Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man embarks on a cathedral-licking tour

Still Waters

Lawrence, 26, made his 5,000-mile pilgrimage to win a pub bet with a pal.

The 13-month tour took him across the country to cathedrals including Durham, Guildford, Derby, York, Winchester, Chelmsford and Lincoln.

English Heritage worker Lawrence, from London, now plans to carry on licking in Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

He said: “We’ve no idea why the bet was centred on licking cathedrals — it just was. I’ve tasted a lot of new places.”

http://www.thesun.co...of-England.html

“We’ve no idea why the bet was centred on licking cathedrals — it just was. I’ve tasted a lot of new places.”

That's what happens when you drink. Any way, I wish him luck...I suppose.

I'd think once you've tasted stone once..... :w00t: ....but alcohol surely has a way of bringing out the stoopid in folks.

• Like 1

My 6 yr old outgrew that.. She used to lick the windows, the odd fish tank here and there...Then turned 5 and never thought of it again.. I feel she just outgrown it..

I'd love to see the man from the article visit a hot desert or the Arctic..and lick a pole lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I guess there are always new things you can do to make you unique and popular....ahh what people will do for fame, its just stupid.

• Like 1

I guess there are always new things you can do to make you unique and popular....ahh what people will do for fame, its just stupid.

I know.. Big Brother ( reality TV show ) is a prime example

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just glad, for his sake, that he wasn't drunk enough to say he'd lick the crosses on top of the cathedrals!

Sounds like a wonderful sightseeing trip .. Happy cathedral licking Lawrence :)

If anyone says to him - Have you tried religion?.. he could say well..I licked a few cathedrals! lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say this was done for fame (although 1 minute of fame is a side effect of this stunt), just a stupid bet between friends that was so absurd the loser thought the 'licker' would never go through with. The loser now has to run around naked in the winter.

Sounds like two great friends having a laugh :)

I'd rather lick a Tootsie Pop to see how many licks it takes to get to the chocolatly center. LOL

Does this guy not have a job? I mean I can think of a lot of better things to do than lick buildings lol

Does this guy not have a job? I mean I can think of a lot of better things to do than lick buildings lol

Maybe he is an organic window cleaner?

• Like 1

At least he didn't welch on the bet.

He should try to lick speeding cars on the highway...hahahaha!

He should lick a rock.

I Double Dog dare you Larry.

post-103357-0-59647400-1341798662_thumb.

I triple dog dare you, Larry! *crowd gasps*

lol..thats kinda awesome