Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness monster cited by US schools as

Still Waters

Honesty is a rare and often unappreciated trait. Nice of you to bring it to with you to the forums :tu:

You or me? Im confused. I asked questions. Didnt saw answers.

I will gave you answer to spare you all googling. There is no answer. On some things science still dont know answers. Maybe never will. But as I said it before I believe that Evoulution theory most likely happened. Keep in mind that is better to have good question then wrong answer. And please spare me of all here is a link post.

Atleast use quotation.

Edited by the L

I wrote that i was commenting on the first page, and there were some quite derogatory comments on that page.

If beliefs did not have a net positive outcome for humans we woud not create them. The constriuction of beliefs is rational for at least two enduring reasons. First they are inarguable, as beliefs; One cannot prove/disprove a belief (see my post above) and second, they often provide very real benefits for the believers both psychological/emotional, and physical such as extended and healthier lives. This is also inarguable given the evidences. A rational human being seeks all advantages and benefits they can in their life. If you cant see this, then you do not understand humanity very well or refuse to accept itsr evolved nature.

Belies grow from our desire to make sense of our world and also from things like pattern recognition, self awareness of our sapience, and the logical application of such abilities. They have long formed a logical/ protective basis for human behaviour in both prehistoric and historical societies. A religion or other belief may pass its use by date, but it will then evolve or adapt, or another will take its place.

To chose a beneficial and productive belief system is not ignorant and arguably is less ignorant than refusing to chose one, given that belief exists where knowledge does not. Almost every human who ever lived operates on a complex set, or system, of beliefs about them selves and their world

Bit of a strawman you've built there. You've not argued against anything I actually wrote.

We're talking about Young Earth Creationists. Your examples, whilst supported by some evidence, is related to religious beliefs in general. You wrote: "A religion or other belief may pass its use by date, but it will then evolve or adapt, or another will take its place". YEC is the antithesis of this.

YEC is not a "beneficial and productive belief system" - it's the unthinking adherence to dogma and ideology in the face of overwhelming evidence against it. I don't see how that could be beneficial.

We dont have evidence of evolution of todays anatomicly human because it probably happened in forest as our ancestors liked trees. And scince forset are acid areas>No fossils>No evidence.

Atleast thats what Taphonomy teach us.

Fossils black hole is time from where we dont have any fossils. Science speculate that was period when human starts walking on two legs. Sadly no evidence to back that up. Only possible and most likely speculation.

Edited by the L

Theory of evolution of modern human is based on Great rift valley fossils. Now thats like 10% (if) of all Africa. Who knows what lies in rest if Africa and what happend there.

Edited by the L

You see lots of speculation.

Who started creating tools? and so on...

Those are questions to discuss with your teacher.

Edited by the L

Any chance you could put your thoughts into one post. There's a fine line between contributing and spamming. You're killing the thread.

• Like 2

This is totally absurd, how can the existence lets say of a "single dinosaur type" creature disprove evolution!?

I thank god every day that i don't live in the United States of America......

Edited by BorisIWantToKnow

Any chance you could put your thoughts into one post. There's a fine line between contributing and spamming. You're killing the thread.

^_^ You are right. I could do that. Sorry for "killing" the thread. I just thought one more thing then one more....I could use edit too.

I will try it in future.

You or me? Im confused. I asked questions. Didnt saw answers.

You, saying you ignored the link in post 66 (assuming you are being honest!) Much better than pretending you read it...

You, saying you ignored the link in post 66 (assuming you are being honest!) Much better than pretending you read it...

Its irelevant in the end. That would not change fact that science speculate a lot in evolution theory.

Just to make clear things up. Im on your side about debuniking Evolution theory with myths such as Nessie.

Edited by the L

Loch-Ness-Monster.jpg

CLASSIC ! thats sure for real you Scots will get up to all kind of tricks,but thats the best one yet, and I thought it was a midget sub, how wrong can you get ha ha ha.
  • Like 1

This is totally absurd, how can the existence lets say of a "single dinosaur type" creature disprove evolution!?

I thank god every day that i don't live in the United States of America......

Please don't think that most of the country is this way. It's not. This story is newsworthy not only because it's ridiculous, but also because it's uncommon. I attended private, religious schools my whole life until university, and neither creationism nor intelligent design were taught or pushed.

