Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New survey: 36% believe in UFOs

According to the results of a new National Geographic survey, over 36% of Americans believe in UFOs.

Thirty-six percent of Americans, about 80 million people, believe UFOs exist, and a tenth believe they have spotted one, a new National Geographic poll shows.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Sorry but this is just stupid.

UFOs and extraterrestrial vehicles are not the same thing.

If people don't believe in UFO's then they are either stupid or has an IQ level of 588. Because thinking Undefined Flying Object(not extraterrestrial vehicles) doesn't exist and that you can explain everything seen in the sky is just un-logical.

Is the world becoming dumber and dumber?

:D

• Like 4

If people don't believe in UFO's then they are either stupid or has an IQ level of 588. Because thinking Undefined Flying Object(not extraterrestrial vehicles) doesn't exist and that you can explain everything seen in the sky is just un-logical.

Yep, I think they should have qualified it as 36% of Americans believe in UFO's of Extraterrestrial Origin.

Was just away to say the same thing. It annoys most people in the ET/UFO section.

im sure theres something but what that something is who knows

I would expect a high proportion of Americans to 'believe' as American popular culture invented them.

Well, I don't believe in UFOs. I've seen one so I have no doubt that they're real. I should qualify it by saying that some of them are real, but in general I was not brought up to use weasel words but to call 'em like I see 'em.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I'm one those people that belives that the goverments hide things becuase it would be an embarssement to the miltary intell.

To have things get in to their air space without theam knowing it.

Well..technically speaking, any object that is not readily identifiable IS a UFO but that acronym is not synonymous with aliens so there is nothing to actually "believe" in.

I do think that with enough scientific study and diligence, everything in the sky CAN be explained.

I do think that with enough scientific study and diligence, everything in the sky CAN be explained.

From what I've seen over the years, it's not true that everything can be explained, although I have also found that some real scientific investigations arrived at conclusions that would surprise the civilian scientists, if only they knew.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I would expect a high proportion of Americans to 'believe' as American popular culture invented them.

Well UFO's go back way before Europeans even went over to the US. So what are you talking about? lol

And do you possess all the qualities, to achieved that?? Would you be able to identify everything you would see in the sky? If so, call the military.

Yes, That was to easy. Next question.

I really don't think that everything in the sky is explainable with this level of knowledge we have.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 2

Well UFO's go back way before Europeans even went over to the US. So what are you talking about? lol

mmm......nah. That particular one would come under 'popular myth'

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Dont ya just Love surveys ? 36% + 64 % = 100 % divide that by the number of factual,actual,scientific proven encounters & Physical evidence and you Got Nuttin !

So ? WHat do you really think about E.T`s?

THere out there Man !

It doesn't matter on your opinion or if it was ET's or natural phenomena, the fact is it was around way before you said.

Edited by Coffey

I agree that UFO-like events were being reported long before the U.S. even existed as a nation, although naturally the interpretation of these has always varied according to culture and historical circumstances.

I agree that UFO-like events were being reported long before the U.S. even existed as a nation, although naturally the interpretation of these has always varied according to culture and historical circumstances.

Ditto my post #17.

As posted by Hazzard on another thread. :- http://www.sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_eng.htm

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Ditto my post #17.

For most of history, I'd tend to think of it as an "unpopular myth". I didn't look at H's posting on UFOs and art, because I assumed that it was just meant to be a joke rather than something serious. H. doesn't believe in any of this stuff at all, and I know that.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

For most of history, I'd tend to think of it as an "unpopular myth". I didn't look at H's posting on UFOs and art, because I assumed that it was just meant to be a joke rather than something serious. H. doesn't believe in any of this stuff at all, and I know that.

Then i suggest you do look :- http://www.sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_eng.htm

Ditto my post #17.

As posted by Hazzard on another thread. :- http://www.sprezzatu...rte_UFO_eng.htm

It's not just from art, it's in literature etc. I never even thought of art when I was tlaking about it.

Then i suggest you do look :- http://www.sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_eng.htm

I've seen the pictures before many times, and they are almost all religious themes, such as Christ being born or dying on the cross, and the "UFOs" are really representations of stars, the sun and the moon, planets and angels, etc. This is understandable since if he (He?) really was the Son of God, then naturally even the heavens are at his command. I don't think anyone ever intended these to be pictures of UFOs as we would understand them in the modern sense.

Edited by TheMacGuffin