Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lichen Can Survive in Space

Karlis

You can freeze it, thaw it, vacuum dry it and expose it to radiation, but still life survives. ESA's research on the International Space Station is giving credibility to theories that life came from outer space -- as well as helping to create better sunscreens. Read more

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Junior Chubb

• Karlis

• marcos anthony toledo

• First-time Human

Looks like that is a yes then.

I firmly believe that life will always find a way to survive, despite any disaster, minor or major, and has has been seen many times on this 3rd rock from the sun, so why shouldn't that same principle apply beyond our atmosphere.

Well firstly you have to define life on earth according to what we know is dead easy , life away from earth might be completely different and in a form we haven't thought of.

Well firstly you have to define life on earth according to what we know is dead easy , life away from earth might be completely different and in a form we haven't thought of.

I was thinking along a similar line, unfortunately the article is more about terrestrial life surviving in outer space.

Some thing to think about if , in the future, terraforming Mars becomes desirable.

For some reason, I feel proud of these lichens. Good on them.

Looks like we know who will dominate after our world ends in 2012...

Lichen will inherit the Earth!