Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US government: "mermaids don't exist"

Saru

Snap on the Andrew Lincoln thing. When I first saw it I thought 'he looks like that bloke from teachers' but convinced myself it wasn't him, after a few episodes I looked on-line and low and behold. Sign of a great actor if you forget or do not recognise who they are.

I think some Brits can do a great american accent and often shock the audience when their nationality is revealed, from my experience it doesn't work so well the other way around.

28 Months Later in Russia, sounds good, fits with the last films ending.

Compeltely agree. The only person who impressed me doing a biritish accent before was Mel Gibson in braveheart, I didn't think he did too bad with the Scottish accent. But then he is Australian.

Yeah having all that tundra to cross means it would be hard for the infected to make it without freezing or starving. Even hitlers armies struggled with it. lol

This probably came about because of the airing of Animal Planets docufiction 'Mermaids Found'. Alot of folks took it as 100% fact.

• Like 1

You don't say.

If this was 2009, we'd have Obama himself coming on TV to say Mermaids are not real. The man was on the TV every day in 2009.

Even just this little blurb should be a waste of the governments time. Yet... at the same time, this kind of prooves my point that the American people are gettting "stupider", because apparently enough people thought this was Real that the government felt the need to respond. When you have that many people not having common sense, you get the state of the US today, with Deficit spending out of control and whatnot.

• Like 1

Ah well, for the half of the population that is above average in intelligence, there exists the other half to wit this statement addresses quite nicely.

Finally, I actually believe our government is telling the truth, for once.

:tu:

Ive never believed these shows.. most of them are just that: shows(codex gigas comes to mind) it makes me sad to see people do believe them.... :no:

Edited by the 2

The show did give the american government as well as others a bad name, seeing that they made it look like there was a cover up conspiracy going on, they probably felt the need to defend themselves. It also didn't help that the cannibal attack happened a little while after the show aired. As for the zombie apocolypse, it could be caused by a rapidly spread disease but just like every other disease, if not treated the people effected would eventually die out.

Their hiding something... mermaids with lasers, perhaps?

• Like 1

They don't? Oh, no...my unicorn is going to be heartbroken.

• Like 1

The government just ruined 100s of little girls dreams. Although when I was told I couldn't grow up to be a dinosaur I was devastated, then moved on to horses.

Hate to ruin your current dream but I think you'll have about as much luck of growing up as a horse as you would have a dinosaur! :)

This probably came about because of the airing of Animal Planets docufiction 'Mermaids Found'. Alot of folks took it as 100% fact.

Keen mind you have there ;) (they stated that in the article)

This isn't just your Trailer Park variety believing in this stuff. Well educated people with degrees fell for it. One thing about Common Sense. it's not so common.

If they say the same thing about pink unicorns, then I will be mailing a bomb to the white house. The voices in my head keep telling me that they exist.

• Like 2

Keen mind you have there ;) (they stated that in the article)

I guess that's what I get for not reading the article first.

Yeah, OK, U.S. Government, I believe that just like I believe that Area 51 and the Mafia don't exist?

Were not all that stupid U.S. government, were really not at all!

signed: Unbeliever of believing the Government

If they say the same thing about pink unicorns, then I will be mailing a bomb to the white house. The voices in my head keep telling me that they exist.

Haha, watch what you say. Some guy was in court the other day for saying something about a trian or plane being delayed and said somehting like; "if it was delayed one more time I will blow this place sky high" LOL Stephen Fry (British celebrity) and Al Murey (british comedian) both went to support him though.

Edited by Coffey

The pink ones are very rare; mine is lavender, which is a more common color.

• Like 1

I have a teacher who will literally swear on his life that he saw a mermaid while diving in a cave in like Fiji or somewhere like that. Of course this is the same teachers who has jumped the US border multiple time and got shot in the head while drug running cocaine in his youth.. Not sure how reliable he is.

• Like 1

They are saying it because the one they tried to catch ,flipped the bird and got away so they have to save embarrassment.

• Like 1

The Herald Sun said:

The United States government has assured its citizens that, much like zombies, mermaids probably do not exist, saying in an official post: "No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found".

arrow3.gifRead more...

It's not saying they don't exist, it's saying the evidence hasn't been found. If someone presents evidence of mermaids, then you can present evidence in contradistinction to say that the evidence does not represent a mermaid, it's something else. ( for example someone presents a photo of a mermaid, you can say its just a photoshop) But if you say 'mermaids don't exist' in response to an absence of evidence, you are just using a lack of evidence to respond to a lack of evidence. Neither statement has any falsifiability because there's nothing tangible for both sides to examine, so there's no way to disprove anything.

• Like 1

Yeah, OK, U.S. Government, I believe that just like I believe that Area 51 and the Mafia don't exist?

Were not all that stupid U.S. government, were really not at all!

signed: Unbeliever of believing the Government

Wow, that is a relief, now I can go back in fishing LOL.

In an unusual announcement the US government has assured people that mermaids most likely don't exist.

"most likely" don't exist? What does that mean?

What a random thing to say. I wonder why they just blatantly come out with this? Everyone should know they don't exist. lol