Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness monster cited by US schools as

Still Waters

Well when the children look it up on the internet or find out later in life... The whole thing will backfire and they will hate the religion. So in the long run they are just making the situation worse for themselves and their religion. lol

Good point.. they most likely will look it up on line and find it is a Scottish myth It could backfire and make the kids question more about their bible...they could be shooting themselves in the foot by doing this....These fundies have not go a single clue ...But I wouldn't be surprised if their ignorant teachers suggest that if they go on line and read that Nessie was just a myth.. that the devil put it on there for them to read sigh..To be a fundie ( like those teachers) you really need to dumb yourself down to think like them...I have read some stupid ideas from a few fundies in the past, and reading them can make you drop a few IQ points lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Good point.. they most likely will look it up on line and find it is a Scottish myth It could backfire and make the kids question more about their bible...they could be shooting themselves in the foot by doing this....These fundies have not go a single clue ...But I wouldn't be surprised if their ignorant teachers suggest that if they go on line and read that Nessie was just a myth.. that the devil put it on there for them to read sigh..To be a fundie ( like those teachers) you really need to dumb yourself down to think like them...I have read some stupid ideas from a few fundies in the past, and reading them can make you drop a few IQ points lol

HAHAHAHA. Reminds me of "The Waterboy". When his mum blames everything on the devil. LOL

• Like 1

HAHAHAHA. Reminds me of "The Waterboy". When his mum blames everything on the devil. LOL

Ohhh yeaa I remember that lol.. Practically taking the p*** out of the fundies that do in fact blame poor satan on everything ha ha...My mother is one of them !! ( don't go there lol)

Ya know there are some fundies that have in fact suggested that the devil himself planted fossils to trick science into thinking they are millions of years old... Yup that's right.. the devil went to a lot of bother to think up a plan...then bury so many fossils...age them somehow...!!.. To only play some prank...to see if he can get smart people to stay away from Christianity lol ... Straight up some fundies do in fact believe the devil did it . What's worse is other fundies defending it and ranting at others who find it funny...I have at least one fundie rant at me once a week lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Religion and good education doesnt always go hand in hand.

Hi guys, If a Scotsman like El-D says Nessie aint real, why does tourists spend hours watching Loch Ness ?. The Scottish Tourist Trade has just crashed , now they'll just have to go looking for King Arthurs Castle .Or maybe go to Tasmania to look for the Devil . p.s Dracula's grave is in a churchyard in Whitby U.K.

Ohhh yeaa I remember that lol.. Practically taking the p*** out of the fundies that do in fact blame poor satan on everything ha ha...My mother is one of them !! ( don't go there lol)

Ya know there are some fundies that have in fact suggested that the devil himself planted fossils to trick science into thinking they are millions of years old... Yup that's right.. the devil went to a lot of bother to think up a plan...then bury so many fossils...age them somehow...!!.. To only play some prank...to see if he can get smart people to stay away from Christianity lol ... Straight up some fundies do in fact believe the devil did it . What's worse is other fundies defending it and ranting at others who find it funny...I have at least one fundie rant at me once a week lol :P

Hahaha, yeah I've heard them say that as well.

i've also heard the one where God put them there to test us. LOL

Hi guys, If a Scotsman like El-D says Nessie aint real, why does tourists spend hours watching Loch Ness ?. The Scottish Tourist Trade has just crashed , now they'll just have to go looking for King Arthurs Castle .Or maybe go to Tasmania to look for the Devil . p.s Dracula's grave is in a churchyard in Whitby U.K.

I took it as he meant Nessie is real.. Jokingly of course.

I'm from the same area as Eldarado. All i will say is... If Nessie isn't real... Then how do they know it's name! :P

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

Hahaha, yeah I've heard them say that as well.

i've also heard the one where God put them there to test us. LOL

Ha ha yes that's right. that's when they forget that God is meant to be all knowing, therefore wouldn't need to test anyone.. he already knew the outcome . I swear to goodness some people will use any lame duck excuse and think that it is intelligent !!

• Like 1

Loch-Ness-Monster.jpg

• Like 1

THOUSANDS of American school pupils are to be taught that the Loch Ness monster is real – in an attempt by religious teachers to disprove Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution.

I look forward to these kids coming up against some of the skeptics in the Cryptozoology section of UM in the near future. There should be some fireworks there...

• Like 1

Humans are uniqe spicies.

Although I believe in evoultion theory its not fully explained. It have holes.

Wow, this is crazy... I suppose that we dont have to teach actual facts anymore. Anything to prove that the bible is real. :td:

Can you proove that isnt real?

science = evidence

religion= faith

u decide which u wanna follow

If evoulution theory was prooven it wouldnt be called theory in the first place.

If evoulution theory was prooven it wouldnt be called theory in the first place.

Yes it would. It would be called a scientific theory, which does not have the same connotation as the layman's use of the word.

Yes it would. It would be called a scientific theory, which does not have the same connotation as the layman's use of the word.

No it wouldnt. It would be called a prooven fact if is it prooven. Hint:

1.Hypothesis 2.Theory 3. Prooven fact.

Edited by the L

You need to understand what you learn in school not to blindly accept it because that way science would not be self correcting.

Sorry to butt in...

http://www.reference...ientific theory

http://chemistry.abo...a/lawtheory.htm

http://www.fsteiger.com/theory.html

http://www.exchanged...tortheory.shtml

Don't know why I bothered with the links as Cybele had already provided one...

Maybe it was ignored?

Edited by Junior Chubb

Evolution is both a fact and scientific theory.

You are still using theory wrong. A scientific theory is an explanation of phenomena. Evolution is both a fact (the biological fact of evolution; allele frequencies change from generation to generation) and scientific theory (which explains the fact, or natural phenomena). The theory of evolution is called "the modern synthesis".

Edited by Odin11

Dear Humans:

If your species survives the next few hundred years without regressing into another "Dark Ages" or annihilating yourselves, you will look back on your past and wonder "How could we be so stupid as to believe this god nonsense?"

We have found that about 42% of self-aware, intelligent, inquisitive beings that acquire this stage of irrational "magical" thought do rid themselves of such childish wish-belief. They become rational. The remainder struggle, with the irrational, anti-intellectual, anti-science, wish-believers senselessly bickering against the advances in knowledge achieved by the rational. This has led to annihilation by holy wars, by pestilence and disease preventable but for prohibition of scientific inquiry, over-population, etc.

You Humans must remain inquisitive - all of you. You must test beliefs and keep those that are proven and discard those that are disproved. You must learn to distinguish between wishes and beliefs. Beliefs must not be guided by wishes; that leads to superstition. Beliefs that are guided by reason and strengthened by persistent questioning and testing may eventually become KNOWING. Strive to KNOW, not to believe.

What are evidences of origin of todays anatomicly human?

What happened in so called "Fossils black hole"?

How would we look on todays theory of evolution if we didnt find what we find in Great rift valley? What does tell us east side story?

You mean my post 66. Yup it was ignored.

Honesty is a rare and often unappreciated trait. Nice of you to bring it to with you to the forums :tu: