Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien Genetics Found on Earth

chimaybliss

A top team of researchers in genetics is claiming that they have found proof of alien genetics here on Earth. The team believes that these genetics were introduced sometime on Earth in the recent past (relatively speaking).

http://goo.gl/bd3WN

sounds like some pretty bad science. "We don't know what these extra dna strands are from, they must be from outer space'

My main question about this type of story has always been: How do we know that aliens even have DNA?

Why should they have a cellular structure like ours? What can we really say about their paths of evolution?

• Like 4

It's a hoax. Apparently there isn't any Sam Chang at the Human Genome Project and the story seems to have been fabricated outright. It's an old story that has been discredited.

I think I've read this before, its BS. They need alien genes to compare with, plus junk DNA doesn't have its own "veins, arteries, and immune system".

Old news.

The US Genome Project declared about 10 years ago, after many years of study and experiment, that the likely source of what is called 'junk DNA' is extraterrestial.

The term 'junk DNA' was being used in the 60's when I was enrolled in college biology. That it is ET in nature would not suprise me in the least.

The US Genome Project declared about 10 years ago, after many years of study and experiment, that the likely source of what is called 'junk DNA' is extraterrestial.
They did? Got a source for that claim?

Old news.

..... That it is ET in nature would not suprise me in the least.

Are you serious? :unsure2:

Calling "junk DNA" extraterrestial when many terrestial organisms possess it, is a rather big contradiction.

Old news.

The term 'junk DNA' was being used in the 60's when I was enrolled in college biology. That it is ET in nature would not suprise me in the least.

I'm a few decades out of date when it comes to genetics, since the last time I studied it was the third year of college. I recall the experiments with the unfortunate fruit flies with their large chromosomes, and how mutations in DNA could be caused by radiation, chemicals, viruses, or most commonly, a breakdown in the machinery of replication, and how these were passed on to offspring.

I learned that most mutations were harmful or fatal to the organism.

I also recall these mysterious things called "insertion sequences" that seemed to jut be floating around, and how they could insert themselves into the DNA and cause mutations. I don't recall the professor having an explanation for these, but only that they were just sort of there.

I don't recall hearing the term "junk DNA" until fairly recent times. Back when I was studying genetics, they were still in the infancy of trying to match genes to specific traits, and I'm not sure they had a real grasp of what the junk or the useless stuff was.

Calling "junk DNA" extraterrestial when many terrestial organisms possess it, is a rather big contradiction.

One of the interesting things about junk DNA is that there are shared sequences in it amongst species and groups of species that prove common descent amongst species.

Was ET monkeying around in the DNA of other species too?

edit: fixing my science!

Edited by Archimedes

They did? Got a source for that claim?

Speaking from experience, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...

Are you serious? :unsure2:

I hope not, but then I'm rarely surprised by anything claimed by BR anymore.

I'm a few decades out of date when it comes to genetics, since the last time I studied it was the third year of college. I recall the experiments with the unfortunate fruit flies with their large chromosomes, and how mutations in DNA could be caused by radiation, chemicals, viruses, or most commonly, a breakdown in the machinery of replication, and how these were passed on to offspring.

I learned that most mutations were harmful or fatal to the organism.

I also recall these mysterious things called "insertion sequences" that seemed to jut be floating around, and how they could insert themselves into the DNA and cause mutations. I don't recall the professor having an explanation for these, but only that they were just sort of there.

Indeed, but what i don't understand is that if bacteria/Virus WOULD have transfer us the genes, that would meen we woul'dnt have 223 genes that are not found in ANY living organism we know and have labeled on earth, right? So if bacteria would have transfer genes to us we would have found similar genes in nature, right? But yet we haven't.

http://www.world-mys...s.com/sci_1.htm

The “Head-scratching” Discovery

It was here, in tracing the vertical evolutionary record contained in the human and the other analyzed genomes, that the scientists ran into an enigma. The “head-scratching discovery by the public consortium,” as Science termed it, was that the human genome contains 223 genes that do not have the required predecessors on the genomic evolutionary tree.

How did Man acquire such a bunch of enigmatic genes?