Fossils black hole is time from where we dont have any fossils. Science speculate that was period when human starts walking on two legs. Sadly no evidence to back that up. Only possible and most likely speculation.

You mean like Lucy?

Theory of evolution of modern human is based on Great rift valley fossils. Now thats like 10% (if) of all Africa. Who knows what lies in rest if Africa and what happend there.

Perhaps you should take some time to look at this site and others which lists hominid fossils by continent and by different regions of Africa.

Who started creating tools? and so on...

Those are questions to discuss with your teacher.

Homo habilis, it seems.

Homo habilis is the first species for which we have positive evidence of use of stone tools.

http://en.wikipedia....Human_evolution

Edited by Cybele
  • Like 1

Using a myth to "debunk" a scientific fact? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? When you give your heart to jesus, do you have to surrender your brain as well?

All good republicans, no doubt.

• Like 1

Sorry to butt in...

http://www.reference...ientific theory

http://chemistry.abo...a/lawtheory.htm

http://www.fsteiger.com/theory.html

http://www.exchanged...tortheory.shtml

Don't know why I bothered with the links as Cybele had already provided one...

Yours are better. Thanks.

I thought it was bad enough that some religious extremist youtubers are using proven-fake-UFO videos as proof that aliens (demons to them) are showing up so much because it's the end times. But this is just wow...

Please don't think that most of the country is this way. It's not. This story is newsworthy not only because it's ridiculous, but also because it's uncommon. I attended private, religious schools my whole life until university, and neither creationism nor intelligent design were taught or pushed.

You mean like Lucy?

Perhaps you should take some time to look at this site and others which lists hominid fossils by continent and by different regions of Africa.

Homo habilis, it seems.

Homo habilis is the first species for which we have positive evidence of use of stone tools.

http://en.wikipedia....Human_evolution

I don't think that of the entire nation, but damn they sure don't make it easy for us Europeans! :)

Using a myth to "debunk" a scientific fact? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? When you give your heart to jesus, do you have to surrender your brain as well?

It makes you wonder - Do people know what a myth really is? lol...I thought it would be the other way around myself.. In General - Some people read a word like - theory.. and think it must mean a guess lol.....Many of them forget that even though Evolution is fact..it will still be called theory...... Not many anti evolutionsts understand that ...So if you do not understand facts.. you can look the silly one and not be aware .you may even post up junk poking fun at science and be too silly to notice how foolish it all looks

Edited by Beckys_Mom

*face palm* .... I would be too embarrassed to post that lol

English isn't his first language, give him a break.

English isn't his first language, give him a break.

What has that got to do with it? I understood him fine ..In fact I didn't notice anything wrong with his use of English....you seemed to notice it.!!! . And he has shown how he is against evolution.. so the post he made fits in with the read of his posts.. all link well...So there is nothing wrong with his English...nothing at all...I am not here to judge the use of English... I read post content and take it from there..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

What has that got to do with it? I understood him fine and he has shown how he is against evolution.. so the post he made fits in with the read of his posts.. all link well

Indeed he has, as well as his reluctance to read any of the information presented to him. Making fun of his spelling won't help matters, neither will editing your post.

Indeed he has, as well as his reluctance to read any of the information presented to him. Making fun of his spelling won't help matters, neither will editing your post.

I never once made fun of anyone's spelling. in fact in all the years I have been on here..I never care to complain about spelling...so do not assume that's what my post meant .... All I said was - I would be embarrassed to post that.. MEANING -> the myth used as a way to debunk the facts...I bolded it at the time..because that comment alone if uttered by anyone.. sounds back to front and weird to hear or read

A small typo does not mean much to me... might to others but not me, it certainly doesn't tell me anything about their English use..I myself make typos non stop.... the post content and what was said stood out more.(myths used to debunk a fact...I felt that was back to front. ) ..not a typo of a single letter !!..... I edited it because I see no point...If people want to believe myths trump facts.. I say let them.. It is not as if minds will change !

Edited by Beckys_Mom

it might actually work. they would try to bribe the scots and scientists.their best arguement would be tat even a scientist supports them.

How can believing something that is patently untrue be healthy or beneficial?