Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
MaKaElectric

World On The Brink

48 posts in this topic

[media=]

[/media]

Video Links -

Police Officer Warns Of An "Event" In October 2012

http://youtu.be/wALNWwzERQ4?t=1s

China Says War With US Imminent

http://www.washingto...war-us-imminent

China Says War With US Imminent (Backup Link)

http://stratrisks.com/geostrat/6697

Fort Bragg Shooting 06/28/2012

http://www.foxnews.c...t-at-fort-bragg

Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare

http://www.cnn.com/2...t-health-ruling

Armed Tax Agents To Enforce Obamacare

http://nation.foxnew...force-obamacare

Eric Holder In Contempt Of Congress

http://www.cnn.com/2...holder-contempt

US National Debt Clock

http://www.usdebtclock.org

hum... wake me up when the Chinese have few enough problems in their own country to bother to conquer others...

2 people like this

"There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others."

Right. Let like will all happening. Wake me up when it does happen.

I should WISH that the Chinese started a war, it might help flip this fragmented selfish namby-pamby nation I'm living in over into a proud unified industrialized nation again.

I very much doubt any nation would be willing to start WW3. The resource draw just to get started would economically ruin any nation, as well as the much more united/linked markets of the world now, would result in any attacking nation being marginalized. China is an exporter, they require trade to be profitable. A invasion of any nation would ruin them.

I should WISH that the Chinese started a war, it might help flip this fragmented selfish namby-pamby nation I'm living in over into a proud unified industrialized nation again.

I very much doubt any nation would be willing to start WW3. The resource draw just to get started would economically ruin any nation, as well as the much more united/linked markets of the world now, would result in any attacking nation being marginalized. China is an exporter, they require trade to be profitable. A invasion of any nation would ruin them.

War is the preffered game of the rich. Unfortunately a full scale war is close. There is way to much tension in the air. I felt this tension before.

Actually it's conservatives that are on the brink. Of a melt down. Get a grip.

Those who deny the possibility of war shall not be anything other than its first casuality.

War is hell, and I do not hope for war. I hope for anything but..

But consider that the last World War ended only sixty-seven years ago..

This is really not a lot of time in a historical cotext..

War will exist as long as man exists. For those of you who smirk, you can only hold that face for so long.

Smirk

We've been "on the brink" for hundreds of years according to some.

Kind of like all of these mysterious groups that some claim are prepping us for world domination - enough already, **** or get off the pot.

Those who deny the possibility of war shall not be anything other than its first casuality.

War is hell, and I do not hope for war. I hope for anything but..

But consider that the last World War ended only sixty-seven years ago..

This is really not a lot of time in a historical cotext..

War will exist as long as man exists. For those of you who smirk, you can only hold that face for so long.

And when looking at things in a historical context sixty-seven years without a major war is a period of peace unheard of in centuries. I mean at the very least someone should be attacking France or dividing up Italy by now.

Anyway to follow with the theme of the thread: DOOM!

1 person likes this

We've been "on the brink" for hundreds of years according to some.

Hahah, I just want to point out that there have been 2 world wars in the past 100 years, so that statement doesnt really work in your favor.

Posted (edited)

hum... wake me up when the Chinese have few enough problems in their own country to bother to conquer others...

You mean like Tibet?

Edited by OverSword

Posted (edited)

Eh, I'm ready for a change. I'd like to see a new world order rise up. Something in a Scientocracy would be nice. The Shape of Things to Come, maybe. Or maybe a Star Trek like federation. We should all be so lucky.

Edited by Pauly Dangerously

And when looking at things in a historical context sixty-seven years without a major war is a period of peace unheard of in centuries. I mean at the very least someone should be attacking France or dividing up Italy by now.

And the Pax Romana existed for two hundred years..

Then the Crisis of the Third Century occurred.

For peace to exist, war must happen. For war to happen, there must be peace.

And when looking at things in a historical context sixty-seven years without a major war is a period of peace unheard of in centuries.

Well tonnes of "minor" wars though, plus a rather major "cold" war that eclipsed the World Wars in scale.

What would the world be without its doomsayers...

What would the world be without its doomsayers...

It is not necessarily doomsaying.

It is common sense..

Well tonnes of "minor" wars though, plus a rather major "cold" war that eclipsed the World Wars in scale.

is it not amazing when you put it into perspective?

The 'evil empire' is gone but the evil is not.

20 years after we were promised a 'peace dividend' we are still being owed.

Why? One guy (bin Laden) and his followers, hardly. US secret government? Why?

Depends on your perception of "minor" and "peace". The balkans, Rwanda, Irak, Afghanistan, USA 9/11, Lybia,.......one can only wish that this "peace" never happened because where is then the point of having a war?

It is not necessarily doomsaying.

It is common sense..

Common sense that there will be major war in the future? Sure. But Obamacare being an indication of a coming one? Sheer idiocy.

It is common sense..

There is no such thing. You may as well talk about religion or philosophy.

Posted (edited)

Common sense that there will be major war in the future? Sure. But Obamacare being an indication of a coming one? Sheer idiocy.

I have respect for the King Crimson avatar.

No, I do not agree that Obamacare is an indication of a coming war. Nor many of the reasons provided in the first post.

@ninjadude - So it is not common sense that, by the nature of humanity, and our inherent need to gain, consolidate power, there will be war? So it is not common sense that the more our natural resources dwindle, we shall further compete, and politicial tensions shall rise? So it is not common sense that war is a game for politicians? So it is not common sense that war is imminent?

Regardless of what you say does and does not matter - just about every aspect of this reality will matter at some point in our perceived time, in our personal lives, or on a larger scale, if those aspects have not influenced things already.

Speaking of philosophy, I will discuss philosophy. If it were not for philosophy, America would not exist.

If Voltaire, Rousseau, Locke, Montesquieu or any other enlightenment age thinker had not championed the ideas of the renaissance, translating them to a then-contemporary context, our founding fathers would have had no basis for the concept of our good Republic.

Edited by Drayno
3 people like this

@ninjadude - So it is not common sense that, by the nature of humanity, and our inherent need to gain, consolidate power, there will be war? So it is not common sense that the more our natural resources dwindle, we shall further compete, and politicial tensions shall rise? So it is not common sense that war is a game for politicians? So it is not common sense that war is imminent?

Regardless of what you say does and does not matter - just about every aspect of this reality will matter at some point in our perceived time, in our personal lives, or on a larger scale, if those aspects have not influenced things already.

World population seems like driving toward a cliff with no brakes, just like US debt and US contingency debt.

And the Pax Romana existed for two hundred years..

Then the Crisis of the Third Century occurred.

For peace to exist, war must happen. For war to happen, there must be peace.

The Pax Romana saw invasions, rebellions, and civil wars a plenty. And during this time there was plenty of blood following in China and other parts of the world.

And of course you need war for peace and vis versa, with them being opposites and all. Doesn't mean WW3 is going to happen any day now.

True but normally by now some major world powers should have thrown down by now. Instead they're all getting along, to verying degrees. No major war is in the works right now.

Depends on your perception of "minor" and "peace". The balkans, Rwanda, Irak, Afghanistan, USA 9/11, Lybia,.......one can only wish that this "peace" never happened because where is then the point of having a war?

We don't have cities being wiped off the map, major country devoting all their resources towards war, dozens of countries being pulled into long and bloody fights, and thousand of soldiers being killed in a single day. Since the end of the Second World War no major powers have directly gone to war. The conflicts have either been regional with major players staying neutral or have been one sided with a powerful nation (or a collection of them) fighting a single weak nation. The wars we're dealing with today are no where near the scale of the wars that tend to break out every generation in human history.