Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost "Symbols"

Lupa92

Okay. So for the record I'd like to state that I am new here. I would also like to state that I'm here to discuss ideas and what not not to fight or get into a flame war. So now that I've removed that chip from my shoulder. Several months ago I found this old marble in my bedroom, I didn't think much about it seeing as a number of things appear in my bedroom. I put it on my dresser and was on my way. Roughly two weeks later I found the same marble in a room at my dad's house. I'm not sure how it got there. Again I thought nothing of it . I did, however, casually mention it to my friend. She claims marbles are gifts from spirits. I don't know if I believe her, but it is interesting that mmy grandfather died in my house in the room above mine, and when I found it at my dad's he was going through a rough time with the loss of his father. My question is are marbles really a common "symbol" of spirit activity and what are some other common symbols associated with spiritul "visitations" Oh and if you want to put some input on the my marble thats cool to, I feel its just a weird coincidence.

• Like 1

Not sure about marbles being a spirit gift. But if you think it's just a weird coincidence, why let anything change that view? Do you want it to be something more?

Welcome to UM

Why would a spirit give you a marble? Why not cash? Silly spirit.

Welcome to UM :)

• Like 1

Why would a spirit give you a marble? Why not cash? Silly spirit.

Welcome to UM :)

Because a marble you'd hold onto longer and remember it. How long would you hold onto that 100 dollar bill? Exactly!

• Like 3

Because a marble you'd hold onto longer and remember it. How long would you hold onto that 100 dollar bill? Exactly!

I'd probably lose the marble. If a spirit gave me $100 I'd buy some more fish for my fish tank, then thank the spirit for my new fishies. You're welcome in my home spirits! But you gotta pay up!

I'm a bit of an amateur folklorist, and I've never heard anything about marbles in relation to anything paranormal. That being said, sometimes gifts from the spirit world consist of items that have a meaning to the recipient, even if they don't have relevance to anyone else.

I could interrogate you as to the exact circumstances under which the marble appeared in your room, and at your father's house. I won't do that. I'll simply say that if you are satisfied that the circumstances make it impossible, or even unlikely, that the marble came to either you or your dad by natural means, I'll accept it. In that case, I'd suggest that you interpret the message by thinking about how it makes you feel. And I'd be very interested in hearing how it made you feel (and how your dad felt about it).

• Like 1

I've never heard of marbles having anything to do with spirits. Maybe the marble symbolized something in life for the grandfather if indeed it is his spirit doing this.