In the evolutionary progression from bacteria to invertebrates (such as the lineages of yeast, worms, flies or mustard weed – which have been deciphered) to vertebrates (mice, chimpanzees) and finally modern humans, these 223 genes are completely missing in the invertebrate phase. Therefore, the scientists can explain their presence in the human genome by a “rather recent” (in evolutionary time scales) “probable horizontal transfer from bacteria.”

In other words: At a relatively recent time as Evolution goes, modern humans acquired an extra 223 genes not through gradual evolution, not vertically on the Tree of Life, but horizontally, as a sideways insertion of genetic material from bacteria…

Edited by Bildr

How come there has never been any evidence of alien visits to Earth apart from this?

We discuss this subject all the time on here, although all of us have different evidence and different points of view. It takes quite a few years to get up to speed on all this, though.

IMO this nonsensical garbage doesn't even constitute as evidence.

Indeed, but what i don't understand is that if bacteria/Virus WOULD have transfer us the genes, that would meen we woul'dnt have 223 genes that are not found in ANY living organism we know and have labeled on earth, right? So if bacteria would have transfer genes to us we would have found similar genes in nature, right? But yet we haven't.

Yeah, that's what I remember from many years ago, that they just didn't have a very good grasp on where these insertion sequences came from, except from "outside" somewhere.

I do remember the excitement back there in college days, causing my first mutation in fruit flies, and also of almost making TNT by accident in organic chemistry class, the professor running around waving his hands and yelling "you're gonna blow us all up!". I don't even know how I did it.

Those were the days.

Edited by TheMcGuffin

THe bottom of my B.B.Q Smoker has some Alien DNA in it Im sure ! THis is why they come and visit our planet every so often ! :alien::clap:

• Like 1

THe bottom of my B.B.Q Smoker has some Alien DNA in it Im sure ! THis is why they come and visit our planet every so often ! :alien::clap:

If ever ET needed an excuse to pay this humble little planet a visit, your BBQ would undoubtedly be at the top of their list! :tu:

And if they don't, that's good too. More for the rest of us! :tsu:

We discuss this subject all the time on here, although all of us have different evidence and different points of view. It takes quite a few years to get up to speed on all this, though.

Not quite sure what you mean? If aliens have ever visited Earth surely its almost a cert they would have visited the moon as well where everything was untouched by man in those days. The most suitable landing sites on the moon from Earth have shown no evidence of ertraterrestials. We don't need extraterrestials to corrupt human DNA - something which has been happening for millenia through viruses and bacteria.

For those who don't remember the announcement about 10 years ago, the website for Human Genome Project is here: http://tinyurl.com/2jk56

I do not know if that old announcement is on that website.

I'm sure the story was not covered by NBC, ABC, Fox or CBS, but it was in parts of the news, 10 years ago.

It is an hypothesis, to be sure, but it seems plausible, all things considered.

Junk DNA was the term used to describe that portion of the DNA strand that we cannot decode. The ratio is 93% and 7% to describe that portion we can decode and that portion we cannot decode. It's been too many years to remember precisely, but it seems the 'junk' portion is the larger number.

Junk DNA is not the portion "we cannot decode", it is the portion of DNA that does not code for proteins, therefore it doesn't have any apparent use, thus it was termed junk DNA.

My main question about this type of story has always been: How do we know that aliens even have DNA?

Why should they have a cellular structure like ours? What can we really say about their paths of evolution?

They do have DNA; it was on an X-Files episode! :whistle:

Not quite sure what you mean? If aliens have ever visited Earth surely its almost a cert they would have visited the moon as well where everything was untouched by man in those days. The most suitable landing sites on the moon from Earth have shown no evidence of ertraterrestials. We don't need extraterrestials to corrupt human DNA - something which has been happening for millenia through viruses and bacteria.

That idea of aliens on the moon is an old one, going back at least to the late-George Leonard's UFO classic Somebody Else is on the Moon. He's long dead, as is the publisher of the book, but the theory continues, and I know there have been quite a few threads about it on here.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/luna/esp_luna_7.htm