaycare

But even if it were true, that items can be possessed, Who in the Blue hell makes HIM qualified to say that.

My 13 yr old is really big in all the paranormal shows and she is so impressionable at this age, I try to tell her....

In any case her point is that he puts sea salt around the object to negate the negative energies,

Yea, Right.

I tell her I want to believe but I can't so for me its just entertainment.

Just like Syfy's Taps... Loved them at first, but then it was just a load of crap.... No more good evidence.... What's that sound.... Crap.

You could tell they are in it for the money because there was Taps Academy and Taps school.... just horse sh!t.

TAPS? lol. If your first clue wasn't that plumbers aren't ghost hunters you missed the boat. I liked gh at first too and they have had some good cases but they never got any smarter and the show just ran aground eventually into the dollar for your cable it is now complete with lame background noise (while they sit there and tell you of a sound they heard) . And btw, I can gaurantee, with the right object you too would be calling your momma. These so called possessed objects do not care who has them. The only thing that matters is that you do. Like many people live in haunted houses. Some end up moving out, some end up dealing with it or even removing them but the fact remains there are as YET no ,as you say ,professionals in these fields. That does not negate the fact that these energies exist and can be acted upon, if not by. Nor does it negate the fact that there will eventually be 'qualified' people.

I couldn't believe the requirements for the tap show. What a farce. Those guys are idiots and any jerkoff could 'hunt' a ghost. Yet they acted like it was a ft job which required years of experience. That's like saying I need to be a pro if I fart.

And btw, I respect your opinions and beliefs so don't go off on some tangent like I am challenging you. In due time you will know for yourself. It's not up to me or anyone to say when.

But to be quite honest, I'd rather have a haunted house anyday than a haunted object. Objects possessed usually do not have any good energy about them at all (somebdy else in some other time) whereas a house or location can have either. This is for the simple fact that the word possession and object is a bad combination to begin with as it can transcend the death of the person who gave it the energy in unhealthy ways. In fact, this is the exact reason some religions do not believe IN possessions. It has nothing to do with wealth but with energy (or the attention one gives to 'things') all by itself.

Edited by devilmaycare

Haven't seen the show, but i have heard of haunted objects before,though I would never want to own one. Yeah, i could live with a haunted house,especially it it was one that was built 100 years ago or so and has only had my ancestors and their descendents living there.Though if the activity was nasty wouldn't do so. But how this guy decides the objects are haunted i have no idea.

I watched all of season 1 with mixed feelings. I decided to give it a few more episodes before I call it total crap. I have S2 episodes piling up on the DVR but cannot seem to bring myself to pull the trigger and watch them. Apparently I should just delete them, eh?

Edited by AZDZ

I watched all of season 1 with mixed feelings. I decided to give it a few more episodes before I call it total crap. I have S2 episodes piling up on the DVR but cannot seem to bring myself to pull the trigger and watch them. Apparently I should just delete them, eh?

Yes, indeed you should. I've found that your first inclination is usually the one to follow. lol :tu:

John Zaffis is just exploiting the current paranormal trend for a quick buck and some television exposure. Pure unabashed hokum.

What is the name of that gadget that allows the restless spirits to communicate "word" to the investigators? LoL, pure bull.

• 4 weeks later...

So. shouldn't this guys basement be crawling with all of the spirits, ghost's and demons attached the those items?

I'd love to see Zak and his team investigate there!

So. shouldn't this guys basement be crawling with all of the spirits, ghost's and demons attached the those items?

I'd love to see Zak and his team investigate there!

LOL! Brilliant idea ... but too bad they are from different networks... darn it!

Yes, objects 'can' be haunted. That is his angle. He took the line and ran with it.

I think it is an insult to my intelligence for them to pass it off that they always have those kinds of results, and always find something to prove their 'own' research.

I don't mean that as a personal insult to John or his team, more towards the production that goes on with the show. File this one strictly under entertainment.

Edited by Mider

I don't know if I'm going off on a limb, but I've often wondered if perhaps he's staged objects. Meaning, he found an object before going to a location and hid it, only to 'discover' it later. He always seems to find neat antiques everywhere he goes, some that the owners didn't even realize were there.

• Like 1